Author Topic: Becoming a father was the best decision I have made in my life  (Read 2365 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Its been 5 months with my baby girl and I can honestly say I've never been so happy in my life.  This is coming from a guy who was very much on the fence about having kids at one point.  

While I can completely understand, and totally get it, when people say "they don't want kids".... because it is life changing, and it is hard hard hard hard ass work.... I can honestly say I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Yes you do feel like you've given up a lot to have kids, you lose freedom, you lose time, you lose sleep, you lose money, etc.... but the unconditional love you feel from your child and for your child is really something out of this world.  I mentioned to you in another post that I went through a lot of changes all at once, in the span of 1 month, I had a baby, defended and finished my phd, quit my family business, and got a new job that required me to move from Florida all the way to California!  (Actually my baby came on the same day I had the interview for this job - this is a crazy story on its own)...  so it was very very very intense for a while there.  Timing for a lot of these events was not really ideal.

But today I went out to lunch with my wife and my baby, and at one point my baby was in her stroller and she caught a glimpse of me (scarfing down a burger like a fat ass) and gave me this huge smile when she noticed me looking back at her, it just made me feel like nothing else in the world mattered.  

If any of you are thinking of being parents, feel free to shoot me any questions or concerns that you may have, I'll give it to you straight and won't sugarcoat anything.....
And if you choose that this is not for you... I don't judge you, and I totally understand.  Just like marriage, Kids are not for everybody, if you're happy in your life as is, then more power to you.

Yes I was happy before I had a baby... I was VERY happy actually... but now I'm feeling a different type of happiness.

- Living the dream!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Becoming a father was the best decision I have made in my life
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:47:05 AM »
I'm happy for all your success Big Ach.  8)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 02:52:21 AM »
Let's hope she doesn't fro up to look like this.  :o

V

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 02:53:03 AM »
I'm happy for all your success Big Ach.  8)

Thanks Wiggums....

Side note....  I may be coming to Vegas for work next month.  If I get a chance to step away from the schedule, you wanna grab some food?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:56:42 AM »
Glad to hear this.
On a side note, your child will laugh at your lack of trap/neck mass and laziness in working those areas.
Taunting Toddler of Peace.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 02:58:13 AM »
Glad to hear this.
On a side note, your child will laugh at your lack of trap/neck mass and laziness in working those areas.
Taunting Toddler of Peace.

Yes this is becoming an important area of focus for me now in the gym!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 03:06:03 AM »
You have always been a good man ACH. Your child will grow up in a great home.

Congrats.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 03:07:01 AM »
You have always been a good man ACH. Your child will grow up in a great home.

Congrats.

Thanks Shizzo. Appreciate it

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 03:08:29 AM »
Redskins still suck though  ;)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 03:17:53 AM »
Glad to hear - children bring happiness.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:29 AM »
Redskins still suck though  ;)

Go fuck yourself ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 03:22:08 AM »
Go fuck yourself ;D

As a Redskins fan of Egyptian decent, how do you feel about the whole "redskin" controversy?

Do you feel it to be racist against American Indians?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 03:35:22 AM »
Congrats on the small ach, BIG ACH.   :)

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 03:40:10 AM »
making it happen
T

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 03:40:51 AM »
As a Redskins fan of Egyptian decent, how dp you feel about the whole "redskin" controversy?

Do you feel it to be racist against American Indians?

No, I do not believe it to be racist and I do not believe the name should be changed.  This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.  But I also wouldn't go crying about it if they changed a name.... its just a freaking name.  Nor would I be upset if a new team was put together called "The Camel Jockeys" - people are too sensitive!

While it may not be the most politically correct name, I believe racism has more to do with delivery, intent, and connotation... than it does with just a "title".  
The name is more related to American history, tradition, and heritage.  Don't forget that some of the original coaches and players of the Redskins were native Americans and they had no problem with the name.  Plus I think they took a poll and found that 90% of Native Americans were not bothered by the name.

