Author Topic: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage  (Read 24472 times)

Simple Simon

Re: my thoughts on training, nutrition and anabolics usage
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »
of course like anything there will always be a number of contributing factors. Like most things there is rarely a clear answer.But it plays a role. High blood pressure which roids cause is one of the biggest cause of kidney damage. The kidneys filter our blood so high protein and drugs will put also put stress on them . Im not attacking steroids its just nieve to claim steroids dont do damage.

Thats quite a turnaround from 'Steroids fuck your kidneys' isnt it?

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »
Thats quite a turnaround from 'Steroids fuck your kidneys' isnt it?

not at all,its just worded not as aggressive. Why are you so defensive? Even high protein diets are bad for the kidneys.

dustin

« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2014, 11:10:55 AM »
of course like anything there will always be a number of contributing factors. Like most things there is rarely a clear answer.But it plays a role. High blood pressure which roids cause is one of the biggest cause of kidney damage. The kidneys filter our blood so high protein and drugs will put also put stress on them . Im not attacking steroids its just nieve to claim steroids dont do damage.

Anyway glad people are getting results from trying something different.

These are good points to heed no matter how safe you regard steroids. I think they're extremely safe, but ballooning in weight compounds the risks tremendously. This is something a LOT of people don't heed attention to.

AAS are pretty damn safe, but it's also easy to step into the dangerzone without knowing. And the longer you stay there, the more damage you're unknowingly creating. I'm guilty of become too laid back and too complacent. Fuck, I was completely infertile and had to come off for more than a year to knock up my beautiful wife. I never thought in a million years that THIS would be the fallout that I have from AAS usage, but fuck me sideways. You can't anticipate every danger in life, but being privy to the possible dangers and making sure to keep them at bay is imperative.

While I don't like fear mongering in the least, I do like to recline to this statement and remind people not to play things off too easily. A little edema could put TREMENDOUS strain on your heart without you even noticing. Keep these situations to an absolute minimum and just avoid getting fat all together. You'll maintain both your health and aesthetics, so I don't see why anyone would trade those for getting fat and shaving years off their lifespan. Makes no sense to me.

Simple Simon

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2014, 11:14:02 AM »
not at all,its just worded not as aggressive. Why are you so defensive? Even high protein diets are bad for the kidneys.

There you go again.
Its normally people with kidney problems to begin with that high protein is bad for.

Stop parroting shit from other people without reading up a bit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
I'll give an example. I routinely get into it (just respectful debates) with guys named Nick Tumminello and Brad Schoenfeld. Nick is very well read, Brad is highly educated (PHd) both write for respected sites and both have written books. The problem is they are RESEARCHERS and more online "gurus" than anything else. These are guys (and there are a million more) who do more writing than actual "in the trenches" training. They are former trainers that really trained people for a few years, probably didn't like and decided to write about it instead.

On Brads blog in big bold print "No body knows more about muscle building than Brad Schoenfeld". Nick, to the best of my knowledge has never competed but told me his mom is a former bodybuilder, which I guess makes him an expert. Both write for T-nation and Bodybuilding.com

Both, will argue to the death that science trumps practical application but of course doesn't discount the practical application. To the best of my knowledge, neither has trained any high level athletes or high level physique or bodybuilders for any significant amount of time. Ok, both are "experts" in "building muscle" yet they look like the average "fit" person off the street.

I often say (when it comes to strength and conditioning) that knowledge always trumps what the coach may look like. But when it comes to self - professing  about being an expert in building muscle, training and nutrition, you better damn well at least look like it to back it up...

So again, have you competed (more than once) and did you win or place high and who have you trained and at what level?

Simple Simon

« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »
So again, have you competed (more than once) and did you win or place high and who have you trained and at what level?

Did you miss my post?
If thats aimed at me.
I have competed many times in the late 80s to mid 90s, I won an area qualifier and competed at national level in the UK.
I have recently returned to comps and competed last year.

I have advised many people over the years, my main area that people tend to come to me advice for is posing routines and presentation.

Im no great shakes genetically but as a skinny kid who just started lifting weights to assist with another sport I have done OK for myself.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »
Did you miss my post?

It wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular. But yes, I just saw it. IMO, you have good personal credentials. You know what works and what doesn't.

Simple Simon

« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »
It wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular. But yes, I just saw it. IMO, you have good personal credentials. You know what works and what doesn't.
Yet with all my real life experience some fat twat who has bought himself a "personal trainer" certificate after completing an 8 week course would get a job in a health club over me every single time.

Thats what irks me about personal trainers.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
Yet with all my real life experience some fat twat who has bought himself a "personal trainer" certificate after completing an 8 week course would get a job in a health club over me every single time.

They would probably get a job over me as well. That's why you start your own PT business.

dustin

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »
I'll give an example. I routinely get into it (just respectful debates) with guys named Nick Tumminello and Brad Schoenfeld. Nick is very well read, Brad is highly educated (PHd) both write for respected sites and both have written books. The problem is they are RESEARCHERS and more online "gurus" than anything else. These are guys (and there are a million more) who do more writing than actual "in the trenches" training. They are former trainers that really trained people for a few years, probably didn't like and decided to write about it instead.

On Brads blog in big bold print "No body knows more about muscle building than Brad Schoenfeld". Nick, to the best of my knowledge has never competed but told me his mom is a former bodybuilder, which I guess makes him an expert. Both write for T-nation and Bodybuilding.com

Both, will argue to the death that science trumps practical application but of course doesn't discount the practical application. To the best of my knowledge, neither has trained any high level athletes or high level physique or bodybuilders for any significant amount of time. Ok, both are "experts" in "building muscle" yet they look like the average "fit" person off the street.

I often say (when it comes to strength and conditioning) that knowledge always trumps what the coach may look like. But when it comes to self - professing  about being an expert in building muscle, training and nutrition, you better damn well at least look like it to back it up...

Good points. Physical things like bodybuilding and sports, that's when you're allowed to have a little more bias against people with just book smarts. Yes, I'm sure an endocrinologist will know vast amounts about hormones and endocrinology, but I'd turn to the local meathead for steroid advice. They've got the hands on training which is invaluable.

The thing I like here is that a lot of people, like yourself, have actually pulled their socks up, dieted the fuck down and competed. Even if it's just a local comp or amateur one, you've done it. I don't even care if anyone's placed well, the experience can really shape your perception and offer esoteric insights that can't be directly described or relayed to another person. You simply have to do it. Sort of like juicing. People try planning so hard for their first cycle, but that first cycle is a write off anyway. Doesn't mean shit outside of the experience because that person won't keep the gains in most cases anyway. But that experience is so important.

I haven't competed myself, but I've dieted down to ridiculous conditioning in anticipation of competing. I don't like to fuck up, ever. And my biggest fear would be to register for a comp, start dieting and show up on the day of the show out of shape. I have a crushing fear of things like that, so instead I've dieted down 3-4 times to low single digit bf (a bone dry 6% realistically, guys that say they hit 3-4% are fucking lying), but then I just realize which parts are lagging and go back to the drawing board. But even just dieting down that rigidly has totally changed my perception.

It's amazing how quickly you can throw your training, dieting and "supplementation" regimen right out the window when you have experiences like that. That's why I try spending lots of time pounding the keyboard furiously to help people. When you have honest, first hand experience it's something you want to share, especially when you see such idiotic advices. Bodybuilding is a "sport" where having a good mentor means everything. You need to be dedicated, observant and meticulous as well, but a trusted individual to steer you in the right direction is so important. We run into conflicts so often and having an honest set of eyes can mean a world of difference. I know that I can't trust myself - too indecisive. If/when I decide to buckle down and register for my first show, I will enlist the help of a very trusted friend because once I'm balls deep into the diet I can no longer trust myself. Things get too hairy if you've ever dieted down that far and that's why a "trainer" is actually really important. Someone can give you a cookie cutter diet, cycle and training routine but it's virtually worthless without consultation through someone else.

Annnd that's enough novels for me today lol... hope that people can find some tidbits of knowledge in all my spastic keyboard tantrums. Lots of awesome insights in this thread, as usual. These threads are always awesome even when there's bickering, because lots of important shit gets hashed out and discussed. I swear, if it weren't for sites like this one I would still look like the scrawniest piece of shit and looking for the next gimmick to get me bigger musckles. ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
Why would anyone listen to a know nothing like no one when there are real gurus out there like this specimen?

