Author Topic: I thought kids were bad but parents are far worse  (Read 941 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I thought kids were bad but parents are far worse
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:24:18 AM »
Yesterday my nephew was hanging out during spring break so I took him to his jiu-jitsu class.  I get there and there's 11 adults and 1 kid in sitting in the VIEWING area.  I emphasized viewing because no one was watching shit. Out of the 11 parents.  I counted 6 with their iphones out, heads down and texting/playing games/facebook, 3 with ipads doing the same thing, 1 with a laptop and 1 who must be technically deficient was reading a magazine.  The little kid with one of the parents had an ipad as well playing minecraft with the volume up!  What the fuck is wrong with people today?  The class finishes and most of the parents put their phones away, the one with the laptop looks up and tells his kid "good job" and the kid replies "for what?  we really didn't do anything", two of the parents had their kids walk right up and for about 2 minutes wouldn't even acknowledge them until they were done doing whatever they were in the middle of on their phones.

I know we all like to rag on kids today as generation nothingness but with parents like this what the fuck do we expect?  These kids don't have a fighting chance anymore.  I remember reading about the mass exodus of kids from facebook because their parents are always on there and it wasn't cool anymore.

When I played sports if I ever looked in the stands at my folks and always saw them with their heads down on their phones/tablets and never acknowledging me I don't know how I would have taken it.

Fucking people today are just pathetic losers.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: I thought kids were bad but parents are far worse
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »
Agree 100%

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:00:49 PM »
Russia

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 12:33:26 PM »
Most people are tech-toy/texting/game playing addicted zombies.  I shun ALL of this buffoonery.  I don't even have a cell phone.

In case you guys haven't realized it, the USA is in BIG trouble.  It's too far gone now to even attempt to rescue it. 

There is a huge wake up call coming very soon and it ain't gonna be pleasant.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »
USA, sadly

Europe is not far behind...  :-[ :'(

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »
Sad state of things nowadays, I agree

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »
Most people are tech-toy/texting/game playing addicted zombies.  I shun ALL of this buffoonery.  I don't even have a cell phone.

In case you guys haven't realized it, the USA is in BIG trouble.  It's too far gone now to even attempt to rescue it. 

There is a huge wake up call coming very soon and it ain't gonna be pleasant.

Most people will be too engaged with their phones to even notice the world is crumbling around them.

Chances are they'd see this headline on facebook

WORLD IS COLLAPSING

and they'd click 'like' and continue playing angry birds.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 12:53:10 PM »
It's mostly kids here who are "connected" but you can feel the autism growing every day.
Hope this trend continues so I can stop shopping and just take from people what I need - as long as they're shitpad doesn't get touched they'll keep silent.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »
Europe is not far behind...  :-[ :'(

Australia too.

I was back there for Christmas. Of all the friends I caught up with, only one of them left their phone alone.

We are becoming a species that photographs everything, but pays attention to nothing.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 01:00:24 PM »
How old were the parents?
Australia too.

I was back there for Christmas. Of all the friends I caught up with, only one of them left their phone alone.

We are becoming a species that photographs everything, but pays attention to nothing.
agreed...

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
You went one time, sure you're interested to see what's going on. I have 3 kids that have 2 activities each, some activities are 5 or more days a week. You see the same damn practice many, many times, day after day. When I go to one of the games I'll watch the whole time, but for a practice I'll surf Getbig instead.

Easy to judge when you go once, stick with it daily, year after year and see if you don't surf the Internet while you wait at a practice.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
How old were the parents?agreed...

30-40 year olds

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 01:25:54 PM »
30-40 year olds
And there is your answer. And we all know which generation their parents are from.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
100% truth

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 01:57:57 PM »
Not in NZ as far as I can tell. We go out for dinner most weeks with friends and I don't ever recall seeing a phone in sight. My phone lives in the car. When I get home late afternoon I don't see it again until I get in the car at 8am. It's a cheap piece of shit no-name brand. Paid 50 bucks for it. Doesn't even have a proper camera and if you do manage to take more than 5 pics, the memory is full  :-\

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »
I can't stand when I see people out with their little kids but paying no attention to them because they are staring at their phones!  No matter where I go I see parents like this!  I once had to go pick up a toddler headed for the street because her dad was staring at his phone!

Nuts!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 02:17:36 PM »
Not in NZ as far as I can tell. We go out for dinner most weeks with friends and I don't ever recall seeing a phone in sight. My phone lives in the car. When I get home late afternoon I don't see it again until I get in the car at 8am. It's a cheap piece of shit no-name brand. Paid 50 bucks for it. Doesn't even have a proper camera and if you do manage to take more than 5 pics, the memory is full  :-\
"Fix your camera, kid."
-Dexter Jackson