Author Topic: shitty youtube videos making it seem like weight training is like going to war  (Read 4054 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Never understood this shit, angry music overlapping some clown making it seem like he is about to die squatting 315 ,or shrugging 400 is akin to taking a bullet in combat.When I train it is an enjoyable experience and then I forget about it, I certainly don't spend the rest of the day telling people how 'I went to war with the iron' or 'nearly died on my last rep'.I wonder what ex servicemen think who lost limbs in war watching this crap.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
I like her titays

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Never understood this shit, angry music overlapping some clown making it seem like he is about to die squatting 315 ,or shrugging 400 is akin to taking a bullet in combat.When I train it is an enjoyable experience and then I forget about it, I certainly don't spend the rest of the day telling people how 'I went to war with the iron' or 'nearly died on my last rep'.I wonder what ex servicemen think who lost limbs in war watching this crap.

srsly.

I listen to hardcore music (metal, melodic, melodic death, etc) training because the fast paced stuff keeps me moving fast and pushing hard.... but its literally just moving weights back and forth for and hour and a half. It makes me sweat and its somewhat straining but its not really hardcore or grueling at all compared to the military training or mixed martial arts stuff ive done.

I think BBs want to think theyre tough and hardcore because of their personality disorders and insecurities, but there is NOTHING hardcore about moving weights back and forth, eating strictly, and donning a thong to show other men your body. Period.

richienato

• Getbig I
Why doe's he have chains around his neck doing one arm rows? I was thinking last night after a video with dlb the no titty chick came up on my youtube recommended videos, these fitness people on youtube etc. are trying to sell a lifestyle not just show a workout they have done. I know everyone rips on flag nor fail or whatever it's called but it comes across so forced ass if they are trying to turn themselves into some sort of celebrity and not just people who workout.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Their video was bordering on circus art. Not sure I would like working out around people like that. Looks like attention who're big time, plus the over painted graffiti art on the walls. Not my style. Also I don't care to much for music when I hit the weights. I rather put on an 80s action movie filled with senseless violence cussing and explosions. ;D
h

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Fella

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Does he not know he is a skinny twink  ???

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
These exercises must be the key to looking no different from anyone who does a normal workout.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Take whatever intensity will send you to the graveyard and back it up a rep of 2.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
All this boasting and bravado is dumb. These idiots they are warriors going into battle.

A good quote:

“Warriors should suffer their pain silently.”
X

JasonH

• Getbig V
I blame all this crossfit nonsense - it's a created a new culture of gym-goers doing weird exercises, chins with their girls clinging onto them and guys with chains  ::)

You didn't hear Arnold, Haney, Dorian, etc bragging about "going to war" and relying on angry music to get them through a workout - they just went in and did their shit.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
srsly.

I listen to hardcore music (metal, melodic, melodic death, etc) training because the fast paced stuff keeps me moving fast and pushing hard.... but its literally just moving weights back and forth for and hour and a half. It makes me sweat and its somewhat straining but its not really hardcore or grueling at all compared to the military training or mixed martial arts stuff ive done.

I think BBs want to think theyre tough and hardcore because of their personality disorders and insecurities, but there is NOTHING hardcore about moving weights back and forth, eating strictly, and donning a thong to show other men your body. Period.
When you have many Americans who are either overweight or just skinny fat twinks---lifting weights, or even dieting is akin to going into a death camp, it says something about the average person's resolve. And when you have ex-military who just let themselves go, or lack the drive to maintain a decent physique, it says something as well.

Then, you have the Ronnie Coleman factor. He was "hardcore" because he enjoyed lifting, he enjoyed bodybuilding. That was his passion. He wasn't lifting heavy ass weights to impress people, and that is why he was "hardcore" about it. His passion came out.

Most of these "hardcore" people are just what you said. Plus, people today want the imagery of "hardcore-ness" because I believe that they have never truly defined themselves beyond that imagine that they try to project.

falco

• Getbig V

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
Or when grown men put on a bikini and baby oil then say there going to war

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
very impressive core strength, looks like reggie miller.
sept 10th APF

the trainer

I must admit I workout myself up into an aggressive mood and grunt and scream lightweight before a heavy set of squats.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
YouTube Gurus Of Peace
::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
#Invalid YouTube Link# Of Peace
;D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
ive never understood this.. i love lifting weights, i enjoy going to the gym... such serious buisness in these fellows

must make them sick to the gills to see others having a laugh, being sociable, yet still making more progress than the go to war bodybuilder warroir monk types..

id bet my last pound that these fellows would never miss an anabolic window, i would wager some even wake up through the night for a protein shake to ward off the muscle killing catabolism

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
the sad part about this video is you can look like them and be as strong as them without acting all "hardcore."
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
ive never understood this.. i love lifting weights, i enjoy going to the gym... such serious buisness in these fellows

must make them sick to the gills to see others having a laugh, being sociable, yet still making more progress than the go to war bodybuilder warroir monk types..

id bet my last pound that these fellows would never miss an anabolic window, i would wager some even wake up through the night for a protein shake to ward off the muscle killing catabolism
Look at the Flex Wheeler Hardbody vid...particularly the delts part, he and Rico were having fun like nobody's business.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Does he not know he is a skinny twink  ???

Lol

No obv he is confused in his life

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Yep, I find these videos retarded too. They turn training into some epic gladiatorial battle between the lifter and the weights. ::)

Also retarded is those stupid "inspirational" gym memes that some people post on Facebook.
Got this friend on Facebook who also constantly updates his status with how "hard-core" his gym session was and even posts pics of protein shakes or tupperware's containing chicken/brown rice that he consumes.
Guy looks like he doesn't even lift of course. :D