Author Topic: leather golf gloves made from dog testicles  (Read 5538 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
leather golf gloves made from dog testicles
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
problem is you can't wear the fuckers in the cold as they shrivel up shrink.. though, that might not be such a problem if you've got hands like an action man (gi joe) figure

In the ruff? How pets are being stolen in Thailand to fuel growing demand for leather golf gloves made from dog testicles

Grisly discovery near Laos border last month after raids
    Hundreds of dog skins were found abandoned in north Thailand
    Smugglers sell the skin to leather manufacturers in China and Vietnam
    Skin from dogs' testicles is particularly sought after to make golf gloves

Pet owners in Thailand are being told to keep a close eye on their four-legged friends after hundreds of dog remains were found near the border of Laos.

It is thought the dog remains, made up of hundreds of skins and bones which had been abandoned in a forest in Sakon Nakhon, northeastern Thailand, were destined for Vietnam and China.

There, dog meat is considered a delicacy, but is also used to make leather products – in particular golf gloves made from canine testicles.

In danger: Smugglers kidnap pet dogs as they are easier to catch than strays, and sell the skin to leather manufacturers in China and Vietnam

The find was made last month by Thai police, who revealed the purpose of the practice, which is illegal in Thailand.

‘The skins would be bleached - some are then sent (by smugglers) to other countries to be made into gloves for playing golf,’ Lamai Sakolpitak, from a special police unit to suppress smuggling and the trade in animal parts, told AFP.

‘The skins would be bleached - some are then sent (by smugglers) to other countries to be made into gloves for playing golf,’ Lamai Sakolpitak, from a special police unit to suppress smuggling and the trade in animal parts, told AFP.

'Experts say that dog skins are also used for instruments such as drums.’

Mr Lamai said the find is linked to the March raids on two makeshift factories in the area where smugglers would strip skin from dogs and preserve the meat.

Dog skin is highly sought after by manufacturers of golf gloves, predominantly the skin from the testicles as it is particularly soft, John Dalley, co-founder and vice-president of Thai dog welfare organisation Soi Dog Foundation, told Businessweek.com.

Although there are thousands of stray dogs in Thailand’s many large cities, smugglers prefer domestic pets as they are easier to catch, Mr Dalley says.

‘Stray dogs are extremely difficult to catch. It’s far easier to catch pet dogs or unwanted service dogs,’ he says, adding that the illegal dog trade is extremely cruel.

Mr Dalley, who has lived in Thailand for over a decade, says dogs are often packed into cages before being dragged out and skinned alive.

Local campaign group Watchdog Thailand confirmed that dog skin is used for golf gloves, hats and wallets and that smugglers will offer to pay around $10 for a live dog, including pets and strays.

Brutal: It is illegal to kill dogs for meat in Thailand, but many take the risk to make money off the lucrative market in China

'Extra soft': The skin from dogs' testicles are used to make golfing gloves

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: leather golf gloves made from dog testicles
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »
Love to pull over that truck, viciously beat the driver to death and free the dogs  >:(

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »
Who figured this out and how?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
Love to pull over that truck, viciously beat the driver to death and free the dogs  >:(

AGREED! I would join you with pleasure.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:43 AM »
Couldn't read.

Where do I buy golf gloves made from asians?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »
Love to pull over that truck, viciously beat the driver to death and free the dogs  >:(
Why do people value a dogs life more than a human's?  And why is there no consideration for all the animals that are slaughtered to feed dogs?  Is it just because you have made emotional connections with dogs and not cows?  And if so, does that make the cows life less significant?  I am being serious, I would appreciate genuine answers.  I see all animal life being of value (with the exception of probably rodents who cause health issues, humans always come before animals IMO) and I don't understand why people abhor dogs being killed but have no problem with billions of other animals being killed yearly for human consumption.

If you own a pet you are complicit in dogs suffering, as the pet industry labels dogs as commodities, breeds them to excess to satisfy market demands and then simply destroys the excess, even though they are healthy. So anyone who participates in the pet industry is by default helping perpetuate a cycle of suffering for dogs.  So even though your particular pet may be well treated, by default you are part of the cycle of dogs suffering.  If it was truly dogs not suffering that concerned you, wouldn't you want to see an end to the industry that manufactures it, even if it meant you would lose the privilege of having a companionship animal?  The alternative is a regulated pet industry that eliminates healthy animals being euthanized, but we all know that will never happen as long as animals are considered commodities.
V

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »
Couldn't read.

Where do I buy golf gloves made from asians?

It would take way too many asians to provide enough material for one pair of gloves, it just wouldnt make sense financially.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 11:09:18 AM »
In all fairness, they probably eat the meat so they aren't just kiling dogs, skinning them and throwing them away.  I know a lot of people get mad but if they have a dog farm where they raise and nurture them like they do cows and pigs then what's the problem?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 11:19:19 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »

Why do people value a dogs life more than a human's?  

x2

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
Who figured this out and how?
The guy who had a constant urge to keep playing with his fingers.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 11:44:37 AM »

If you own a pet you are complicit in dogs suffering, as the pet industry labels dogs as commodities, breeds them to excess to satisfy market demands and then simply destroys the excess, even though they are healthy. So anyone who participates in the pet industry is by default helping perpetuate a cycle of suffering for dogs.  So even though your particular pet may be well treated, by default you are part of the cycle of dogs suffering.  If it was truly dogs not suffering that concerned you, wouldn't you want to see an end to the industry that manufactures it, even if it meant you would lose the privilege of having a companionship animal?  The alternative is a regulated pet industry that eliminates healthy animals being euthanized, but we all know that will never happen as long as animals are considered commodities.

yes, we get it, you don't like dogs.

