Author Topic: RIP - Ultimate Warrior...  (Read 37194 times)

Melkor

• Getbig III
Re: Damn RIP Ultimate Warrior...
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:53 AM »
Its very surreal that he died after his speech at the Hall of Fame and on Raw. His words were prophetic, like he knew he was about to die and had made peace before it. The whole thing seems like too much of a coincidence. But he looked awful at the Hall of Fame and on Monday Night. He was hobbling around, very out of breath, serious redness and sweating. I honestly think that the strain and excitement from the last few days are what accelerated his death.

Typical wrestler death - enlarged heart, blocked arteries. A life on the road, steroids, alcohol, cocaine, painkillers, fast food, lack of sleep. I will say one thing though - the biggest, most "roided" up guys seem to be far more prone to heart attacks and health problems at a younger age.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:25 AM »
Nothing out of the ordinary for him.   He probably takes pictures with fans every day of his life.

It is out of the ordinary because he died hours after this picture was taken

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2014, 08:42:57 AM »

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2014, 08:44:28 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

soooo much white trash

unbelievable

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2014, 08:46:04 AM »
whoa, sad news. RIP  :'(

dustin

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2014, 08:49:58 AM »
Its very surreal that he died after his speech at the Hall of Fame and on Raw. His words were prophetic, like he knew he was about to die and had made peace before it. The whole thing seems like too much of a coincidence. But he looked awful at the Hall of Fame and on Monday Night. He was hobbling around, very out of breath, serious redness and sweating. I honestly think that the strain and excitement from the last few days are what accelerated his death.

Typical wrestler death - enlarged heart, blocked arteries. A life on the road, steroids, alcohol, cocaine, painkillers, fast food, lack of sleep. I will say one thing though - the biggest, most "roided" up guys seem to be far more prone to heart attacks and health problems at a younger age.

Very true, man. Good ass post. He definitely looked like he burned through the last bit of juice in his tank giving that speech.

Simple Simon

« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2014, 08:50:17 AM »
Peaches Geldof

So easily forgotten

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:59 AM »
R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior. He was one of my favourite wrestlers as a kid.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2014, 08:53:35 AM »
He looked like he wasn't walking good last night on Raw.

I noticed that as well.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2014, 09:23:34 AM »

movie the wrestler nailed it ,swollen slightly disfigured face from self inflicted'wrestling blood angle'matches,from steroid use bloat,swollen look from over taxing body with fluid retaining drugs,the neck especially gets that roid look ,warrior had that neck look look like it was going to burst,mickey roarke had that whole look nailed for that movie..

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
Peaches Geldof

So easily forgotten

Yes.....she was such an immeasurable benefit to society.   ::)

dustin

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2014, 09:34:32 AM »
movie the wrestler nailed it ,swollen slightly disfigured face from self inflicted'wrestling blood angle'matches,from steroid use bloat,swollen look from over taxing body with fluid retaining drugs,the neck especially gets that roid look ,warrior had that neck look look like it was going to burst,mickey roarke had that whole look nailed for that movie..

The Wrestler is a beautiful, suicidal tendency inducing movie. I actually watched it back-to-back the first time I saw it, it was that good... but, I basically wanted to kill myself. Very depressing movie but I think people should see it. The ending too... damn. Too much real life.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »
The Wrestler is a beautiful, suicidal tendency inducing movie. I actually watched it back-to-back the first time I saw it, it was that good... but, I basically wanted to kill myself. Very depressing movie but I think people should see it. The ending too... damn. Too much real life.
IT WAS GREAT MOVIE

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
Yes a depressing film, especially because it is a true reflection of what happened to many of the wrestling stars of previous years. Very few wrestlers from the 80's/early 90's wrestling boom had positive endings to their careers/lives.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »
Peaches Geldof

So easily forgotten

Yeah, its to be expected that more people on a site called GETBIG would give more consideration to the death of the ULTIMATE WARRIOR as opposed to some silver spooned socialite, who has received martyrdom through popular media for, eh, being a mother and dying?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
Yes a depressing film, especially because it is a true reflection of what happened to many of the wrestling stars of previous years. Very few wrestlers from the 80's/early 90's wrestling boom had positive endings to their careers/lives.
HULK HOGAN is lucky by his nature of being always out there promoting and getting good people doing buissness and him keeping himself in line so he never had to wrestle or appear in a ymca or high school auditorium matches or autograph signings..

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »
Ya just can't replace guys like this.....

:D Fucking awesome!
a

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »
keep track of the grey hairs due to heme-iron
Eating meat and steroids daily will cut you short, how many years do you think he would of lived without eating these items Marty? I say 20 at least.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
He was an intense man, but seemed like he enjoyed his fans.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Ultimate Warrior
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »
... the steroid abuse certainly didn't lengthten his life expectancy ~

I like that.

So fucking true.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2014, 10:44:02 AM »

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2014, 10:47:27 AM »
he died like mickey rourke in the wrestler. one last performance  :'(

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »
He was an intense man, but seemed like he enjoyed his fans.

I Cruised through this and he was really into getting names and going out of his way to thank them or reminisce .he seemed genuinely pleased,that was cool..dude was lean and his chest was never great always looked like it had tears it looked steinerish here but he was ripped so it kinda blended .

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »
Woke this morning with the news.  :(

I, like many others here, was (and still am) a huge fan of Warrior. In fact, right now, on my wall, is my old poster of the dude riding down a desert highway on his motorcycle. (As a single man, I get to indulge my inner child whenever and however I want to.)

As another member has said, it's likely the intensity, excitement and stress of his last few days added greatly to what was more than likely very poor health. Sped the "process" along, as it were.

Everything about Warrior influenced me and made me who I have become as a lifter and spirit.

That intensity and his belief in it was really something. In his prime, he was a force with which to be reckoned, in any sense. Wrestling is fake? Well, that man was REAL and one VERY powerful presence.

My condolences to his family, friends and all the other fans who mourn his death.

HAIL WARRIOR!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
I Cruised through this and he was really into getting names and going out of his way to thank them or reminisce .he seemed genuinely pleased,that was cool..dude was lean and his chest was never great always looked like it had tears it looked steinerish here but he was ripped so it kinda blended .

When it comes to retired wrestlers he definitely ended his life on the highest note possible.  Was inducted in the hall of fame in the biggest and best wrestling organization to ever exist within an era in which wrasslin fans know exactly who he is and what he did. He also gave one final speech on the biggest wrestling program in the world to a bunch of cheering fans. 

Next day his life ended.....Warrior went out on top.