Author Topic: Multiculturalism - Panel Dictating British Identity  (Read 5274 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Multiculturalism - Panel Dictating British Identity
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »
Yes, they didn't do the same thing to neighboring tribes that early Americans did to them.

:-X

Your thread is about demonstrating "a complete disrespect and utter disregard for the native culture", as Archer put it, is it not? 

If it is, well I would say British colonists are as guilty of that as anyone.  Would you disagree?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 09:32:41 PM »
Your thread is about demonstrating "a complete disrespect and utter disregard for the native culture", as Archer put it, is it not?  

If it is, well I would say British colonists are as guilty of that as anyone.  Would you disagree?

We're inviting such behavior when we have the ability to prevent it.

I can't really blame impoverished and uneducated third world citizens for coming to the west. I'm not sure anyone in this thread is actually blaming them for simply being who they are.

Like I said earlier, this is self inflicted

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 09:34:20 PM »
"Culture" has become my least favorite word in the English language; its context always implies non-white. As if culture is somehow dictated by pigmentation.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »
"Professor" of "Poetry"

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
Funny our grandfathers fought and died for us in war, not for them to come to our lands and dictate to us how we should treat them and feed them through taxes, makes me sick glad we emigrated from the shythole,

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 01:29:09 AM »
Kinda like what we did with the natives in America..... Or does that not count because it was too long ago?

I didnt personally do anything to anyone. As far as your question is concerned, if it was so wrong and harmful, the groups most effected(minorities) should know better than anyone  else that what they are doing is wrong. But they have as little regard for other cultures as their supposed oppressors once did.  
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »
I didnt personally do anything to anyone. As far as your question is concerned, if it was so wrong and harmful, the groups most effected(minorities) should know better than anyone  else that what they are doing is wrong. But they have as little regard for other cultures as their supposed oppressors once did.  
The bullied become the bullies. The oppressed become the oppressors.
It's a script that has been played out since antiquity.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 01:40:14 AM »

Brought the wisdom again! You're a smart man, Parker.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 02:39:54 AM »
Brought the wisdom again! You're a smart man, Parker.
thanks, we are all merely actors..

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 02:45:49 AM »
We're inviting such behavior when we have the ability to prevent it.

I can't really blame impoverished and uneducated third world citizens for coming to the west. I'm not sure anyone in this thread is actually blaming them for simply being who they are.

Like I said earlier, this is self inflicted

Unfortunately who they are aren't compatable with Western 'culture'. They can rarely be 'better'. They leave corrupt impoverished holes to migrate to their host country and turn neighbourhoods into ... corrupt and impoverished holes. They can only be what they are born to be. My usual vitriol aside, it's hard to blame those that don't know any better.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 02:48:46 AM »
thanks, we are all merely actors..

Im not being hyperbolic, you are literally right on the money.  The cycle happens over and over again and no one learns a thing or very little. 
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 03:07:10 AM »

Yeah, we will really fucked the native americans. They just wanted to live peacefully and still do.
lol, im assuming this was sarcasm

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 03:18:35 AM »
Lets be specific, minority cultures should never be suppressed for their beliefs unless that is their beliefs come in direct conflict with the societal norms and rule of law of the native culture.   For example, human rights violations such as the subjugation of women that is common practice in certain cultures.
A

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 03:41:02 AM »
Shoot them all and don't stop until there's not one of those dirty little rats left

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 03:42:05 AM »
When an english gentleman goes to arab country he must embrace their ways otherwise he is punished by the locals.
When an arab goes to england, englishmen must bow to the arab's fundamentalist ways otherwise is racism/discrimination.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 03:45:47 AM »
Archer and james28 speaking truths in this thread - run for politics lads

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 03:52:42 AM »
Code: [Select]

We (as in Americans--you are American, no?) wiped out the culture of the natives here using smallpox-infected blankets, superior weaponry, horses, etc.  Essentially genocide.

I dont see how the small-scale immigration going on in England is comparable to that.

Lets be specific, minority cultures should never be suppressed for their beliefs unless that is their beliefs come in direct conflict with the societal norms and rule of law of the native culture.   For example, human rights violations such as the subjugation of women that is common practice in certain cultures.

