Author Topic: Biden's chances in 2016... Are people underestimating him?  (Read 1720 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Biden's chances in 2016... Are people underestimating him?
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:00:06 AM »
Okay, before today, I've never even considered the possibility of this... but it's something to chew on.

IF hilary doesn't run... (If she runs, let's assume it's a coronation).

IF she doesn't run... Biden will probably be the Dem in the race with the MOST experience.  He's been in the White House for 8 years, seeing and learning everything.  Decades in congress.  Compare that with Rand and his epic 2 or 3 years legislating very minimally to avoid stepping on toes.

He's avoided scandal.  Zero major conflicts (Haliburton would have hurt Cheney had he run in 2008).

He'll have more experience than any GOP candidate not named Jeb.

Repubs are slowly self-destructing.  SOME of them.  Rand pissed off his base by supporting amnesty.  Christie closes bridges and lies about it. 

He's batshit crazy, but fearless too... He neutralized Paul Ryan and really showed the bright young face of the GOP was able to be subdued, controlled, and bulled by an old man with fake hair and fake teeth.

2016 could be one of those years where it's a bunch of young newbies from the GOP, a bunch of boring faces from the DNC... and then, crazy ol' Uncle Joe that could really just be the right guy in the right spot at the time time.  (If it's Jeb vs Hilary, Biden has no chance... but Perry vs Biden... hmmm that could go either way).

BEFORE you say it's crazy... looking back, NOBODY thought Biden would end up veep back in 2006 when he was a walking punchline and just joking around at debates... and he's been a heartbeat from the most powerful office in the world for almost 6 years now.  People continually UNDERESTIMATE Joe Biden.   

So yeah, in a perfect storm of jeb/hilary sitting out (unlikely), Biden might be just good enough to back into the presidency, like he's done with everything else.

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: Biden's chances in 2016... Are people underestimating him?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:06:22 AM »
Okay, before today, I've never even considered the possibility of this... but it's something to chew on.

IF hilary doesn't run... (If she runs, let's assume it's a coronation).

IF she doesn't run... Biden will probably be the Dem in the race with the MOST experience.  He's been in the White House for 8 years, seeing and learning everything.  Decades in congress.  Compare that with Rand and his epic 2 or 3 years legislating very minimally to avoid stepping on toes.

He's avoided scandal.  Zero major conflicts (Haliburton would have hurt Cheney had he run in 2008).

He'll have more experience than any GOP candidate not named Jeb.

Repubs are slowly self-destructing.  SOME of them.  Rand pissed off his base by supporting amnesty.  Christie closes bridges and lies about it. 

He's batshit crazy, but fearless too... He neutralized Paul Ryan and really showed the bright young face of the GOP was able to be subdued, controlled, and bulled by an old man with fake hair and fake teeth.

2016 could be one of those years where it's a bunch of young newbies from the GOP, a bunch of boring faces from the DNC... and then, crazy ol' Uncle Joe that could really just be the right guy in the right spot at the time time.  (If it's Jeb vs Hilary, Biden has no chance... but Perry vs Biden... hmmm that could go either way).

BEFORE you say it's crazy... looking back, NOBODY thought Biden would end up veep back in 2006 when he was a walking punchline and just joking around at debates... and he's been a heartbeat from the most powerful office in the world for almost 6 years now.  People continually UNDERESTIMATE Joe Biden.   

So yeah, in a perfect storm of jeb/hilary sitting out (unlikely), Biden might be just good enough to back into the presidency, like he's done with everything else.

yeah whatever his wife is hot.  I say we let him be president.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
240 will be on the jock of whoever the democrats run

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:12:16 AM »

dude, you know more than anyone that I think biden is a fake hair, fake teeth, batshit crazy dude that has just achieved his position by showing up on time and just letting others fall around him due to their own folly...

DUDE WON THE VP slot.  How in the world... I mean, think about that.  He's perhaps the greatest overachiever in history lol... his ego is huge, he's obnoxious and crazy and overbearing.

BUT

Repubs do have a history of underestimating people.  Remember "Scott brown 41!" and "Obamacare is dead!" and all that stuff?  Dancing after the 1st debate.  Obama should have lost, should have lost big... and he won big.  You watch FOX news and it's always a victory lap no matter what.  you watch MSNBC and it's this frantic panic about what the GOP might do.   Repubs really do celebrate early all the time.  And I think batshit crazy Uncle Joe could win.  He's not a stupid man... he speaks very well on the legislative stuff... and he's had two terms in the white house now, so he will be able to speak authoritatively on things that Rubio has never read or seen, ya know?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:18:39 AM »
Biden is genuinely clinically retarded, i hope he does run. It will be fucking hilarious

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
Biden is genuinely clinically retarded, i hope he does run. It will be fucking hilarious

Not until today did I think about it.  But if you compare his RESUME to anyone (currently in the discussion) not named Hilary or Jeb... heck, his resume might be stronger than Jeb... 2 terms as governor

Biden has 35 YEARS in Congress and 8 in the white house, part of every decision and change. 

