Author Topic: looking for a new bed.... anyone know anything about them  (Read 5416 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: looking for a new bed.... anyone know anything about them
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2014, 08:43:27 PM »
thank you sir... do you know what branbd cosco carrys
No idea bro.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 03:08:16 AM »
okay the last 1o replies sound like they were written by retarded French people

That's an insult to retarded french people.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2014, 04:31:28 AM »
I'll tell you a trade secret. Mattress manufactures sell in many circumstances the same exact mattress from the same factory under different names for sale in different store venues. Costco mattresses are top shelf for a great price.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Having spent a couple years working for furniture stores delivering mattresses.... not one single customer ever bitched or returned a Tempur Pedic. They all loved them and swore up and down that they changed their lives.

true story. Simmons, sleep number, sterns, doenst matter... lots of people hated them.

not one returned a Tempur.

Think about it.

I've heard that the early Tempur-Pedic mattresses were uncomfortably hot to sleep on (as in temperature), because the foam didn't breath. My most resent mattress purchase is a Comfort Firm Sealy Posturepedic with individually wrapped springs and a memory foam pillow top.....best of both worlds.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:46 AM »
On the skulls and mangled corpses of my enemies.  Obviously.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2014, 10:34:43 AM »
I've heard that the early Tempur-Pedic mattresses were uncomfortably hot to sleep on (as in temperature), because the foam didn't breath. My most resent mattress purchase is a Comfort Firm Sealy Posturepedic with individually wrapped springs and a memory foam pillow top.....best of both worlds.
they were. That's been a long time ago. As I said, not one person returned a tempurpedic in the 2 years I was delivering furniture.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
I know I don't want pillow top because I need to flip the mattress due to my weight.  Last pillow top lasted 8 months before it became uncomfortable.    thoughts??

A U planing to sleep with Leopolds 'black mama'.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 04:21:55 PM »
Buy a sturdy Japanese low style bed with just a mattress and no box spring. You can lay some serious pipe on those style beds and they don't move...

the trainer

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »
Great bed for the flashy getbigger.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 02:46:32 AM »
Great bed for the flashy getbigger.

Anabolichalo's dream bed to bang his <30 Euro chocolate damsels...

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2014, 04:16:59 AM »

i bought a tempurpedic bed from costco. $600 for a king. best bed i have ever owned, and the last bed i had was a 3k pillow top with the independent coils etc etc. garbage.
absolutely. Its a temp knockoff. Comes in a wheelie box n u wheel it he like luggage. I have had mine for 6 years. They r great!!!!!

It's called sleep innovations novaform. I'm a Chiro n have rec this bed highly to pts. I've had around 50 peeps by them n everyone has loved it. Cheap n good. Like 500-600 for king or queen.

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2014, 04:48:38 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2014, 04:57:35 AM »
I used to plow your wife on that uncomfortable bed, it really sucked, about a time for an upgrade.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2014, 10:17:58 AM »
they were. That's been a long time ago. As I said, not one person returned a tempurpedic in the 2 years I was delivering furniture.

Yes, supposedly they've found a way to make memory foam that is not as apt to make the sleeper hot. My daughter and her husband bought a tempurpedic mattress about two years ago. They don't like it because it is hot to sleep on. It probably all depends on the individual. Some folks sleep warmer than others. My wife uses very few covers while I like having a down duvet.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »
Yes, supposedly they've found a way to make memory foam that is not as apt to make the sleeper hot. My daughter and her husband bought a tempurpedic mattress about two years ago. They don't like it because it is hot to sleep on. It probably all depends on the individual. Some folks sleep warmer than others. My wife uses very few covers while I like having a down duvet.
No, it depends on the MODEL of tempur mattress they get. I haven't delivered fur it ure since 2008-9.... and they have different models then that had different levels of breathability. If they got the bottom of the barrel that's why they had issues.

A lot of people don't understand that there is several different models under the tempurpedic brand. ... so they wrongly pass the information about the heat issue as being ALL tempurpedics, which isn't true. A good salesman would have told them about the heat issue in the 1st place. Lots of people liked it,  others didnt. But as I said, even in 08 they had several models that addressed the breathability. They even have pillow top models back then with breathable foam for the top.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »
No, it depends on the MODEL of tempur mattress they get. I haven't delivered fur it ure since 2008-9.... and they have different models then that had different levels of breathability. If they got the bottom of the barrel that's why they had issues.

A lot of people don't understand that there is several different models under the tempurpedic brand. ... so they wrongly pass the information about the heat issue as being ALL tempurpedics, which isn't true. A good salesman would have told them about the heat issue in the 1st place. Lots of people liked it,  others didnt. But as I said, even in 08 they had several models that addressed the breathability. They even have pillow top models back then with breathable foam for the top.

You could be right about that. I have no idea which model they bought or how much they paid for it. They said it cost them a lot, but I don't know what they think a lot is. The bed I recently bought is a king and it ran a little over $1,000 on sale, including the box springs. It definitely wasn't the most expensive nor was it the cheapest mattress the store sold. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
You could be right about that. I have no idea which model they bought or how much they paid for it. They said it cost them a lot, but I don't know what they think a lot is. The bed I recently bought is a king and it ran a little over $1,000 on sale, including the box springs. It definitely wasn't the most expensive nor was it the cheapest mattress the store sold. 
Cheapest tempur at that time was 2k for a king,  up to 4.5k for the highest end Cal king model.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »
Cheapest tempur at that time was 2k for a king,  up to 4.5k for the highest end Cal king model.
rip. Check out the Costco one

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
I used to plow your wife on that uncomfortable bed, it really sucked, about a time for an upgrade.
gross bro... considering Ive been married to your mother for over 5 years
a

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »
Works out cheaper to get pissed on cheap wine and sleep on couch every night. What I do. Girlfriend might give you some stick though.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
rip. Check out the Costco one
I don't know... unless it's the same material, I know at the time tempur had a patent and all the knock offs SUCKED horribly and were no where near as good as the actual Tempurpedic.

It's been 5 or 6 years since then, however.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2014, 06:28:24 AM »
I got the new DONALD TRUMP collection mattress with the "GEL pillow Top", and I never had such AMAZING sleeps, or sexual encounters in my life (I PREFER now to call a girl over to my place instead of going to hers).
Got it just before Xmas last year!

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2014, 01:07:41 AM »
1983 called...
... they want their bed back. ;)

Well that is stupid. Do you know what is the problem with the water-beds? Lets compare it to the highest quality mattresses? I bought my bed more than 15 years ago, and I have been sleeping in it up to these days. If I would have buy the highest quality frame bed with top of the class mattress, there would be at least third mattress going right now, meaning that I would have change it every fifth year to maintain the comfort of the sleeping. Those fuckers last only few years under the guy who weight is over 200lb. Furthermore, that kind of high quality mattress is more expensive to buy than the waterbed, so it would cost me lot of money. This is why they don't sell waterbeds anymore, because they can sell it only once, and it last 15-20-30 years = 3 to 6 mattresses. Do you understand how much more that would cost?  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2014, 11:38:16 AM »
I slept on a water bed once and I didn't like it. I suppose it is something you either like or you don't.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
I slept on a water bed once and I didn't like it. I suppose it is something you either like or you don't.

Me too, and it felt horrible. It was an acrobatic challenge to bang that girl ;D