Author Topic: partially hydrogenated guar gum  (Read 4113 times)

momo200

• Getbig II
partially hydrogenated guar gum
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
partially hydrogenated guar gum safety ? Any help ?

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
Re: partially hydrogenated guar gum
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:12:49 AM »
Don't know about the partially hydrogenated part, because this is the first time I hear of this in combination with guar gum...

Guar gum itself contains a lot of fiber, so it's considered healthy. Some claim it lowers cholesterol and it could help fight diabetes. In some it can cause indigestion, because it promotes bowel movement.

It is widely used as filler in gluten free breads and pastries, so the product is less dry and crumbles less.

Anything specific you are concerned about regarding guar gum?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:41:57 AM »
I'm not exactly well-read on guar gum, but I seem to recall some concern that it blocks the body's absorption of certain minerals/nutrients. 

Anyone interested in this topic may wish to investigate Konjac or Glucomannan, as it it also called. You can buy the raw form of the root, or a more processed version in supplement form.

momo200

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:31:25 AM »
Don't know about the partially hydrogenated part, because this is the first time I hear of this in combination with guar gum...

Guar gum itself contains a lot of fiber, so it's considered healthy. Some claim it lowers cholesterol and it could help fight diabetes. In some it can cause indigestion, because it promotes bowel movement.

It is widely used as filler in gluten free breads and pastries, so the product is less dry and crumbles less.

Anything specific you are concerned about regarding guar gum?

I found it in the pro complex gainer, and I thought that is like the hydrogenated oiks which cause cancer etc

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 07:45:44 AM »
I found it in the pro complex gainer, and I thought that is like the hydrogenated oiks which cause cancer etc

I understand. It's good to know what you're eating.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »
hydrogenated = trans fats... might say 0g on the label but this is due to a trick... in the US and canada companies can have 0.49g/serving of trans fats and round down to 0

boom