Wow... think about that... it's very likely that Biden will have the MOST EXPERIENCE in 2008.  More than Hilary even.  I'm not saying he isn't an idiot, he clearly is.  This thread is more about "COULD HE..."  And yeah, I think he could.  Best resume in the place, and we all know that people that clearly don't give a fck tend to do better than those who worry about every word and step.  Biden isn't known for second guessing himself, however wrong he is lol.  A big mouth didn't stop him from winning the veep slot.  Think about a moment in a debate with a Rubio or Rand... Rand Paul will know he has decades of politics ahead of him... might just play it safe and NOT say things..> Biden might blurt out a winning line cause, well, he just gives no fcks.  It could win.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »

No doubt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:25 AM »

Would definitely be funny.  Would be even funnier if he wins the nomination. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:12:03 PM »
Not until today did I think about it.  But if you compare his RESUME to anyone (currently in the discussion) not named Hilary or Jeb... heck, his resume might be stronger than Jeb... 2 terms as governor

Biden has 35 YEARS in Congress and 8 in the white house, part of every decision and change. 

Wow... think about that... it's very likely that Biden will have the MOST EXPERIENCE in 2008.  More than Hilary even.  I'm not saying he isn't an idiot, he clearly is.  This thread is more about "COULD HE..."  And yeah, I think he could.  Best resume in the place, and we all know that people that clearly don't give a fck tend to do better than those who worry about every word and step.  Biden isn't known for second guessing himself, however wrong he is lol.  A big mouth didn't stop him from winning the veep slot.  Think about a moment in a debate with a Rubio or Rand... Rand Paul will know he has decades of politics ahead of him... might just play it safe and NOT say things..> Biden might blurt out a winning line cause, well, he just gives no fcks.  It could win.

His resume doesnt matter, what matters is how he will appear during debates and in interviews and speeches...and that will be comedy gold

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »
His resume doesnt matter, what matters is how he will appear during debates and in interviews and speeches...and that will be comedy gold

Really can repubs talk after running palin as vp lol

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »
We're talking about ur crazy uncle Joe...not the cougar milf down the road.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
Really can repubs talk after running palin as vp lol

She was far more qualified than O-TWINK then, now, and forever will be. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »

He has plenty of experience in the field of being a failure.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »
Opinions from the bunch that thought palin was qualified lol priceless

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 04:27:18 PM »
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the masses.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 04:39:46 PM »
i just find it funny how people pretend that they base their assessment of a politician's intelligence on their assessment of that politician's intelligence.  stop it.  please just stop it.  99.999999% have already decided who they're voting for.  and you're going to watch the debates why again? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »
imagine the matchup of "fun loving uncle joe" versus "big mean bully christie".

Sure, everyone would just blame the media... but yeah, Joe could win.  As insane as that is.  We keep hearing about how dumb he is.  Dude won over 4 decades' worth of elections being stupid. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 01:14:26 AM »
Seriously? Joe Biden?

For the sake of this discussion, let's completely ignore his political positions. With that out of the way, I'll grant you that he's got a good political "résumé": 36 years in the Senate and eight years as a VP: no matter how you cut, slice or dice it, he's got considerable experience both in the legislative and the executive branch, he is a seasoned politician and seems to be relatively smart. It seems like he'd be a great choice!

Except he wouldn't:

First of all, the man has a penchant for sticking his foot in his foot - so much so that his tongue has athlete's foot. Is that a quality we want in a President? Didn't we learn anything from Bushisms?

Additionally, if he were elected to the Presidency in the 2015 elections he'd be 75 when he would be sworn in - that's older than Ronald Reagan was when he was reelected. Even if he's in excellent health, do we really want an old man in the Office of the President - someone born in the first half of the 20th century when we're well into the 21st?

Again, this has nothing to do with Biden's political beliefs and positions on the issues: I disagree with almost all his positions but I don't think that's relevant for this analysis.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 07:53:31 AM »
I also agree he's too old. 

But Repubs said mccain was just fine when he was the same age in 2008.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »
I also agree he's too old. 

But Repubs said mccain was just fine when he was the same age in 2008.

