Author Topic: I have taken my last drink for the next 4 days. This is my road to semi sobriety  (Read 28035 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: I have taken my last drink. This is my road to sobriety.
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »
Drunken sobriety pledges should be promptly deleted.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »
No. I don't need to be surrounded by junkies and bums.

I will do this on my own. Like Drago says in Rocky 4, "If he dies, he dies".

Getbig is my AA. Seriously.

You are truly a douchebag.. The people at AA are all better than you ya fat azz... You aren't an alcoholic - your WEAK!!! You are an example of the PUSSIFICATION of America

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2014, 07:51:50 PM »
I am tired of being held hostage by alcohol. I just took my last drink. I needed to make a thread to hold myself accountable. Also because Getbig knows more about my alcoholism, than my family does.

Starting from 7:00 A.m. eastern time, I will log my trials with staying clean.

I am scared. I have heard of the horror stories of withdrawls.

If I stop posting in this thread, I am either in the hospital, or I am dead.

I will give you guys updates to how I am feeling. I will win, unless my body betrays me.

Every heavy drinker experiences withdrawals. Many just don't know or understand what they are. Anytime you hear someone say they had a 2 day hangover, what's really going on is withdrawals. When you hear people say they need to stop drinking because the hangovers are getting worse. What's happening is a person is going into withdrawals as soon as the alcohol leaves the system...Most people would just rather say they have a bad hangover then to come to grips with the fact that they are having withdrawals...Good luck!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »
Where is the Shizz?

Got everyone's hearts attached to this thread and then disappeared... unless he truly enrolled in a rehab facility, that would explain it cuz they take away your phone, computer, etc...

at least in the beginning ~

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
Good luck to ha. This is a tough one. You need to discover why you drink and find another way to deal with it. I too have struggled with this one.

I dont think there is a 'why' for most people. They are just physically dependent on a very addictive drug.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
Many people talk about withdrawals being the worst etc. However for many people its the PAWS(post acute withdrawal syndrome) that is devastating to the mind and body...PAWS can last 6 months or even years and come on at anytime. Many think they are mentally ill or losing their mind years after stopping a substance only to be dealing with PAWS and not know it...

http://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »
i wish him well if he really means it

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2014, 08:02:17 PM »
Every heavy drinker experiences withdrawals. Many just don't know or understand what they are. Anytime you hear someone say they had a 2 day hangover, what's really going on is withdrawals. When you hear people say they need to stop drinking because the hangovers are getting worse. What's happening is a person is going into withdrawals as soon as the alcohol leaves the system...Most people would just rather say they have a bad hangover then to come to grips with the fact that they are having withdrawals...Good luck!
true to a point. Real withdrawals dont really start unless you've been drinking substantially for a long time period without breaks, and dont usually start for a while after stopping. Different substances have different half lives, sp where the withdrawals start are different from substance to substance.

Real severe alcohol withdrawals usually only happen to those people who drink day in and day out for weeks without stopping.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »
I am tired of being held hostage by alcohol. I just took my last drink. I needed to make a thread to hold myself accountable. Also because Getbig knows more about my alcoholism, than my family does.

Starting from 7:00 A.m. eastern time, I will log my trials with staying clean.

I am scared. I have heard of the horror stories of withdrawls.

If I stop posting in this thread, I am either in the hospital, or I am dead.

I will give you guys updates to how I am feeling. I will win, unless my body betrays me.
why are you such an attention seeking whore???????????? nobody gives a fuck, drinkl don't drink... I wont even think about you so stop
a

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2014, 08:16:18 PM »
Another horseshit thread.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2014, 08:21:08 PM »

Shizzo doesn't even drink much. That's just his getbig persona. It's just trolling and attention seeking - like the "car crash death", "I'm leaving", "I'll leave if enough people want me to", "my depression". Next week it will be something new, like "I'm getting in shape".. It will be Shizzo posting about himself and getting people to talk about him. Oh shit, I just did that. You don't look for legitimate, serious support from people that are largely hostile toward you.

If poor old Anabolichalo made this thread, it would have been moved or deleted.
O

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2014, 08:25:52 PM »
Persona. That's rich.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2014, 08:27:35 PM »
Persona. That's rich.

What is uncle Joon?
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »
Shiz, your intentions are good and you have my support, but don't praise yourself too soon.
I would rather like to read: "my last drink was one year ago".

