Author Topic: I got robbed. politics at its worst.  (Read 28688 times)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: I got robbed. politics at its worst.
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2006, 09:53:30 PM »
What Tossers, at least they could have shown some respect and replyed , after all it is your memeber ship fee that pays fore them to be flown around the country and put up in hotels and feed lovely meals !!! 

The federations better start to learn that "No Bodybuilders " means no shows . No Shows" means no money------ before some elese comes along and starts there own SHOWS , with better offerings !!!!!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2006, 11:07:18 AM »
sounds like you got something cooking HRDCORE. would love to see a rival show of some sort and entertain the crowds because at the moment its a snooze fest.
P

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2006, 11:08:42 AM »
NZMM, Are u in Akl? Where do you train mate?

im in wlg, my membership jst ran out so im considering my options of where tio train at the mo
P

Drommer Stor

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »
At the end of the day BB is judged by people's opinions, and there is always going to be unhappy competitors.  The main thing to do is not to let it affect your training.  Remember why you first started at the gym and why you wanted to compete.  Don't let this stop you doing what you love, which is lifting weights.  No matter what level you are at there is always going to be dodgy decisions, all you can do is get bigger and leaner and keep on your game plan.  As long as each time you compete you are better than you were the previous time - you always want to keep making progress.  Life's not fair, get used to it... instead of letting it hold you back just train harder and stay focussed on your BB goals.

Norton

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2006, 01:19:13 PM »
What do you guys do spay yourselves with gold spray paint?

Look at this idiot.

Drommer Stor

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2006, 01:44:25 PM »
What do you guys do spay yourselves with gold spray paint?

Look at this idiot.

Man you cracked me up  ;D   ;D   ;D

Iron Kiwi

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2006, 02:24:14 PM »
im in wlg, my membership jst ran out so im considering my options of where tio train at the mo

You did great don't get caught up weather your 2nd or 3rd, give it a few days (workouts) and you'll figure out it dosn't matter to much. In NZ you'll have to follow your own path. I'm a x kiwi BB x Mr NZ and Alk owned a couble of gyms and ran shows.. If you want to go for it find a friendly farmer who needs cash and you'll have all that you want. And keep away from Hardwick and Fong.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2006, 04:39:36 PM »
You did great don't get caught up weather your 2nd or 3rd, give it a few days (workouts) and you'll figure out it dosn't matter to much. In NZ you'll have to follow your own path. I'm a x kiwi BB x Mr NZ and Alk owned a couble of gyms and ran shows.. If you want to go for it find a friendly farmer who needs cash and you'll have all that you want. And keep away from Hardwick and Fong.

that's all it takes one friendly vet

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2006, 12:01:55 PM »
Just about everyone has gotten ripped off at a contest at one point or another.  Lee Priest said he once judged a show & heard some people bitching behind him after the contest was over that their guy didn't win.  He turned around & said, "Get used to it.  I had to." 

I just heard that a top NPC guy retired from BB competition because a friend of his overheard an NPC head honcho (will remain nameless) tell the panel not to rank him in the top five because he used synthol.  He didn't (did site injections) but that was the end.  He packed it in & is now involved in another sport with a finish line. 

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2006, 03:00:07 PM »
its easy to feel pissed off and question weather all the effort is worth the reward, but how good would it feel to come back the next year and show a physique that said f*ck you judges try and give me a shit placing this time
P

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2006, 02:36:27 PM »
Because bodybuilding is a sport of opinion and not that of a true decisive winner like say that of a runner or high jumper or tennis player or football player then if you want to do well you have to addopt a attitude of "i will do my up most best and the rest is out of my hands"--- sure you train and diet to win , that is the driving force behind the hardship you suffer in getting ready for a show, but you also need to be realistic in your approach to the Actual show its self.

You are going to be "Judged" by a group of individuals ,( half whom are out of shape and fat), whose opinion on you as a individual is the only way to determine if you are better than the next guy, this I am afraid leaves allot or room for variables--- we know this when we stand on stage, Its bodybuilding !!

So being proud of your self and what you achieved to get on stage is always a priority first and foremost before any judges opinion-- think like this and you will be there for a long time, and it takes time to become a champion !!

Dr.X

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »
The 2nd place guy looks like the homos in those videos advertised in the back of that gay mag Men's Workout!   ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2006, 06:36:50 PM »
repeating question

wassup looking like you rubbed shit all over yourself

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2006, 07:19:52 PM »
repeating question

wassup looking like you rubbed shit all over yourself

yeah we just go out to the sheep paddock out the back and have a roll around in the mud
P

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
yeah we just go out to the sheep paddock out the back and have a roll around in the mud

I don't think you should use the words GO OUT, SHEEP, THE BACK and ROLLING AROUND in the same sentence dude, especially when you come from New Zealand !!!

No what I mean !!! ;)

nap2599

• Getbig I
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2006, 11:45:03 PM »
Hey bud

I went to that show - all 'n' all it wasn't too bad - and you are right - you did get ripped off - but hey, you've just gotta get over it aye. What disgusted me the most were the physique novice womens class. Only ONE I tell ya ONE bloody competitor looked decent in that class - the rest should of got told to bugger off and do another sport - shit I don't know, play marbles perhaps???? Some of these bloody personal trainers, need to be honest with them and stop tiptoeing around their clients by saying to them, "Oh you look great darling, of course your place!" The only area they would place, would be the line to the counter of MacD's!!! I've seen alot of personal trainers whose clients look great on stage, Mr Rainbow, yours of course (as per usual), Mike Debenhams (his client got ripped off at the Nats thats for bloody real, here I was thinking that she would actually win but she didn't get diddly squat, as well as Gary Jones. They are the only P'T's in NZ that I can think of who are real with their clients and don't fill their heads with crap!! Thank goodness this site isn't PC because I was running out of places to go! By the way, who is this Lisa Menzies? Has she ever competed? Or is she just another PC person who wants to go on stage but lives through her clients? I've never seen her on stage but it sounds as though she knows it all. Anyway, I'm out, I've gotta go and eat, see you on stage later. Mark send me your email, I'm doing my final show this year, and I don't give a shit if the judges like me or not. If I place I place if I don't, I'll take up hula hoops!

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2006, 12:09:46 PM »
HAHAHA I FEEL LIKE IM LOOKING AT HE ROTISSARE AT BOSTON MARKET!!!! HAHAHAHA THEY ALL LOOK LIKE ROASTED CHICKENS!!!! LOL