Author Topic: Vince B - Blue Stars - Discuss  (Read 120739 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: For Basile and Ron: A diplomatic compromise (blue stars)
« Reply #850 on: October 25, 2017, 02:06:36 PM »
How do you know this? From which sources?

Vince Basile had admitted it.
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #851 on: October 25, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »
Vince Basile explains that it was a shitty contest -

"Melvin and Bob are on a mission to dismiss me any way they can. So they cling to the notion that I won Mr Canada because I was the only competitor. What a load of rubbish. What is true is because it was held in Vancouver for the first time only one competitor from Quebec represented Eastern Canada. No one was from Toronto. So, yes, it was a much depleted lineup but you can win only if you show up. Very few BC guys enterred early Mr Canada contests because of the distance to Quebec where they were usually held because Ben Weider lived there.

Walter Milner and John Mikl who placed 4th and 5th went on to win Mr Canada later on. Philippe Alfani from Montreal came 3rd and Ken Rivard from Vancouver was 2nd. There were 13 judges including Chuck Sipes. I got 8 out of the 13 votes for first so Ken could easily have won that day. I won best poser and best legs and Ken won best arms, back and chest. Walter won best abs and most muscular. We called him cuts in those days. He was from Moosehorn, Manitoba. He died from a fall as a window cleaner. What a great guy he was. There was also a Mr Pacific Northwest Contest that day for people from Alaska, BC, Washington and Oregon. We didn't get many competing so I won that easily. That was a good day for me. You can only imagine the envy that hapless Melvin Goodrum has for anyone who won a national title. Since I bag him regularly on Getbig he is keen to retaliate so questions my victory and suggests I was a heavy drug user. Ha. Even Bob doubts that I took as little as I did. What the hell would that stooge know? Guys like him think they know everything but end up stooges for others who really run bodybuilding. I wouldn't let him sell tickets for a chook raffle in a pub!"

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=313320.25 .

There's also a thread where he admitted being involved with the planning and judging, I'll see if I can find it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #852 on: October 25, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »
Vince Basile explains that it was a shitty contest -

"Melvin and Bob are on a mission to dismiss me any way they can. So they cling to the notion that I won Mr Canada because I was the only competitor. What a load of rubbish. What is true is because it was held in Vancouver for the first time only one competitor from Quebec represented Eastern Canada. No one was from Toronto. So, yes, it was a much depleted lineup but you can win only if you show up. Very few BC guys enterred early Mr Canada contests because of the distance to Quebec where they were usually held because Ben Weider lived there.

Walter Milner and John Mikl who placed 4th and 5th went on to win Mr Canada later on. Philippe Alfani from Montreal came 3rd and Ken Rivard from Vancouver was 2nd. There were 13 judges including Chuck Sipes. I got 8 out of the 13 votes for first so Ken could easily have won that day. I won best poser and best legs and Ken won best arms, back and chest. Walter won best abs and most muscular. We called him cuts in those days. He was from Moosehorn, Manitoba. He died from a fall as a window cleaner. What a great guy he was. There was also a Mr Pacific Northwest Contest that day for people from Alaska, BC, Washington and Oregon. We didn't get many competing so I won that easily. That was a good day for me. You can only imagine the envy that hapless Melvin Goodrum has for anyone who won a national title. Since I bag him regularly on Getbig he is keen to retaliate so questions my victory and suggests I was a heavy drug user. Ha. Even Bob doubts that I took as little as I did. What the hell would that stooge know? Guys like him think they know everything but end up stooges for others who really run bodybuilding. I wouldn't let him sell tickets for a chook raffle in a pub!"

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=313320.25 .

There's also a thread where he admitted being involved with the planning and judging, I'll see if I can find it.

so, a total of 5 competitors and he was involved with the planning and judging.......oh, this is too funny!  ;D ;D
X

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #853 on: October 25, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
The smoking gun -

"I picked 15 judges but 13 were there. Ken Rivard got 5 and I got 8 first place votes. I picked intelligent, independent, experienced and unbiased people. Chuck Sipes picked me which I felt good about. It was a close contest and I was surprised that I won."

Post 21 here -

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=349068.0 .

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #854 on: October 25, 2017, 02:40:40 PM »
The smoking gun -

"I picked 15 judges but 13 were there. Ken Rivard got 5 and I got 8 first place votes. I picked intelligent, independent, experienced and unbiased people. Chuck Sipes picked me which I felt good about. It was a close contest and I was surprised that I won."

Post 21 here -

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=349068.0 .

haha lol. How does Basile know they were unbiased? Is he a mind reader ?  ??? ??? So, he picked specific judges and he winds up winning the show.  ;D ;D ;D
X

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #855 on: October 25, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »
bluestar?

Blue horseshoe love Anacott steel

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #856 on: October 25, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »
Famous Sports Fixing Scandals -

1919 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox_Scandal .

1951 -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCNY_point_shaving_scandal .

1964 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_British_betting_scandal .

1970 Mr. Canada -

1978 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978%E2%80%9379_Boston_College_basketball_point_shaving_scandal .

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #857 on: October 25, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
Ron looks like a schmoe, Bob Chick is a patsy, Weinberger shouldn't be involved in the judging process and the Pro League sucks.