Blindly partisan people will say anything.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »
Seriously? Joe Biden?

For the sake of this discussion, let's completely ignore his political positions. With that out of the way, I'll grant you that he's got a good political "résumé": 36 years in the Senate and eight years as a VP: no matter how you cut, slice or dice it, he's got considerable experience both in the legislative and the executive branch, he is a seasoned politician and seems to be relatively smart. It seems like he'd be a great choice!

Except he wouldn't:

First of all, the man has a penchant for sticking his foot in his foot - so much so that his tongue has athlete's foot. Is that a quality we want in a President? Didn't we learn anything from Bushisms?

Additionally, if he were elected to the Presidency in the 2015 elections he'd be 75 when he would be sworn in - that's older than Ronald Reagan was when he was reelected. Even if he's in excellent health, do we really want an old man in the Office of the President - someone born in the first half of the 20th century when we're well into the 21st?

Again, this has nothing to do with Biden's political beliefs and positions on the issues: I disagree with almost all his positions but I don't think that's relevant for this analysis.

I was talking to someone about this other day in the context of mandatory retirement ages in some jobs.  I don't agree with that at all.  Typically, the older you get, the wiser and more experienced you get.  A person probably has more immediate value to an organization when they are near the end of their career than the beginning. 

Overall, I have no problem at all with a someone in their 70s or 80s being president if they are healthy enough to serve.  We Supreme Court Justices a lifetime appointment.  No logical distinction between a healthy 75 year old justice and a healthy 75 year old president IMO. 

That said,  I wouldn't want Biden as president at age 40, 50, 60, 70 . . . .

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 06:53:13 PM »
I was talking to someone about this other day in the context of mandatory retirement ages in some jobs.  I don't agree with that at all.

I don't believe in mandatory retirement ages for elected positions, but I do support term limits for the Office of the President; it wouldn't take much to convince me that we should have term limits for members of Congress either. While generally I think that people should be able to vote for what they want, the power of the incumbency has grown and we have assholes that get elected and grow roots. Not a good thing.

Typically, the older you get, the wiser and more experienced you get.  A person probably has more immediate value to an organization when they are near the end of their career than the beginning.

While that may be true to a certain extent, the facts are that people's mental acuity and abilities do decline. Which is why 70 and 80 year old CEOs are the exception and not the rule.

Overall, I have no problem at all with a someone in their 70s or 80s being president if they are healthy enough to serve.

Health is only one component, and it's not even the most important one. Mental acuity is where it's at. Most people showcase significant decline in their early '70s.

We Supreme Court Justices a lifetime appointment.  No logical distinction between a healthy 75 year old justice and a healthy 75 year old president IMO.

There's a difference: the difference is that the Justice is appointed for life, not elected for a limited term. You may as well argue that there's no distinction between an 16 year old dog and an 16 year old McDonalds cheeseburger.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »
I don't believe in mandatory retirement ages for elected positions, but I do support term limits for the Office of the President; it wouldn't take much to convince me that we should have term limits for members of Congress either. While generally I think that people should be able to vote for what they want, the power of the incumbency has grown and we have assholes that get elected and grow roots. Not a good thing.

While that may be true to a certain extent, the facts are that people's mental acuity and abilities do decline. Which is why 70 and 80 year old CEOs are the exception and not the rule.

Health is only one component, and it's not even the most important one. Mental acuity is where it's at. Most people showcase significant decline in their early '70s.

There's a difference: the difference is that the Justice is appointed for life, not elected for a limited term. You may as well argue that there's no distinction between an 16 year old dog and an 16 year old McDonalds cheeseburger.

I'm a late convert to term limits, but that's a different issue.

I don't think someone who has a decline in mental abilities is or should be disqualified solely on that basis.  It depends on what they brought to the table at their peak and what they currently bring to the table in terms of intelligence.  Someone who is brilliant and loses 10 percent is probably still smarter than most people.  What I don't think they lose is experience.  There is no substitute for experience.  That's part of the reason I have so much respect for people who are older than me.  

I understand justices are appointed for life, but there is no logical distinction between the job a justice does and the job a president does from an intellectual standpoint.  I wouldn't say one requires more intelligence than the other.  

I would never compare a dog to a piece of meat.  

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 05:22:01 AM »

The man is a complete imbecile. 

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 07:57:31 AM »
If America was to put him in the WH - TOTAL DISASTER LIKE WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ....... THE END OF America, can you IMAGINE what this guy would do with our military? foreign relations? the economy? Yes, he has A LOT of experience working WITH others, but going pretty much solo as the Chief Executive of the USA- ? oh my  :-[