Author Topic: Has anyone ever done Quaaloods?  (Read 963 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Has anyone ever done Quaaloods?
« on: April 03, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »
I was watching "Wolf of Wall Street" and Belfort made them sound like they were the greatest thing ever.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Has anyone ever done Quaaloods?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:54:11 AM »
If u can get them...very good history lesson on the lood.
L

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:54:55 AM »
From that movie, which is a historical piece, it sounded like they were extremely hard to come by .. ???

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »
greed is good

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 12:12:55 PM »
The point is, ladies and gentleman, that Quaaloods, for lack of a better word, is good.

Quaaloods is right, Quaaloods works.

Quaaloods clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Quaaloods, in all of its forms; Quaaloods for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And Quaaloods, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.

Thank you very much.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 12:19:54 PM »
i used to do ludes in the 70,s
R

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »
I don't understand why nobody can make them anymore. if a lab can make fentalyl, or a dirtbag tweaker with an iq of 40 can synthesize meth from cold medicine in his garage with drain cleaner, why can't anybody make qualudes?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 01:33:09 PM »
hahaha, yes, we'd go camping out at Joshua tree and do them.  oh yeah

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »
Can't say I have.

The closest I've come to any kind of "trip" on a drug was from taking a smidge above what I was prescribed for anxiety and/or sleep (lorazepam/Ativan and Ambien, respectively).  The Ativan gave me trippy dreams, but for some reason or another, Ambien didn't knock me out or, for that matter, keep me asleep.

Instead, I hallucinated something crazy.  While I was aware the hallucinations weren't real -- e.g., the sensation of being able to reach into the computer screen or manipulate it like the touch-screens in Star Trek: TNG/DS9/VGR, or the "creature standing behind me" that I could never quite catch, even though I thought if I pivoted fast enough I see it :D -- they were real enough that I could entertain myself with the illusions. 

It was kind of fun for a bit, but I also did a bunch of dumb shit while under the influence.  For one, I sent my first ex-girlfriend the most detailed schematics of a Klingon Bird-of-Prey one could find on the 'Net back then.  Uploading them to her must've taken 30 minutes :D  And I had no recollection of that.  Fortunately, I unsent the mail before it was delivered ... but even then, meh, who cares.  We remained on good terms for years so she probably would've thought it was funny.

threetrees

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »
I don't understand why nobody can make them anymore. if a lab can make fentalyl, or a dirtbag tweaker with an iq of 40 can synthesize meth from cold medicine in his garage with drain cleaner, why can't anybody make qualudes?

They are from what I've gathered still made and enjoyed in Africa. I've no clue how they affect one's mind and any further knowledge about them is quite sparse since they are not produced anylonger. But it seems the movie 'slightly' exaggerated the effect.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 01:46:30 PM »

Tell us more Sensai

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 02:13:11 PM »
We used to do them all the time in high school in the early 70's. They were made by Roher. Quualudes ( that's how they are spelled were insane. They had 714 stamped on one side. They would mellow you out like nothing else. Used to by them 100 at a time.

io856

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »
We used to do them all the time in high school in the early 70's. They were made by Roher. Quualudes ( that's how they are spelled were insane. They had 714 stamped on one side. They would mellow you out like nothing else. Used to by them 100 at a time.
:o

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »
They haven't been produced in the US for about 30 years...I've never taken methaqualone myself, but I'd imagine it would feel somewhat like xanax.

They chill you out, but you don't get the euphoria like you would from an opiate.  Not unpleasant, but there's better stuff out there