Good post

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 03:58:45 AM »
It's bizarre that any immigrant would feel they have the right to demand the culture they voluntarily became a part of change to accommodate them. The sense of entitlement is beyond ridiculous.

They're mostly low lives + they get told to be "dominant and demanding". Add to that big families, state sponsorship, feminism, cultural marxism, Icelam and a disembodied white male.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 04:00:21 AM »
It's bizarre that any immigrant would feel they have the right to demand the culture they voluntarily became a part of change to accommodate them. The sense of entitlement is beyond ridiculous.

This is the key point for me. Immigrants arrive into a settled culture, with its own unique traditions and social norms. These immigrants differ in their lifestyle and culture yet expect their new hosts to change and adapt to their way of life. If such states of "multiculturism" are not meet, then accusations of prejudice and rascism are thrown about. And lets be fair - most nations in Europe have adapted and changed to accommodate their new immigrants to some extent.

If the roles are reversed however and somebody from "the west" entered their culture, do you think they would change their ways to accommodate their immigrants?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 04:04:27 AM »
Code: [Select]
We (as in Americans--you are American, no?) wiped out the culture of the natives here using smallpox-infected blankets, superior weaponry, horses, etc.  Essentially genocide.

I dont see how the small-scale immigration going on in England is comparable to that.

Good post

People of my color commit crimes everyday.  Should I be held accountable for their actions?  I feel no responsibility for their actions because I neither committed those acts or was there to prevent them.  

Even if I were to accept that my "race" is somehow culpable for genocide does that somehow forfeit the right of my culture to be respected?  We must ask ourselves is respect for established cultures universally true and right or just true for certain people and groups?

The problem with immigration in Europe is that these immigrants are refusing to assimilate and are a tremendous economic burden on the countries they immigrate to.  This causes unnecessary cultural and financial instability on these countries.  

By the way, I'm enjoying our discourse.   Im glad we can keep it civil.
A

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 04:06:44 AM »
This is the key point for me. Immigrants arrive into a settled culture, with its own unique traditions and social norms. These immigrants differ in their lifestyle and culture yet expect their new hosts to change and adapt to their way of life. If such states of "multiculturism" are not meet, then accusations of prejudice and rascism are thrown about. And lets be fair - most nations in Europe have adapted and changed to accommodate their new immigrants to some extent.

If the roles are reversed however and somebody from "the west" entered their culture, do you think they would change their ways to accommodate their immigrants?

Not certainly not! Probably be beheaded for stepping out of line.

Did you notice how many blacks seem to join forces with their Muslim brothers? It's been proven that their small brains leaves them more open to brainwashing. It also gives them a sense of "belonging" as they also hate the white man. White power!

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »

If it is, well I would say British colonists are as guilty of that as anyone.  Would you disagree?

This is a very good point that we must not forget. And in my opinion it is part of why Europe as a whole (it wasn't just the British who colonised and suppressed foreign cultures) is very "welcoming" of immigrants from regions of Africa, Middle East and Asia.

But I think that these immigrants are being welcomed quite well - they have work available for them and often social welfare and state benefits. If immigrants come to a country to escape poverty, war or are looking for new opportunities and they are willing to work and play their part (i.e. not receive multiple state welfare benefits) then I have no problem with that. And if they want to bring aspects of their culture with them I am also fine with that, as long as they integrate it in a non-obtrusive manner. Things like food, music, religious venues or whatever - I have no problem with these as they do not directly affect me.

The problem arise when immigrants (particularly those with strong religious beliefs and fundamentalism driving aspects of their culture) try to impose their cultural norms on their hosts. This should not be accepted and is where the real problem lie.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 04:28:25 AM »
Yup. And the migrants raise %30 more (taxes, etc.) than they take in (pogie, etc.) so this is again more 'immigrant noise.' Just locals who can't get along pissing on those who they think are lower on the ladder.  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 04:29:22 AM »
Yup. And the migrants raise %30 more (taxes, etc.) than they take in (pogie, etc.) so this is again more 'immigrant noise.' Just locals who can't get along pissing on those who they think are lower on the ladder.  ::)

Ive read contrary information on this point.   
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:30 AM »
Ive read contrary information on this point.   
Get off the ladder.