Author Topic: RIP - Ultimate Warrior...  (Read 37160 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Damn RIP Ultimate Warrior...
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:02 PM »
was he the best built pro wrester?

yes IMO

others were bigger (warlord etc)

but none had his level of definition as well
Flower Boy Ran Away

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »
yes IMO

Warrior probably could of competed if he had wheels.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2014, 08:02:22 PM »

Has definitely gotta be top 3. Tony atlas was ahead of his time and has gotta be up there also

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »
Anyone notice how red he looked? Warrior looked lean and vascular. One can only wonder if he jumped back on whatever his elixir was to showboat in the ring. Really enjoyed watching him...crazy, not good with the mic or technical skills but he did bring excitement.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

At his best, arguably yes.   Warrior and Steiner in the top 2 all time.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2014, 09:28:07 PM »
i like your posts ,tad long but they sum up well..

Lol ~ Yup. I'm pretty sure that "rambling on" is a trademark of mine.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »

Lol ~ Yup. I'm pretty sure that "rambling on" is a trademark of mine.

Zepellin fan?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »
Here is an ol skool warrior back stage story ......

One story that I liked, and I can believe (though honestly, who knows if it's true) was that Ultimate Warrior and Brutus The Barber Beefcake were in the back at this house show, getting the paltry catering that was on offer. Warrior was all dressed up in his ring gear and face paint and was 'in the zone': talking to himself, muttering, getting into character. For some reason, he wasn't holding his plate level at all so whatever food he put on his plate kept sliding off. After this happened a few times, Brutus asked "Hey Jim, you need a hand?"

Warrior turns to him, throws his plate on the ground, points at his facepaint and yells "FUCK! WHEN I GOT MY SHIT ON, MY NAME 'AIN'T JIM!"

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »
This just in...one of my favorite crazies. RIP

Not sure if anyone posted it, but you should all check out his speech from Monday Night Raw. He died HOURS after it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR08M6EUd0g

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
Has definitely gotta be top 3. Tony atlas was ahead of his time and has gotta be up there also

Tony had a similar body to Sergio Oliva circa 1972.

chess315

« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
Tony had a similar body to Sergio Oliva circa 1972.
atlas was a strong ass hell also dont forget superstar billy grahm he wasnt so much a great body as just big and strong as hell competed in worlds strongest man

io856

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2014, 10:29:35 PM »
atlas was a strong ass hell also dont forget superstar billy grahm he wasnt so much a great body as just big and strong as hell competed in worlds strongest man

billy graham must have thought of arnie as a girlie man

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2014, 10:41:23 PM »
This is the best

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2014, 02:19:02 AM »

He did compete when he was younger but Im not sure how at what kind of level. Also, he had decent proportionate wheels, at least at the time.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2014, 02:36:58 AM »
yes IMO

Lex Luger and Rick Rude came close in terms of definition but never had the same powerful look.

But Tony Atlas has to have been the best built in a classic bodybuilding sense.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2014, 03:28:45 AM »
Getbigs very own Bob Chick was a fan...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2014, 04:21:36 AM »

He did compete when he was younger but Im not sure how at what kind of level. Also, he had decent proportionate wheels, at least at the time.

He was quite the talent - his genetic makeup screamed power especially when you take his height into account.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2014, 05:06:49 AM »

He did compete.....won the 84 Georgia State and competed in the NPC Nationals.
A

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2014, 05:09:33 AM »

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2014, 05:16:17 AM »
Unless somewhere along the line they have managed to cultivate and master another profession, or line of work... it's pretty much all they've got.

Professional wrestling is more than a full-time job.

I'm fairly certain that once you realize you are good at what you do and have chosen it as your career, especially in that line of work, or even bodybuilding, you pretty much have to figure if that's where it started, that's where it's gonna end.

I believe it would be the same for even a truckdriver. There just simply is not enough time to master another profession.

I was fortunate. I managed to begin with three professions and I managed to juggle them and still be consistent in my work and now I am retiring in the one that I knew I would retire into, and it does not and will not consume me. I won't let it.

I had to pay the price by working 24/7 for the first 35 years, and I am still paying for that physically and mentally, but now (hopefully) I can retire comfortably and gracefully without having to kill myself to continue making enough money to pay the bills and enjoy myself once in a while..

Pro Wrestlers deserve a lot of respect for what they do. The time they spend on film is so small compared to the rest of what they do.... like travel...and train... ALL THE TIME! Fuck that! Unless you want to be single for the rest of your life and live like a nomad... and possibly make a bunch of money... maybe...

