Author Topic: I have taken my last drink for the next 4 days. This is my road to semi sobriety  (Read 28045 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
You are not that bad that you need to be weaned off booze.

I knew a guy that was bedridden - he'd call the security guards in the condo to get a bottle of Vodka each AM and it was gone by lunchtime. He was bedridden through alcohol, yet could not stop. He was waaaaaaaaay further gone that you and most likely cutting cold turkey would have killed him. In the end, he died of liver failure.

You have nothing to find out. You do not understand the subtle nature of addiction. Addiction is not withdrawal - that is one of the side effects. Addiction is that little monkey on your back telling you that you really can be a social drinker and so it's OK to get a bottle of Vodka on the way home.

How many of your friends, family and colleagues do you think got a bottle of Vodka on the way home? How many of them spent time even thinking about their drinking and justifying it to themselves?  How many people that you know drove home with a bottle of Vodka on the seat rationalizing that they were not an alcoholic but an out of control social drinker?

And how many of them just drove home without the subject of alcohol popping into their heads at all? How many of them drove home thinking about dinner, bedtime story with the kids, the movie they were going to watch?

Alcohol is a major part of your life and something that is on your mind because of that monkey on your back. Addiction is NOT lying in a gutter for most people. Addiction is like a mild itch. It can be ignored for ages, it could be ignored forever but it's just easier to give it a little scratch.
Great post. 100% true. I will still continue with my experiment.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
This is beyond stupid. You were miserable enough to make a thread about quitting completely, yet here you are a few days later rationalizing social drinking. So why make the fucking thread?

Just keep drinking, bro. But please stop with the endless pledges, because we all know resolve does not suit you.

No hate at all, btw. You're just much more tolerable when you aren't forcing your personal shit down everyone's throat.

Cheers.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
This is beyond stupid. You were miserable enough to make a thread about quitting completely, yet here you are a few days later rationalizing social drinking. So why make the fucking thread?

Just keep drinking, bro. But please stop with the endless pledges, because we all know resolve does not suit you.

No hate at all, btw. You're just much more tolerable when you aren't forcing your personal shit down everyone's throat.

Cheers.
How am I forcing anything? You have the power to choose to respond. I already said that I made the initial mistake of pledging lifetime sobriety.

If my plan works, then it will be an absolute win for me.  You cannot deny that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
If my plan works, then it will be an absolute win for me.  You cannot deny that.

"Your plan"

Lulz.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
How am I forcing anything? You have the power to choose to respond. I already said that I made the initial mistake of pledging lifetime sobriety.

If my plan works, then it will be an absolute win for me.  You cannot deny that.

All your plans change from day to day, you know this. Maybe keep 'em to yourself? All I'm saying.

Perhaps you can just comment in threads without the personal silliness. You were quite pleasant there for a while.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
All your plans change from day to day, you know this. Maybe keep 'em to yourself? All I'm saying.

Perhaps you can just comment in threads without the personal silliness. You were quite pleasant there for a while.
This is my thread Mr. Ugly. I made it to help myself. Feel free to help if you like.

Nobody is forcing you to post in this thread.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
This is my thread Mr. Ugly. I made it to help myself. Feel free to help if you like.

Nobody is forcing you to post in this thread.

I am helping. Keep drinking and shut up about it. Same as you, I post where I like. Why are you so determined to be disliked is all?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
I am helping. Keep drinking and shut up about it. Same as you, I post where I like. Why are you so determined to be disliked is all?
Then why don't you see my point. I am talking about going from drinking everyday, to maybe once or twice a month.

Where do you not see the progress in that? Why should I shut up about it? It is the diary of my situation.

Determined to be disliked? I am being real with you guys.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Then why don't you see my point. I am talking about going from drinking everyday, to maybe once or twice a month.

Where do you not see the progress in that? Why should I shut up about it? It is the diary of my situation.

Determined to be disliked? I am being real with you guys.

All right then. Good luck.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
I will start my week long sobriety challenge on monday.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Shrewd. Always best to postpone what you can do today.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior

So you 'gave up' on Sunday.

Then you brought a bottle of Vodka on Thursday.

And will drink from Thursday->Sunday.

And a week off starting on Monday?

What volume of alcohol have you consumed so far since Thursday?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

You've started this thread on "April 06, 2014, 04:15:48 AM"
Contradiction of peace...

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
There i nothing to gain in trying to support him in this thread, he only reads what he wants to read and dont give a shit about what people that have fought and won against addictions say cause thats not what he wanta to hear and he thinks he knows better then them anyway.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
If people are gonna be so gullible, you can't blame Shizzo trolling.

Shizzo ftw.
O

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Shizzo can't troll this subject because it is real to many regardless of whether he is being sincere or not. I think he is personally and there are many with his exact mind set. I don't want him to fail his social drinking experiment but that path his been walked many many times unsuccessfully. Controling your drinking is the ultimate cliché cop out excuse. I wish other people's mistakes were easier to learn from.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Shizzo can't troll this subject because it is real to many regardless of whether he is being sincere or not. I think he is personally and there are many with his exact mind set. I don't want him to fail his social drinking experiment but that path his been walked many many times unsuccessfully. Controling your drinking is the ultimate cliché cop out excuse. I wish other people's mistakes were easier to learn from.

Can't troll it  ::) you don't even know if he drinks at all. He died in a car crash as well. Anyway, have fun counselling him the next time moves the goalposts.
O

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
So you 'gave up' on Sunday.

Then you brought a bottle of Vodka on Thursday.

And will drink from Thursday->Sunday.

And a week off starting on Monday?

What volume of alcohol have you consumed so far since Thursday?
1.35 liters.

I picked monday because it is a good starting point. The aim is to control my drinking.

If I can raise it to a week, then I will have made progress.

Then I will decide what to do from there.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
1.35 liters.

I picked monday because it is a good starting point. The aim is to control my drinking.

If I can raise it to a week, then I will have made progress.

Then I will decide what to do from there.

1.35 liters consumed from Thursday to Saturday AM.

If that's 40 proof, then that's one unit of alcohol per 25ml or roughly 54 units of alcohol.

Recommended is 3-4 units per day 21-28 units per week.

And you still have the rest of Saturday & Sunday to go.

Will you post new totals at the cutoff point?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
1.35 liters consumed from Thursday to Saturday AM.

If that's 40 proof, then that's one unit of alcohol per 25ml or roughly 54 units of alcohol.

Recommended is 3-4 units per day 21-28 units per week.

And you still have the rest of Saturday & Sunday to go.

Will you post new totals at the cutoff point?

Its more like 35 proof. Yes I will update you guys sunday night.

I really think this can work.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
35 proof.......you`re not even a good drunk,get some 80-100 proof stuff since you aren`t quitting anyway........LIGHTWEIGH T.
::)

Get serious about something for once in your life.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
stick to one beer every 3 days bro

you will be fine on this protocol

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
35 proof.......you`re not even a good drunk,get some 80-100 proof stuff since you aren`t quitting anyway........LIGHTWEIGH T.
::)

Get serious about something for once in your life.
Sorry bro, I am not into blacking out and shitting my pants. I still drink too much all the same.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Its more like 35 proof. Yes I will update you guys sunday night.

I really think this can work.

I'm glad its working out, buddy.  Did you find Jesus yet?
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
I'm glad its working out, buddy.  Did you find Jesus yet?
Yeah, that bastard missed part of my lawn. Told him he wasn't going to get paid.