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »

Shizzo doesn't even drink much. That's just his getbig persona. It's just trolling and attention seeking - like the "car crash death", "I'm leaving", "I'll leave if enough people want me to", "my depression". Next week it will be something new, like "I'm getting in shape".. It will be Shizzo posting about himself and getting people to talk about him. Oh shit, I just did that. You don't look for legitimate, serious support from people that are largely hostile toward you.

And most likely bodybuilding related (or black women related)

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »

This. He is despised on here and the shittiest poster of all time. He makes people leave. As if these people would care what this useless, sack of shit does with his pathetic waste of a life. He just wants attention. Even negative as in the real world nobody wants to know this guy. I remember when Getbig was a place where a bunch of pretty cool guys would hang out and have a joke. Now it's like some playground for socially isolated fucked-up failure losers like shitsoul.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »
true to a point. Real withdrawals dont really start unless you've been drinking substantially for a long time period without breaks, and dont usually start for a while after stopping. Different substances have different half lives, sp where the withdrawals start are different from substance to substance.

Real severe alcohol withdrawals usually only happen to those people who drink day in and day out for weeks without stopping.

A hangover IS partly due to acute alcohol withdrawal.  That's why "hair of the dog" works, because it quells the physical withdrawal aspect of the hangover

The rest of your post is very accurate though

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
Shiz, your intentions are good and you have my support, but don't praise yourself too soon.
I would rather like to read: "my last drink was one year ago".
not to be negative... but every time I said "this is my last one, im quitting." I failed.i stopped telling my family 5hat I was through for good, because I got tired of not being able to keep my word. Finally, one day, I told my father "I cant say for sure that im done, because I just dont know... I could relapse tomorrow, so I refuse to make anymore promises I cant keep." Shortly thereafter, I stopped. It was partially because I tired of saying it over and over, as we all know words have no meaning. I just did it.

Something about telling others made me think I was serious.... but it was just another mind trick to make everything ok for a couple more days.

When it came time,  I just quit, and didn't tell anyone I was done since. My wife has told people, my family "I think shockwaves done. Hes different. I can't explain it, but this is different."

I refuse to say im done, because that would mean Iv3 succeeded... which would allow me to let my guard down. I will not do that again.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2014, 09:28:35 PM »
not to be negative... but every time I said "this is my last one, im quitting." I failed.i stopped telling my family 5hat I was through for good, because I got tired of not being able to keep my word. Finally, one day, I told my father "I cant say for sure that im done, because I just dont know... I could relapse tomorrow, so I refuse to make anymore promises I cant keep." Shortly thereafter, I stopped. It was partially because I tired of saying it over and over, as we all know words have no meaning. I just did it.

Something about telling others made me think I was serious.... but it was just another mind trick to make everything ok for a couple more days.

When it came time,  I just quit, and didn't tell anyone I was done since. My wife has told people, my family "I think shockwaves done. Hes different. I can't explain it, but this is different."

I refuse to say im done, because that would mean Iv3 succeeded... which would allow me to let my guard down. I will not do that again.
Something tells me that she didn't say "Shockwave" ;D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2014, 09:29:24 PM »

The difference is though that you only said it to your family. Shizzo is promising strangers on the internet he will quit drinking. No fucking way he let them down. For a start, they care too much about him to let it happen.
O

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
I'm a little late on the topic....he's drunk right?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »
A hangover IS partly due to acute alcohol withdrawal.  That's why "hair of the dog" works, because it quells the physical withdrawal aspect of the hangover

The rest of your post is very accurate though
right,  I wasnt disputing that. I was talking about the difference between 'I did something a little more than I should have and my body is recovering' hangover type withdrawals, vs no shit 'im an addict my body doesnt know how to handle not having a high content of alcohol running through my veins and I could have seizures from the CNS rebound' type withdrawal.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »

It's good and important for you and your beloved ones to be completely honest/humble/pragmatic about your addiction. I believe this wisdom (and confidence!) comes with age and experience.
Shiz might act like an impulsive troll, but I notice a slow change in his behaviour during the last couple of months. I hope this is a positive sign...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »
Tell me how you really feel boys  :D

I will keep you guys updated.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »
Tell me how you really feel boys  :D

I will keep you guys updated.

It's about the process, not the reporting...