On another note, during the civil war, wasn't "Damn Yankees" considered a derogatory term that the south used to describe the northerners?  But you don't see anyone complaining about the New York Yankees?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 03:41:19 AM »
Congrats.
I plan to have a family of my own one day and look forward to becoming a husband/dad.
With quite a few here who appear to scorn at this notion, I'm glad to hear stories like this.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 03:45:59 AM »
No, I do not believe it to be racist and I do not believe the name should be changed.  This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.  But I also wouldn't go crying about it if they changed a name.... its just a freaking name.  Nor would I be upset if a new team was put together called "The Camel Jockeys" - people are too sensitive!

While it may not be the most politically correct name, I believe racism has more to do with delivery, intent, and connotation... than it does with just a "title".  
The name is more related to American history, tradition, and heritage.  Don't forget that some of the original coaches and players of the Redskins were native Americans and they had no problem with the name.  Plus I think they took a poll and found that 90% of Native Americans were not bothered by the name.

On another note, during the civil war, wasn't "Damn Yankees" considered a derogatory term that the south used to describe the northerners?  But you don't see anyone complaining about the New York Yankees?

Wow!!! Great points. Especially the Yankees one. I do believe that Yankees was meant to be derogatory term. Even the mates across the pond use Yanks to this day, referring to Americans.

Great point ACH!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 03:47:34 AM »
Congrats.
I plan to have a family of my own one day and look forward to becoming a husband/dad.
With quite a few here who appear to scorn at this notion, I'm glad to here stories like this.

Good luck to you Superted.  Its important to just do what makes you happy.  Not to let societal norms push you one way or another. If the other posters are happy being single or in relationships with no kids then all the best to them.  But I have been married for 8 years and there is nothing that would make me ever want to change that, I absolutely love being married to my wife and I now love having a new addition to the family.  One just has to choose what they want in life and no matter what that choice is they just have to live life the way they want to.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 04:16:20 AM »
Fatherhood is amazing but I can see how many aren't cut out for it.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 04:41:22 AM »
You'll be needing this in a few a years...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »
Agree, no way to explain the pleasure it brings till you experience it! Just wait till she gets to her pre-teens and teens!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
Glad you`re happy Ach........all the best bud!  ;)

the trainer

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »
Its been 5 months with my baby girl and I can honestly say I've never been so happy in my life.  This is coming from a guy who was very much on the fence about having kids at one point.  

While I can completely understand, and totally get it, when people say "they don't want kids".... because it is life changing, and it is hard hard hard hard ass work.... I can honestly say I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Yes you do feel like you've given up a lot to have kids, you lose freedom, you lose time, you lose sleep, you lose money, etc.... but the unconditional love you feel from your child and for your child is really something out of this world.  I mentioned to you in another post that I went through a lot of changes all at once, in the span of 1 month, I had a baby, defended and finished my phd, quit my family business, and got a new job that required me to move from Florida all the way to California!  (Actually my baby came on the same day I had the interview for this job - this is a crazy story on its own)...  so it was very very very intense for a while there.  Timing for a lot of these events was not really ideal.

But today I went out to lunch with my wife and my baby, and at one point my baby was in her stroller and she caught a glimpse of me (scarfing down a burger like a fat ass) and gave me this huge smile when she noticed me looking back at her, it just made me feel like nothing else in the world mattered.  

If any of you are thinking of being parents, feel free to shoot me any questions or concerns that you may have, I'll give it to you straight and won't sugarcoat anything.....
And if you choose that this is not for you... I don't judge you, and I totally understand.  Just like marriage, Kids are not for everybody, if you're happy in your life as is, then more power to you.

Yes I was happy before I had a baby... I was VERY happy actually... but now I'm feeling a different type of happiness.

- Living the dream!

Wait until she becomes a teenager we will see if you are singing the same tune.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »
Best be fitting that nose brace on her early!

...just kidding, glad you are happy  :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »
Same here, but more of an accident than a decision. Lol.