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »

you cant afford a couple grand for the reps level 3 qualification? LoL you come ascross as some bitter 40something f.aggot who never made it in the fitness industry . Middle aged and cant even afford a pt course. Maybe you should save some of your roid money and put it towards a career in which your allready over qualified for, i mean your an einstein of the fitness world arent you? Just think of how many clients lives youd help change for the better once they had been advised by the font of all knowledge.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2014, 11:39:24 AM »
Why would anyone listen to a know nothing like no one when there are real gurus out there like this specimen?

In all fairness, Will looks like fucking Sergio Oliva next to Tumminello and Schoenfeld.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »

If you want i can loan you the money out of pity for your course. I feel bad seeing such talent wasted.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »
You going to get this thread deleted like the other one? Simon you pathetic f aggot .

Simple Simon

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
you cant afford a couple grand for the reps level 3 qualification? LoL you come ascross as some bitter 40something f.aggot who never made it in the fitness industry . Middle aged and cant even afford a pt course. Maybe you should save some of your roid money and put it towards a career in which your allready over qualified for, i mean your an einstein of the fitness world arent you? Just think of how many clients lives youd help change for the better once they had been advised by the font of all knowledge.

Way to totally miss the point in order to try and get one over on me.

Grow the fuck up and try and add something of value to threads rather than your idiotic games of oneupmanship.

You have fucked up three times in this thread already.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2014, 12:03:05 PM »

Grow the fuck up and try and add something of value to threads rather than your idiotic games of oneupmanship.

How? What i said is my opinion, which clashed with yours.
answer the question, can you not afford the course?  You fucking bummy c unt.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »

i bet you wear tesco bags over your socks to stop your feet getting wet from the holes in your shoes lol
seriously though i can front you that money for your course einstein

Simple Simon

« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »

How? What i said is my opinion, which clashed with yours.
answer the question, can you not afford the course?  You fucking bummy c unt.

No you stated what you believed to be facts and posted what you thought was evidence to back up what you thought was facts.

I also have zero interest in pursuing a career in the fitness industry, I have a career that I have been doing for the last 25 years thank you very much.

If you want to donate the £2,000 to charity instead of giving it to me then feel free to do it and post the evidence.

You up for donating to charity?

the trainer

« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »

Based on your threads you dont know as much as you think you do, you follow a lot of fake experts around here like a blind sheep, I got my certificate because that is what is required but lot of people on this board are giving out shitty advice no wonder you guys accuse natural bodybuilders of being on steroids but it a lack of real knowledge about training and nutrition and most people on this board are not even aware.

Simple Simon

« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »
You going to get this thread deleted like the other one? Simon you pathetic f aggot .
Oh dear, another homophobe. ::)

Simple Simon

« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2014, 12:16:16 PM »
Based on your threads you dont know as much as you think you do, you follow a lot of fake experts around here like a blind sheep, I got my certificate because that is what is required but lot of people on this board are giving out shitty advice no wonder you guys accuse natural bodybuilders of being on steroids but it a lack of real knowledge about training and nutrition and most people on this board are not even aware.
I know enough to have competed at National level and to get back in shape and compete at 48 years of age after a 15 year lay off.

What have you achieved?

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2014, 12:18:10 PM »
No you stated what you believed to be facts and posted what you thought was evidence to back up what you thought was facts.

I also have zero interest in pursuing a career in the fitness industry, I have a career that I have been doing for the last 25 years thank you very much.

If you want to donate the £2,000 to charity instead of giving it to me then feel free to do it and post the evidence.

You up for donating to charity?

did you really think id pay for you to do your fucking course hahaha and charity? What a load of tax evasion shit they are

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
I know enough to have competed at National level and to get back in shape and compete at 48 years of age after a 15 year lay off.

What have you achieved?

where did you place? Pics? Where are your blue stars?

Simple Simon

« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2014, 12:23:12 PM »
where did you place? Pics? Where are your blue stars?
mind your own business