Author Topic: Guys playing CHESS in the gym........I thought I'd seen it all, silliness-wise  (Read 1118 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
No kidding! Last week, I went to the Smith machine to start squatting, which is near the corner of where I train. And, I kid you not, there are two guys with a big chess board in the corner. One of them was actually leaving the board, to grab some dumbbells and do curls while his opponent is deciding his next move.

More to the point, these two goofs were constantly in the way as I'm trying to load the bar. It's a wonder I didn't hit one of them in the head with a plate.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
I'm not a violent person, but I have the tendency to kick certain generation nothingness individuals in the jimmy or drop a weight on their toes or phone.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
No kidding! Last week, I went to the Smith machine to start squatting, which is near the corner of where I train. And, I kid you not, there are two guys with a big chess board in the corner. One of them was actually leaving the board, to grab some dumbbells and do curls while his opponent is deciding his next move.

More to the point, these two goofs were constantly in the way as I'm trying to load the bar. It's a wonder I didn't hit one of them in the head with a plate.

This is actually much better than the cell phone/text messaging morons I see.  Chess requires cognitive function.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
This is like that Chess Boxing.  They play a couple moves of chess, then box for a minute, back to chess, box....

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
"Gyms" today suck.  :(

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
"Gyms" today suck.  :(

its gimmicks trying to get people who don't lift to sign up, pay $29 a month to not lift.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
its gimmicks trying to get people who don't lift to sign up, pay $29 a month to not lift.
Yup

Dude,were you serious about the boxing/chess workout?

If so,those clowns need to be executed at dawn.  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Yup

Dude,were you serious about the boxing/chess workout?

If so,those clowns need to be executed at dawn.  ;D

Based on what I saw last week, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Based on what I saw last week, I wouldn't surprise me at all.
Fucking ridiculous isn`t it?

These fuckheads wouldn`t have lasted a minute in the gym back when gyms were all hardcore mom + pop type setups.  :(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Is playing chess in the gym really worse than squatting on the smith machine?
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

The regular squat rack was being used. And I was in a hurry.

;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

;D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
a while back i saw some dude put down his bag pack proceeded to pull out a Mac book , set it down on the only sitting calf machine in the gym,  open it , turn up the volume on it and play a p90x workout video.
did an entire p90x workout in front of everyone in the weight room

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

Pretty sure chess rates above Noah's Ark.    ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
It's almost a reason to justify the 'knockout game'...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

Sorry you were upset and inconvenienced by the event, Mcway.

Playing chess in between sets does sound pretty cool tho