Author Topic: Will we ever see another Dillet?  (Read 11621 times)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: Will we ever see another Dillet?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 01:54:16 PM »
Super freaks; Yates, Coleman, Levrone, Shawn Roden, Flex etc

Yes Shawn Roden was quite the freak in the 90s. So was Dorian Fux

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »
Posing wasn't his forte... That first picture is insane, and that was peak Wheeler...He had bigger calves than Yates, considering his height they were probably some of the biggest ever...
I always thought that for his size, that he was shallow in the chest. It was the veins in his chest that made it look vascular, but in many poses, he was smoked in the chest dept. Imagine him with a Haney or Bertil chest scaled up to his weight and height.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 02:06:03 PM »
Paul is the biggest weak man I've ever seen train.  Lazy as fuck too.  I have no idea how this guy packed on all his size.  Boatloads of gear didn't hurt.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
Went to dillets room after pre judging at the 92 arnold .was with his trainer, all I remember is the guy could barely breath .I remember standing there thinking something was wrong with him.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »
Paul is the biggest weak man I've ever seen train.  Lazy as fuck too.  I have no idea how this guy packed on all his size.  Boatloads of gear didn't hurt.
For every  cookie he ate he accompanied it with a cynomel !! lol

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »
Not in my Lifetime.......

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »
I have him on my death list for 2015

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2014, 03:10:17 AM »
Looked great just standing there but as mentioned couldn't open his lats properly and his bdb had zero detail and was overpowered by his arms, its like he was a completely different person from behind

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:54 AM »
Went to dillets room after pre judging at the 92 arnold .was with his trainer, all I remember is the guy could barely breath .I remember standing there thinking something was wrong with him.
Posing takes a lot out of a man.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2014, 03:56:19 AM »
amazing how dorian was better than all these negros...dorian must have been a badass...

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2014, 05:23:24 AM »

Didn't he have some form of asthma?

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2014, 06:25:17 AM »

I don't know, I was just freaked out.it was a few hours after pre judge and he was just sitting at end of the bed wheezing.there was a hotr blond lying on the bed and I remember thinking"how can he even have sex with her"

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 06:29:26 AM »
Why couldent he ever learn how to pose? Is my unanswered question since 1993....

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 09:03:19 AM »
He wasn't in the 92 Arnold! :)

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2014, 09:09:41 AM »
Went to dillets room after pre judging at the 92 arnold .was with his trainer, all I remember is the guy could barely breath .I remember standing there thinking something was wrong with him why is he even here , hes not even in the show, and why am I in someones hotel room with him breathing heavily?.

fixed

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »
Dillet was something rare in bodybuilding - a genetically big, strong dude who was a real athlete. There are plenty of NFL players who, if they lost their sanity and decided to compete in the IFBB, would be complete monsters with the proper supplementation.

I agree, it feels like most of the "genetic monstrosities" are picked up early for football. Just look at Coleman, he had a long history of football playing before he turned into bodybuilding. I'm almost certain that there are plenty of freaks residing among the ranks of line men.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
I always thought that for his size, that he was shallow in the chest. It was the veins in his chest that made it look vascular, but in many poses, he was smoked in the chest dept. Imagine him with a Haney or Bertil chest scaled up to his weight and height.
Yes, his chest was an enigma, in some poses like "side chest" looked great, full and thick, in some others looked flat and shallow, strange... Still a good chest i would say, wide as fuck...
Yes he had, serious chronic asthma that sucked his breath very fast during posing...
Why couldent he ever learn how to pose? Is my unanswered question since 1993....
One of bodybulding's greatest mistery... He sure tried to improve, in some shows his posing was decent, but still one of his few weakness, and his shoulders problems didn't help either in back poses...
I have him on my death list for 2015
Paul is fine, stopped everything in 2006, and he was not the abuser some might think...

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
Paul would be sucking air at the beginning of prejudging. Don't know how he ever made it through a workout.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »
Paul would be sucking air at the beginning of prejudging. Don't know how he ever made it through a workout.
Exactly, and still became an alien and made a very good career in bb...

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:49 AM »

Isn't it shit such a big event doesn't have any medical assitance on standby? some random folks/judges wearign suits are dragging a 6ft something muscle giant off the stage.

Seeing as everyone knows the tough diet and dehydration these guys through, a couple of trained para-medics and a stretcher, every sport hasd them on stand by. No other sport has such pharamaceutical and dietary extremes as bodybuilding.
S

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 04:39:32 AM »
He wasn't in the 92 Arnold! :)

Sorry been a long time .trying to remember what I was doing at the time knew it was early 90'shad to be 91 don't think it was 93 I was living in Melbourne fl.went with Joe McNeil I had a world gym at the time and went there for the world gym convention.joe was going there for Paul so we. Hung out.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 04:41:06 AM »
Isn't it shit such a big event doesn't have any medical assitance on standby? some random folks/judges wearign suits are dragging a 6ft something muscle giant off the stage.

Seeing as everyone knows the tough diet and dehydration these guys through, a couple of trained para-medics and a stretcher, every sport hasd them on stand by. No other sport has such pharamaceutical and dietary extremes as bodybuilding.
the olympic games of weightlifting are often similar

guy could have severe spinal injury and all he gets is a few officials to the rescue

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 04:45:06 AM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 07:03:25 AM »

Sorry been a long time .trying to remember what I was doing at the time knew it was early 90'shad to be 91 don't think it was 93 I was living in Melbourne fl.went with Joe McNeil I had a world gym at the time and went there for the world gym convention.joe was going there for Paul so we. Hung out.
Dillet's first pro shows were in 93. The Ironman and Arnold! He won the North American in 91! He was still in Florida in 90 he trained at my gym!

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 07:16:07 AM »
the olympic games of weightlifting are often similar

guy could have severe spinal injury and all he gets is a few officials to the rescue

Holy shit! I just talked to that guy Matthias  a week ago in my gym in Vienna. I had no idea who he was. never seen this before. He said he was scared shitless after this accident. Even thou nothing happened.