Author Topic: Brad Castleberry is at it again  (Read 29320 times)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Re: Brad Castleberry is at it again
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »
Please! Cross fit plates of piece! ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2014, 10:33:38 AM »

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2014, 11:29:23 AM »
those plates have to be fake no way he is stronger  than the top heavy weight powerlifters in the world at  that size
l

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »
those plates have to be fake no way he is stronger  than the top heavy weight powerlifters in the world at  that size

Step 1: Load fake plates into Isuzu Trooper.
Step 2: Drive said Isuzu trooper to gym without damaging plates.
Step 3: Roll all plates into said gym without raising any "suspicion" or running into Getbiggers (who are at every corner).
Step 4: Match fake plates to real plates.
Step 5: Make bar bend so it looks "legit".

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2014, 11:50:22 AM »
Step 1: Load fake plates into Isuzu Trooper.
Step 2: Drive said Isuzu trooper to gym without damaging plates.
Step 3: Roll all plates into said gym without raising any "suspicion" or running into Getbiggers (who are at every corner).
Step 4: Match fake plates to real plates.
Step 5: Make bar bend so it looks "legit".

You make a very sensible point about the logistics of using fake plates but c'mon you can't actually believe that 675 bench press is legit?!

Just for reference - the ALL TIME RECORD for a raw bench in the 220 weight class is 585 (open) and 551 (drug tested). In the 275 weight class (I doubt this Castleberry guy weighs more than 230 in this video) it's 669 (open) and 617 (drug tested).

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2014, 11:55:21 AM »
Who?

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2014, 11:55:43 AM »
You make a very sensible point about the logistics of using fake plates but c'mon you can't actually believe that 675 bench press is legit?!

Just for reference - the ALL TIME RECORD for a raw bench in the 220 weight class is 585 (open) and 551 (drug tested). In the 275 weight class (I doubt this Castleberry guy weighs more than 230 in this video) it's 669 (open) and 617 (drug tested).

I'm local and been to where he trains multiple times, same plates same bench. Plates are all legit. Don't know much about power lifting but seen him do close to that often. Doesn't mean the lift is. Also Brad loves the Anadrolona IMO... crazy genetics + anabolica = almost lifts of peace. And he's more like 250+

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »
I'm local and been to where he trains multiple times, same plates same bench. Plates are all legit. Don't know much about power lifting but seen him do close to that often. Doesn't mean the lift is. Also Brad loves the Anadrolona IMO... crazy genetics + anabolica = almost lifts of peace. And he's more like 250+

No doubt he is an extremely strong individual. But I'm just not convinced he is the greatest bench presser of all time.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
Ive meet the guy to there is no way hes 250+  big guy and a ultra lean 230 id say but at this point i guess thats a mute point

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2014, 12:05:29 PM »
Ive meet the guy to there is no way hes 250+  big guy and a ultra lean 230 id say but at this point i guess thats a mute point

It's been a while and I just moved back so still catching up with our local San Diego celebrity dramas :).

Do you know why he got kicked out of LA fitness? Did one of the permanent ILS "trainer" got jealous? 

Hey Mike, come say hi, I'm probably going to start training in San Marcos again soon. :)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »

So brad is the strongest guy in the world? there is no guy s on the planet who can lift what he is lifting in those videos. Not at his weight.

A 220lb guy benching 675 gtfo dude
l

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 12:24:38 PM »
So brad is the strongest guy in the world? there is no guy s on the planet who can lift what he is lifting in those videos. Not at his weight.

You saw the video, the plates are real. That was him in the video. Performing the lift.

Nobody is saying he wasnt spotted like crazy.

But everything is pretty black and white in the video.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2014, 12:32:51 PM »
there was a thread about the kid on the animal forum. Every single strongman, powerlifter, called bullshit on his lifts.  He's either stronger than ronnie coleman, or he's full of shit. one or the other..
l

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »

Spotting this retard is a workout in its self. You could program your own routine around this shit and look pretty good.
L

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
Spotting this retard is a workout in its self. You could program your own routine around this shit and look pretty good.

I just don't understand why everything is so "hazy"  how come is brad virtually unknown in the strength world?

I was reading about how Ed Coan challenged greg kovacs one time, who was claiming these ridiculous poundages who people swore were legit. But he always failed to meet up with Ed. ;D

show me  Brad on the platform benching 600 pounds in competition..or up against a guy like sam byrd. .until then I don't believe it. 
l

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:04 PM »
I just don't understand why everything is so "hazy"  how come is brad virtually unknown in the strength world?

I was reading about how Ed Coan challenged greg kovacs one time, who was claiming these ridiculous poundages who people swore were legit. But he always failed to meet up with Ed. ;D

show me  Brad on the platform benching 600 pounds in competition..or up against a guy like sam byrd. .until then I don't believe it. 

He's in Cali..Mark Bell and the rest would be all over this guy to come up and train..that shredded..he be very marketable. Byrd would beat him to death with one of his fake plates.
L