So if my dog came from a great breeder, is fed on raw food and is loved as a family member , that somehow causes other dogs to suffer?

intredasting.

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »
Why do people value a dogs life more than a human's?  And why is there no consideration for all the animals that are slaughtered to feed dogs?  Is it just because you have made emotional connections with dogs and not cows?  And if so, does that make the cows life less significant?  I am being serious, I would appreciate genuine answers.  I see all animal life being of value (with the exception of probably rodents who cause health issues, humans always come before animals IMO) and I don't understand why people abhor dogs being killed but have no problem with billions of other animals being killed yearly for human consumption.

Fuck off.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »
where can I buy these gloves  ??? seems like fine material

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 11:55:16 AM »

Dogs and cats give you unconditional love, put theirselves in your mercy and give you that trust, they don't bitch and backstab.We in the western world have put these 2 species as family.You are right about the cows etc, but simple fact is they show less human traits of loyalty, love etc so we weigh up that they serve best to feed us.I understand the point of dogs/cats being able to feel/show love etc is debated, but Ive seen enough to not doubt my belief.

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
where can I buy these gloves  ??? seems like fine material
They are the 'dogs bollocks' amongst golfing gloves.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »
Dogs and cats give you unconditional love, put theirselves in your mercy and give you that trust, they don't bitch and backstab.We in the western world have put these 2 species as family.You are right about the cows etc, but simple fact is they show less human traits of loyalty, love etc so we weigh up that they serve best to feed us.I understand the point of dogs/cats being able to feel/show love etc is debated, but Ive seen enough to not doubt my belief.

a cat will drop you quicker than a slags knickers for some old biddy feeding it tasty titbits.. cats love no one 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 12:21:14 PM »

because humans are filth

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 12:24:09 PM »
a cat will drop you quicker than a slags knickers for some old biddy feeding it tasty titbits.. cats love no one 

All depends on the cats upbringing, how much time they spent with you in first 6 weeks of life etc

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »
its sickening how people treat animals,

Mahatma Gandhi — 'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.'

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
It would take way too many asians to provide enough material for one pair of gloves, it just wouldnt make sense financially.
Lol

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »
yes, we get it, you don't like dogs.

So if my dog came from a great breeder, is fed on raw food and is loved as a family member , that somehow causes other dogs to suffer?

intredasting.
We get it, you don't give a fuck about the millions of healthy dogs destroyed all so you can enslave an animal and use it to derive emotional rewards.  Unlike you, I am concerned that so many healthy dogs get euthanized all so you can pretend that you care about them when really all you are concerned about his how enslaving an animal makes you feel.  I believe it is pet owners who actually dislike animals, why else would they enslave one knowing that the process of doing so ensures the cycle of healthy dogs being unnecessarily destroyed,  The fact you fail to see how your need to enslave a dog is complicit in healthy dogs being killed is the problem.  This is often the case with groups of people, they like to shift the blame elsewhere rather than take responsibility for the consequences of their selfish needs.  Pet owners are notoriously unaware of their complicity in millions of dogs being killed, essentially because they don't give a fuck about innocent dogs suffering and aren't prepared to relinquish their selfish need to enslave one for personal reasons.
V

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 12:49:29 AM »
We get it, you don't give a fuck about the millions of healthy dogs destroyed all so you can enslave an animal and use it to derive emotional rewards.  Unlike you, I am concerned that so many healthy dogs get euthanized so you can pretend that you care about them when really all you are concerned about his how enslaving an animal makes you feel.  I believe it is pet owners who actually dislike animals, why else would they enslave one knowing that the process of doing so ensures the cycle of healthy dogs being unnecessarily destroyed,  The fact you fail to see how your need to enslave a dog is complicit in healthy dogs being killed is the problem.  This is often the case with groups of people, they like to shift the blame elsewhere rather than take responsibility for the consequences of their selfish needs.  Pet owners are notoriously unaware of their complicity in millions of dogs being killed, essentially because they don't give a fuck about innocent dogs suffering and aren't prepared to relinquish their selfish need to enslave one for personal reasons.

Fuck off.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 01:42:55 AM »
AGREED! I would join you with pleasure.

I would take a black&decker drill and put more holes in these guys than a sieve....hire a couple nurses to give them fluids and keep them alive as long as possible while I'm doing it

Killing a dog swiftly & humanely for meat is one thing.... but stealing pet dogs, cramming them into cages, and skinning them alive, well, I have no words

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 09:57:32 AM »
The treatment of dogs in such places shouldn’t be a surprise. Life is very tough for the people and there is hardly any value put on human life, it’s not like they are going to care much for dogs which are extremely large in numbers anyway.