Author Topic: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage  (Read 24439 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Re: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 12:13:21 AM »
Feel bad for this punk, must have took him 5 hours to write all this with the help from a high school tutor and the complete "Hooked On Phonics" set from 1983.

Just shows that in five years this addict will move on to heroin and will be toothless, standing on the corner, spitting on windshields to get a couple dollars. God this guy is delayed but not in the same way as Genova.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!

A

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 12:22:20 AM »
2 questions for you?

1) No one, what is your opinion of the man featured in the picture below?

2) Can you build huge biceps with this machine?

Ahahalaololol i fucking loose it everytime i see this pic.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 02:03:20 AM »
What this moron doesn't get is that there are thousands of Afro-Americans that look like this on basketball courts across the US and Canada and all they do is "ball" and eat cheetos and orange drink.

ECTOMORPHSPEED!!!!!!

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 02:30:32 AM »
This is probably the best advice and post on getbig so far. 
Thank you for taking your time and explaining everything so even I can understand it.
  Pict. Looking as detailed and sharp as the car behind you! 8) 8)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 03:21:12 AM »
I have daily fights with a friend of mine about the "eat big to be big" mentality. He steadfastly maintains that even while we are both on low-dose gear, it is "a simple question of thermodynamics" about needing to be in a caloric surplus to grow.

I wish to add lean tissue slowly ("at your dose, slow is what you're going to get!" -- Uncle Junior) and get leaner overall. I DON'T want to "bulk" and then cut. At my height, 6'3", I can carry 240 without looking  fat in clothes, but I look like absolute waterlogged shit with my shirt off. Not going to do it. I am 210 and probably about 12% now as a guess.

As an aside, after a whopping 3 whole weeks on gear, it seems to want to lean out lean areas and appears to be adding some blur to the midsection. My not-so-great abs are looking less great. I am guessing it is all bloof.

My diet is about 90% good. I am a mostly paleo guy that watches carbs, has cut sugar, but does take in animal fats with meats.

Thanks for the advice, because it appears that being on gear has changed a lot about how I should think about this stuff, and I am a little confused.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 04:02:37 AM »
ya, just like 'they' say you need to eat your protein and carbs to get the benefit of the 'anabolic window'- so what happens if i dont eat for an hour after my session, or even that day- my body going to say when i reintroduce food, 'well, he didnt quite make the window, i cant really use this now'?

the funny thing about common sense is that it isnt all that common, esp in bodybuilding.

You don't think the metabolism slows down if you don't eat for 24hrs? or Compare metabolic rate right after a workout vs few hours after

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 04:30:46 AM »
 YOU DO NOT NEED A CALORIE SURPLUS TO CREATE LEAN TISSUE

^ I think this is huge. So many day you can't lose fat and gain muscle but I believe it is possible and I have done it myself.  I guess it would be called a "recomp".

Recently I have been training much lower weights and higher reps and noticed good gains in a short time. I feel that heavy weight is overrated although it can be fun lifting big weight. But in our 30s it's time to train smarter I feel.

In the past you have talked about 24hr + fasting.  I don't believe metabolism is slowed down in that little time. I read a study cited in an article it takes about 70-90 hrs of fasting to slow metabolism.

No one, can you speak a fee words on naturals?  I imagine things are similar but obviously they will be smaller and work harder for cuts?

Thank you, nice post.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 04:49:35 AM »
Great post my brother,so great in fact,it sounds like I wrote it myself!  ;)

I agree on all counts and have been saying almost the same things for years now.

This should be sent to MD or some other mag,that`s how well written and vital it is......I say vital,because it disspells tons of the myths surrounding gear and diet as well as training,and would save a shit load of people lots of time otherwise wasted.

Again,great stuff and awesome pic.

NO HOMO

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »
IF POSSIBLE, CAN WE KEEP THIS THREAD FOR ACTUAL LIFTERS THAT ARE SEEKING INFO?

TAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS TO ONE OF THE OTHER 5000 STUPID-ASS THREADS ON G&O.

THANKS AND NO HOMO.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:35 AM »
Good read, used yours and Gal's advice of starting slow - I'm yet to go above 500mg but I've been tempted to see what a gram of test feels like both looks and sides wise.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 04:57:31 AM »
Great post my brother,so great in fact,it sounds like I wrote it myself!  ;)

I agree on all counts and have been saying almost the same things for years now.

This should be sent to MD or some other mag,that`s how well written and vital it is......I say vital,because it disspells tons of the myths surrounding gear and diet as well as training.

Again,great stuff and awesome pic.

NO HOMO

That's crazy! I thought it should be sent to MD or they should hire no one too.

Very well written, although the supplement companies pushing the anabolic window eat every 3 hrs may not like it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 05:05:49 AM »
That's crazy! I thought it should be sent to MD or they should hire no one too.

Very well written, although the supplement companies pushing the anabolic window eat every 3 hrs may not like it.
That`s the thing bro,the supplement companies whos advertisements fund the mags would never want the truth to get out.  :(

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
I have daily fights with a friend of mine about the "eat big to be big" mentality. He steadfastly maintains that even while we are both on low-dose gear, it is "a simple question of thermodynamics" about needing to be in a caloric surplus to grow.

Your friend is correct if the goal is simply to gain weight: cannot be done without an energy surplus, but that is not really the question.

Another perspective would be if you train and also eat a surplus then it should be impossible to not build some muscle, although you will of course build fat too.

I have never run across anything that has convinced me it's impossible to build muscle on an energy deficit.

Actually our understanding scientifically of what happens to food after we eat it is quite limited.

Simple Simon

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 05:51:51 AM »
The point is you only need to eat slightly above maintenance levels to ensure you gain muscle providing you take in enough protein/amino acids.

Why eat 3 or 4,000 cals above your BMR?
All you are going to get is very fat.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 05:54:54 AM »
The point is you only need to eat slightly above maintenance levels to ensure you gain muscle providing you take in enough protein/amino acids.

Why eat 3 or 4,000 cals above your BMR?
All you are going to get is very fat.

Especially when you get older and your metabolism starts to slow down.

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 06:01:08 AM »

Especially when you get older and your metabolism starts to slow down.
I think its applicable to all ages, anything over and above your BMR is going to be stored as fat.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 06:05:10 AM »
I don't know if I buy into the whole "metabolism "slows down" as you age" thing. 

Most of the things we think are inevitable changes with age are likely due just as much (if not more so) to activity level. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 06:08:43 AM »
Calories do not build muscle,protein does.

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 06:09:28 AM »
I don't know if I buy into the whole "metabolism "slows down" as you age" thing. 

Most of the things we think are inevitable changes with age are likely due just as much (if not more so) to activity level. 

Most people will tell you "my metabolism has slowed down since I got older"
But has it really?
Do you do the same things as you did when you were younger, are you as active day in day out.
I have to watch what I eat a bit more now than when I was 21 and lifting 3 times a week, training/running three times a week and playing a game a week of Rugby and going out clubbing until 3am.

Has my metabolism slowed or have I become a bit more sedentary?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 06:10:27 AM »
Calories do not build muscle,protein does.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 06:12:34 AM »

Great gif... too bad you can't hear him laughing.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 06:18:16 AM »
I think its applicable to all ages, anything over and above your BMR is going to be stored as fat.

True, I was trying to say that it's harder to lose the weight you gain as you get older.

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 06:32:22 AM »

True, I was trying to say that it's harder to lose the weight you gain as you get older.

I have found that this time around dieting to compete it took me longer to get in shape than previously back in 96.
I put it down to age and metabolism but looking at it realistically, I was always 10lbs over my show weight year round and was out clubbing every weekend dancing all night until 7am.

I dont do either of those now, if I did would I lose the weight faster?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 06:46:35 AM »
Can you post a picture when you are completely off drugs for a year and then give training advice?