Author Topic: Who kills themselves at 96?  (Read 2971 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Who kills themselves at 96?
« on: April 05, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596300/Florida-man-mistakes-corpse-96-year-old-suicide-victim-April-Fools-prank-hurls-womans-body-Dumpster.html

All jokes aside, how does a 96 year old kill themselves? I mean, you've made it that far, what are you depressed about? I understand maybe you think you've lived long enough, but why not just wait it out a bit longer, you're bound to die soon? ???

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Who kills themselves at 96?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
i dunno. i've always thought that there comes a time (sometime in your 80s), where death can't come quick enough. offing your 90s must bring a blessed relief

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:38:52 PM »
I'd imagine the aches and pains must be unbelievable at 96

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »

Zsa Zsa Gabor is around 100 years old and she's had her legs amputated and is in a semi vegetable state, but still hangs on.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »

bingo.

people have no idea what it is like to live in chronic pain.   when there is no end in sight, it is tough to keep going.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 09:39:18 PM »
Zsa Zsa Gabor is around 100 years old and she's had her legs amputated and is in a semi vegetable state, but still hangs on.

Jesus, why?

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »
My grandmother died at 96 but would have suicided a few years earlier if she'd been able. She'd say she'd just had enough, her body wasn't hers anymore and living in a nursing home was undignified.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 10:08:30 PM »
bingo.

people have no idea what it is like to live in chronic pain.   when there is no end in sight, it is tough to keep going.

That's when the Smith and Wesson retirement plan comes into play for some.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »
Had they used AAS like us in their young age....they wouldn't have to go this (dead by 40)

By I agree with some posters, life is abt living not being a live, stuck in a confined space in pain and crippled is not a life. The day I can't take my old dog out for a walk and enjoy the sea breeze and the sunset I want to be done.

Spending your last few years in a really shitty state will put a damper on your good life memories, all the sluts you banged and shit you got up to and good food you had and crazy moments, successes ands failures...etc
S

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596300/Florida-man-mistakes-corpse-96-year-old-suicide-victim-April-Fools-prank-hurls-womans-body-Dumpster.html

All jokes aside, how does a 96 year old kill themselves? I mean, you've made it that far, what are you depressed about? I understand maybe you think you've lived long enough, but why not just wait it out a bit longer, you're bound to die soon? ???

because dying slowly in agony getting crippled and losing ones mind all at the same time gets to be real drag pretty fast?

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 11:48:04 PM »

At that age most of your friends have died, most of your family, maybe even some of your children. Your body fails, maybe your mind too. You don't feel productive or even appreciated anymore. You can't keep up with the rapid changes in the world, and yet you've seen it all.

So why wait? And for what? More pain, agony en depression? And how soon would be soon? Perhaps she could live to be 120. In that case she would have to live 25 more years feeling like a useless bag of shit!

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 12:02:16 AM »
Choosing the moment of your death is your last privilege.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 03:01:25 AM »
Wow What a Sad state to be in considering What she used to look like. Very sad.

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 03:23:53 AM »

Bring me a drink of water Cordell.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 03:27:18 AM »
At that age most of your friends have died, most of your family, maybe even some of your children. Your body fails, maybe your mind too. You don't feel productive or even appreciated anymore. You can't keep up with the rapid changes in the world, and yet you've seen it all.

So why wait? And for what? More pain, agony en depression? And how soon would be soon? Perhaps she could live to be 120. In that case she would have to live 25 more years feeling like a useless bag of shit!
Please, one hasn't "seen it all"...and you mention not being able to keep up with the rapid changes in the world...which is contradictory to "seeing it all".
At 96, one might get a new lease on life and want to live to 100 or more. For many, it's a mental thing.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 03:40:06 AM »
Life is all about quality - forget the rest.
If there ain't pleasure in it for you, just leave.
Last week an older dude(80+) who had Parkinsons off'd himself because he couldn't drive his bike anymore - dude loved to ride it and it was his last resort of joy.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:15 AM »
Jeebus, a lot of morbid responses in this thread. Do I need to call someone? I see some cries for help.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 07:23:20 AM »
PIP grandma

She died for us bitches.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 07:38:55 AM »

Fuck me  ;D I spat rice all over the table now Im cleaning up lol so wrong but soo funny lmao
S

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 09:10:27 AM »

Fucking hilarious!  LOL  :D

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »
Trying to figure out which one looks better

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 10:33:23 AM »
I`m the type of guy who`ll live to be 100 only to get shot on my 100th. birthday by a jealous husband.  :D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »
Hell, if I DO make it past a decent age, and shit's going downhill, at least I have metal music and horror movies to keep me occupied.

If you're that old and in rough shape, just back down tonnes of pain meds and forget what it's doing to your liver.

Ride the lightning!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »
Hell, if I DO make it past a decent age, and shit's going downhill, at least I have metal music and horror movies to keep me occupied.

If you're that old and in rough shape, just back down tonnes of pain meds and forget what it's doing to your liver.

Ride the lightning!

^^THIS^^

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 01:44:47 AM »
Please, one hasn't "seen it all"...and you mention not being able to keep up with the rapid changes in the world...which is contradictory to "seeing it all".
At 96, one might get a new lease on life and want to live to 100 or more. For many, it's a mental thing.

No contradiction. History tends to repeat itself in many ways. When you get older you start to see more similarities in situations now and in the past. The more similarity you notice, the less new a situation seems. Whether it's fashion styles or financial crises.

Technology keeps changing more rapidly; often only the packaging, not the content. My elderly neighbours can write a letter, read a newspaper, order from a paper catalogue or make a phone call. But don't ask them to write an email, read a news web site, order something online or have a skype conversation. They wouldn't know how to start, because they couldn't keep up with the technology. Yet at the same time an email and a letter aren't that different.