Go for it?

Sometimes I have to wonder why the Rolling Stones don't retire. You know each of them has enough money to buy whatever they want and retire without ever worrying about finances.

Shit gets in your blood and it doesn't go away even when u r as old as fuck.

Good post, well said. 

When my dad was wrestling he was on the road 300 days a year sometimes. Although there was no drugs back then, it was a rough life and hard on marriages and family's.  I'm glad that when it came time for my father to retire, he did and didn't look back. It would have been so sad to see him lenger around like so many over the past few years.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2014, 05:17:07 AM »
atlas
rocky Johnson
putski'at times'
snuka'mid 70's early 80's sick build
rude
luger
DINO BRAVO 'MONSTER'
WARLORD
Kerry von erich
jim powers
paul roma 'great build'
don muraco 'later version'crazy vascularity.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2014, 05:24:08 AM »
wrestling and bodybuilding is only negative and unhealthy, it's better to study specific subjects and science, nature, exploration and space in general

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2014, 07:25:09 AM »
Here is an ol skool warrior back stage story ......

One story that I liked, and I can believe (though honestly, who knows if it's true) was that Ultimate Warrior and Brutus The Barber Beefcake were in the back at this house show, getting the paltry catering that was on offer. Warrior was all dressed up in his ring gear and face paint and was 'in the zone': talking to himself, muttering, getting into character. For some reason, he wasn't holding his plate level at all so whatever food he put on his plate kept sliding off. After this happened a few times, Brutus asked "Hey Jim, you need a hand?"

Warrior turns to him, throws his plate on the ground, points at his facepaint and yells "FUCK! WHEN I GOT MY SHIT ON, MY NAME 'AIN'T JIM!"

I completely believe this story. When I was 13 I went to taping of Saturday Night's Main event in Landover, MD. My father's friend was a rigger who worked backstage and set up the lights for all the events at the now defunct Cap Center. This was late 1987.

Anyways....My father, me and my cousin were granted backstage access to meet with this friend of my dad's. We saw all the wrestlers that were on the card for that night. It was awesome. The first guy we saw getting out of limo was Macho Man Randy Savage. He looked at us smiled and said 'How y'all doin?' That was pretty cool.

Then we saw Andre the Giant heading for the food catering. He was fucking enormous and had the biggest head I've ever seen. He was involved in the main event against Hogan and Dibiase. Actually the main event was Savage and Honky Tonk man.

Ultimate warrior was wrestling a dark match to open the show. He was all decked out in his face paint and hyping himself up. I remember him breathing heavily and pysching himself up and pacing back and forth, looking at the floor. He looked pretty intense and he was jacked up. ahhh....good times as a kid.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2014, 07:44:22 AM »
Warrior was not a big boned guy; the same as most bodybuilder types.
Small joints and medium to small bones with big muscle bellies.
Considering this; Warrior put the best bodyslam ever on Andre
the Giant AFTER Andre got real heavy - around 550.
There were others who did very good slams on Andre when he was
around 400. Considering Warrior's overall size this was a very impressive feat.

Scott Hall (Razor Ramone) and Larry Zbyszko talk about this along with
talking about Arnold S. around the 2:50 mark.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2014, 07:44:46 AM »
I completely believe this story. When I was 13 I went to taping of Saturday Night's Main event in Landover, MD. My father's friend was a rigger who worked backstage and set up the lights for all the events at the now defunct Cap Center. This was late 1987.

Anyways....My father, me and my cousin were granted backstage access to meet with this friend of my dad's. We saw all the wrestlers that were on the card for that night. It was awesome. The first guy we saw getting out of limo was Macho Man Randy Savage. He looked at us smiled and said 'How y'all doin?' That was pretty cool.

Then we saw Andre the Giant heading for the food catering. He was fucking enormous and had the biggest head I've ever seen. He was involved in the main event against Hogan and Dibiase. Actually the main event was Savage and Honky Tonk man.

Ultimate warrior was wrestling a dark match to open the show. He was all decked out in his face paint and hyping himself up. I remember him breathing heavily and pysching himself up and pacing back and forth, looking at the floor. He looked pretty intense and he was jacked up. ahhh....good times as a kid.
Supossedly andre the giant was very rigid and not doing well by the late 80's early 90's ,stuck to same formula cause he couldn't move,U.W. and ANDRE had match and warrior was going crazy closethlining him and andre got pissed for real and through him around off script..