Now where are my Blue Stars?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #858 on: October 25, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »
Ron looks like a schmoe, Bob Chick is a patsy, Weinberger shouldn't be involved in the judging process and the Pro League sucks.

Now where are my Blue Stars?

1) You picked your own judges
2) There were 5 competitors

:D :D :D
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Vince Basile appreciation.
« Reply #859 on: October 25, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »
IFBB must take action, that was cheating  >:( >:( >:(

Just got off the phone with Steve Weinberger, Vince B is looking at a lifetime ban by the IFBB.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Where are my Blue Stars?
« Reply #860 on: October 25, 2017, 04:24:38 PM »
After I won the Mr Canada title I also wrote stories for Ironman and Muscle Builder. In one of those I said my ambition was to beat Frank Zane. In 1978 he was at my penthouse apartment at Manly with Robert Nailon. I was looking forward to meeting Frank as I thought we would have a lot in common. We shook hands and the first thing he said was, "You don't have to go to Disneyland." I asked why not. Frank smirked and said, "because you have been in Fantasyland all your life!" Right then and there I considered him a conceited jerk.

He said this to you in your home? At the least, he was being rude.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #861 on: October 25, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »
He said this to you in your home? At the least, he was being rude.

So what? Every one of us can use a wake up call from time to time, the delusional ones more often.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #862 on: October 25, 2017, 05:53:55 PM »
IFBB must take action, that was cheating  >:( >:( >:(

Hahaha. So basically you are arguing about an outcome of a show then? The IFBB is a corrupt organization involved in fixing modeling as a "contest"...EVERY show is rigged like the WWE.

For chrissakes PHIL FUCKING HEATH is going to surpass everyone for O titles.

Grow up people. Without question, Basile should have his stars. He has a title and pics to prove it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #863 on: October 25, 2017, 06:43:51 PM »
Just got off the phone with Steve Weinberger, Vince B is looking at a lifetime ban by the IFBB.

The IFBB is corrupt. The Pro League with Weinberger is a joke. Controversies every year at big shows.

Everything run by businessmen and not bodybuilders. No wonder there is a mess. They treat the athletes like sheep.

You can't be banned from an organization you don't belong to.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #864 on: October 25, 2017, 06:47:11 PM »
1) You picked your own judges
2) There were 5 competitors

:D :D :D

Who did you beat in a physique contest? You are repeating falsehoods about that contest.

I didn't pick the judges but recommended people to Ray Beck, the promoter, who selected them.

I won fair and square.

Where did you get the 5 competitors nonsense? Bob Chick and others believed for years that there was only me in the contest. Shows how thick muscleheads can be.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Vince Basile's lies exposed
« Reply #865 on: October 25, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »
Hurrican beef never came back  ;D
Maybe.....maybe not
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #866 on: October 25, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »

Sad old man....just give it up.  You don't deserve blue stars

Even after you got your precious blue stars there were many who scoffed at the standard you set.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #867 on: October 25, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »
Give him the blue stars or give me death

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #868 on: October 25, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »
Who did you beat in a physique contest? You are repeating falsehoods about that contest.

I didn't pick the judges but recommended people to Ray Beck, the promoter, who selected them.

I won fair and square.

Where did you get the 5 competitors nonsense? Bob Chick and others believed for years that there was only me in the contest. Shows how thick muscleheads can be.

Jesus Vince, no wonder why Ron won't give you your blue stars.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #869 on: October 25, 2017, 06:53:22 PM »
LOL, you must be the last person on Getbig who doesn't know that.

I just read his hypertrophy stuff.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #870 on: October 25, 2017, 06:54:07 PM »

I won fair and square.

Oh, now you "recommended?" You are lying. This is your exact quote:

"I picked 15 judges but 13 were there. Ken Rivard got 5 and I got 8 first place votes. I picked intelligent, independent, experienced and unbiased people
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #871 on: October 25, 2017, 06:57:14 PM »
The IFBB is corrupt. The Pro League with Weinberger is a joke. Controversies every year at big shows.

Everything run by businessmen and not bodybuilders. No wonder there is a mess. They treat the athletes like sheep.

You can't be banned from an organization you don't belong to.

What is corrupt is you picking your own judges for a contest you competed in.

Your exact quote:

"I picked 15 judges but 13 were there. Ken Rivard got 5 and I got 8 first place votes. I picked intelligent, independent, experienced and unbiased people
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Vince Basile's lies exposed
« Reply #872 on: October 25, 2017, 06:59:19 PM »
Maybe.....maybe not

No way. He said he was waiting to have a serious operation but his blood pressure was too high. We never heard from him again.

If he were here he would be hounding me like Iron Cross.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #873 on: October 25, 2017, 07:00:28 PM »
What is corrupt is you picking your own judges for a contest you competed in.

Your exact quote:

What a pedantic prick you are. Yes, I drew up a list for Ray Beck to consider. He selected the judges.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #874 on: October 25, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
What a pedantic prick you are. Yes, I drew up a list for Ray Beck to consider. He selected the judges.

So, first you picked the judges, now you recommended the judges.

Either way, if he picked the judges you recommended, its a sham.

In competition, people are NOT allowed to pick their own judges.

Absolutely ridiculous.
X