Author Topic: honouring commitments > dog sponsoring.  (Read 965 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
honouring commitments > dog sponsoring.
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:50:21 AM »

so thru pm I've contacted josh to sponsor a dog.

I am going to have to reneg on this arrangement.

I have decided to rescue and give one a good home instead.

this will be my third rescue and I hope he - I have a 1 yr old female PB and a 3 yr old male AB - brings as much love and warmth into the home as I am anticipating.

I'll post pics once I find our new friend.

great to see this board doing something impactful and positive irl. much props.

cheers.
b

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: honouring commitments > dog sponsoring.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »
Awesome! We just took in our second rescue and will be looking for a third in about a year.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:53:33 AM »
Good for you my friend. He or She will have a wonderful home to go to and will be your companion for life.  Have you picked out a name yet?  What are the names of your other dogs?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
Awesome no one. Give him a big hug from me when you get him home.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »
no one cares...a lot.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »
that's great aj- I just babysat two bull breeds this week -a 6yr old Victorian BD named Charlie and a 10month old AB named diesel. so there were 4 bullies here. I thought I'd be pulling my hair out but it was awesome and zero extra effort. then again I have the property to run them off leash. I imagine if I had to walk them all I'd be singing a different tune :D

TA the female is Molly the male is Dozer (what an apt name he's a bulldozer for sure big and dumb). Molly's my girl she's special to me that's why I want another male so we keep that bond between her and I. I would like to either rescue another mastiff this time around or another bully. as for the names I keep the names they come with more often or not they really suit the dog. lol

will do Bob count on it.
b

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 11:03:05 AM »
that's great aj- I just babysat two bull breeds this week -a 6yr old Victorian BD named Charlie and a 10month old AB named diesel. so there were 4 bullies here. I thought I'd be pulling my hair out but it was awesome and zero extra effort. then again I have the property to run them off leash. I imagine if I had to walk them all I'd be singing a different tune :D

TA the female is Molly the male is Dozer (what an apt name he's a bulldozer for sure big and dumb). Molly's my girl she's special to me that's why I want another male so we keep that bond between her and I. I would like to either rescue another mastiff this time around or another bully. as for the names I keep the names they come with more often or not they really suit the dog. lol

will do Bob count on it.

We have a pit mix and a lab mix. The pit is Kinna "Special K" and the Lab is Zoe "World War Z". We'll probably pick up another pit mix the next time out.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »

will do Bob count on it.
Mastiffs are beautiful.  I have a Mastiff story.  One of my friends had one, named Peter the Great.  One of the biggest dogs I have ever seen and was intimidating.  Being around, dogs all of my life, I figured I would make friends with Peter the Great.  All was going well for a few hours and then I started petting him again.  For some reason, he lunged at me and bit the crotch of my jeans, about a few centimeters from my ding dong and tore my entire pant leg off from the crotch like it was tissue paper.  I was wearing brand new Levi`s and they were thick.  You know how strong Levi`s are because they are woven to tighten on themselves.  I could not believe it.  I did not even have time to react.  I was scared shitless.  One of the luckiest moments of my life.  A few centimeters over, and he would have torn my balls and penis off as easy as he tore the jeans off.  Crazy.  I wasn`t even mad though.  Bewildered, impressed, adrenaline pumping and scared.  Must have been that he smelled my dog or something.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 11:14:02 AM »
Teach your dog to hate negroes.  My neighbor had a german sheppard pup.  This black guy who was a friend of the dad would be real rough with the puppy, to the point where the dog would be afraid of him.  The black guy moved away but those memories remained with the dog as he grew up.  As a full grown, any time he sees a black person he goes nuts, like throwing a T-bone in front of him. 
They actually felt bad about it and embarassed because they can't hardly take him for walks or to the park because he will go nuts every time.  They even tried to get doggy help for him but no luck so they got him put down.  I was pissed.  Would have loved to have him as my pet, especially since he was already trained to stop criminals.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »
Teach your dog to hate negroes.  My neighbor had a german sheppard pup.  This black guy who was a friend of the dad would be real rough with the puppy, to the point where the dog would be afraid of him.  The black guy moved away but those memories remained with the dog as he grew up.  As a full grown, any time he sees a black person he goes nuts, like throwing a T-bone in front of him. 
They actually felt bad about it and embarassed because they can't hardly take him for walks or to the park because he will go nuts every time.  They even tried to get doggy help for him but no luck so they got him put down.  I was pissed.  Would have loved to have him as my pet, especially since he was already trained to stop criminals.
hahahahahahaha lol at the last part hahahahahahaha

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »

Our Old Tyme Bulldog.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »

Our Old Tyme Bulldog.
Looks as Purebred as it gets.  Bulldogs around here cost a lot of $$$.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »

When I was a kid our dog used to bark at crippled people.  :-[  It was the damnedest thing.

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 11:38:07 AM »
Looks as Purebred as it gets.  Bulldogs around here cost a lot of $$$.
Pure British Bulldogs (The Winston Churchill type) can go for upwards of £2,000
Old Tyme can be picked up for around £500

Hes 1/4 British Bulldog with a mix of American Bulldogs

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »

Yours looks more like what the Bulldog was originally intended to look like, from the 1800s.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 11:42:11 AM »

lovely doggie

do you have to keep that quiet
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Yours looks more like what the Bulldog was originally intended to look like, from the 1800s.

Thats the look the breeders are going for to get away from all the health problems associated with the squat short Bulldogs.

Simple Simon

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »
lovely doggie

do you have to keep that quiet
No theres no pit in him, he looks nothing like a pit really, more american than anything.
hers my last one prior to him, the current one learning from the master

He was a French Mastiff x American Bulldog.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »

here in sweden we have 99.9% the "new" english bulldog and they go for 2k brittish pounds (2.5k euro)..never seen or heard of a pure brittish bulldog here in sweden. I looked up some breeders of the new type  but decided for a staffordshire bt instead the new br bulldogs have so much decises ( how the fuck do youspell that) ....my  2 year old staffie is the english type (her parents are importet from england)and thats how they are supposed to look, small and slender not the bullie type that are what 90% of the staffies in sweden are