Author Topic: Congress is underpaid,so says stupid Democrat.Shows that the most unethical and  (Read 548 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
and corrupt party in the USA only cares about their own pockets.

But, it fits perfectly with their world view that an able bodied person is entitled to a check for sitting on his  or her rear end doing nothing.

Moran: $174K a year is not enough for members of Congress
WASHINGTON -- Members of Congress make $174,000 a year, but retiring Rep. Jim Moran, D-Va., says that's not enough.

Moran tells CQ Roll Call that members need bigger paychecks because they have to maintain two residences -- one in their home district, and one in Washington.

"I think the American people should know that the members of Congress are underpaid," Moran told Roll Call.

"I understand that it's widely felt that they underperform, but the fact is that this is the board of directors for the largest economic entity in the world."

Moran says some members live out of their offices to save money and others have little apartment units.

"Our pay has been frozen for three years and we're planning on freezing it a fourth year," he told Roll Call.

Congressional salaries have not seen a bump since 2009.

Moran says he'll bring up the issue in an amendment to a bill to garner attention to the issue, but he assumes it will not pass.

CBS Chief Washington Correspondent and host of "Face The Nation" Bob Schieffer says congressional pay needs a "complete overhaul."

"I propose that they be paid by the hour, just like most government workers," he said Friday on WTOP. "But they would only be paid while they're legislating."

Schieffer joked that lawmakers should also get a good healthcare plan - though he noted they already have that.

"They could get it by going to the healthcare.gov website," he said, referring to the website that's been plagued by problems for Americans trying to sign up for healthcare insurance.

"When Congress does so little, as it's done in this Congress ... you're not going to get a lot of sympathy," says David Gregory, moderator of "Meet the Press."

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Fuckers barely work.  Their aids handle most of the day to day business.  This frees them up to do what they do best, raising campaign funds.
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Widely felt that they underperform?

That is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Fuckers barely work.  Their aids handle most of the day to day business.  This frees them up to do what they do best, raising campaign funds.

Exactly.  If anything, they need a pay CUT. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV

Isn't it the fucked up system requiring stupid amounts of cash to become elected (every 2 years) that forces them to be in constant campaign fund-raising mode, though?   

And isn't that system the same one that rewards moneyed interests over that of the common man?

I'm pretty sure most congress-folks would prefer to focus on policy and their constituent's needs over raising money but until some badly-needed campaign finance reform takes place, that's the way the game is played.

Shit's retahded, yo.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
 And all this time I thought being in congress was public service  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Politicians feel they are underpaid because they are afraid they might have to live near the people they purport to represent
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Politicians feel they are underpaid because they are afraid they might have to live near the people they purport to represent

Exactly.