Author Topic: I have taken my last drink for the next 4 days. This is my road to semi sobriety  (Read 28071 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Just keep trying Shizz.

I used to think everyone of the planet drank like I did............this was because I hung around bars and with other drunks.

Only when  I stepped out of that lifestyle,did I then realize that there is much more to life than getting fucked up every day.

You tried tapering off last week..........didn`t work...........just get your balls out of the sand and be adamant about quitting.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
You never seemed the type of guy to shy away from some brewskis.

I'm trying to taper off on to your level. Would you still consider me an alcoholic then?

Honestly I think it's not good if you have to think and rationalize your drinking. Do I think you have a problem yes, but I also think it's something you can overcome if you have the willpower...you can already go a few days or a week without a drink so that's a good thing....if you were full blown you wouldn't be able to go a day without a drink.

...frankly I'm not a normal "drinker"...I've been on vaca and drank hard for 2,3,4 days in a row and I mean crazy amounts, mixed drinks while also doing shots....I'm not lying when I say over 10 drinks and the same amount of shots or drink 12 beers and also pound out tequila shots the whole time.....BUT I can also go weeks, or months without having a drink or craving, or wanting one....I haven't been drunk this year. I've had a drink or 2 with my girl at dinner every couple of weeks but that's it....softball starts next week and that will be the first time I over indulge in many months.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

Honestly I think it's not good if you have to think and rationalize your drinking. Do I think you have a problem yes, but I also think it's something you can overcome if you have the willpower...you can already go a few days or a week without a drink so that's a good thing....if you were full blown you wouldn't be able to go a day without a drink.

...frankly I'm not a normal "drinker"...I've been on vaca and drank hard for 2,3,4 days in a row and I mean crazy amounts, mixed drinks while also doing shots....I'm not lying when I say over 10 drinks and the same amount of shots or drink 12 beers and also pound out tequila shots the whole time.....BUT I can also go weeks, or months without having a drink or craving, or wanting one....I haven't been drunk this year. I've had a drink or 2 with my girl at dinner every couple of weeks but that's it....softball starts next week and that will be the first time I over indulge in many months.
That's exactly where I want to be. The option to have fun means everything.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
So we're back to this again?
What do you mean by this? It was an honest question.

I am not "back" to anything.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
What do you mean by this? It was an honest question.

I am not "back" to anything.

The plan is simple now my friend. Guys like Wes, Pedro, Shockwave etc... were right.The only solution is to quit alcohol completely. I only lasted 4 days the first time.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V

I am just making an excuse because I bought more alcohol.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
That's exactly where I want to be. The option to have fun means everything.

Yes but you need to answer the first part of my post to yourself honestly.

...do you have to or crave to the point where you end up drinking...if the answer is yes then you have a problem.......I don't have that problem.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Yes.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

Keep getting back on that horse.
A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Keep getting back on that horse.

Here's a song for Shiz

The Ugly

• Getbig V
I'm not a fan of AA either, but they address exactly what you're going through right now, because it isn't unique. Good way to dry up for the first few months, anyway. You're obviously struggling too much at this point to make rational life-long decisions.

Revisit your plan after a few months of sobriety.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
I'm not a fan of AA either, but they address exactly what you're going through right now, because it isn't unique. Good way to dry up for the first few months, anyway. You're obviously struggling too much at this point to make rational life-long decisions.

Revisit your plan after a few months of sobriety.
??? I am a fuctional drunk. I carry on normal day to day activities. You make it seem like I am begging for pennies on the highway.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Just keep trying Shizz.

I used to think everyone of the planet drank like I did............this was because I hung around bars and with other drunks.

Only when  I stepped out of that lifestyle,did I then realize that there is much more to life than getting fucked up every day.

You tried tapering off last week..........didn`t work...........just get your balls out of the sand and be adamant about quitting.

You actually believe sincerity here?
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
You actually believe sincerity here?
What do you believe?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
??? I am a fuctional drunk. I carry on normal day to day activities. You make it seem like I am begging for pennies on the highway.

Then no need for a thread. Seems you're doing just fine.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Then no need for a thread. Seems you're doing just fine.
I see what you are doing there.......and I like it!  :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
What do you believe?

That you are trolling.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
That you are trolling.
I wish I was. Contrary to what you believe, I rarely troll. I am actually horrible at trolling.

I thought faking my death was good trolling. We saw how that ended up. I am actually very honest.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
::) ::) ::) ::)

I always tell the truth in the end. Am I lying?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
lying down? 

xL

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
lying down? 

xL
I do not understand you woman. You speak in riddles.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
I always tell the truth in the end. Am I lying?
'I always tell the truth even when I lie'.....can you name the film?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
'I always tell the truth even when I lie'.....can you name the film?
Godfather? Honestly not sure. I could have googled it.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Godfather? Honestly not sure. I could have googled it.

Scarface.