Author Topic: RIP - Ultimate Warrior...  (Read 37180 times)

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Damn RIP Ultimate Warrior...
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2014, 07:50:01 AM »
Anyone notice how red he looked?

If you've seen his Youtube videos, he's very red in the face in many of those videos as well.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2014, 07:53:54 AM »
Supossedly andre the giant was very rigid and not doing well by the late 80's early 90's ,stuck to same formula cause he couldn't move,U.W. and ANDRE had match and warrior was going crazy closethlining him and andre got pissed for real and through him around off script..

There's a youtube video of that match. Warrior was going for the splash move on a fallen Andre. Andre went off script and stuck his knees up and legit hurt Warrior.

Warrior always wrestled stiff and nearly always pissed off his opponents. His best matches were always against someone who had to carry him throughout a match. Rude and Savage always made Warrior look good in the ring. Rude was a legit tough guy and was known as someone you didn't mess with backstage. I'm sure he had to refrain from beating the piss out of Warrior on several occassions.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2014, 07:58:31 AM »
There's a youtube video of that match. Warrior was going for the splash move on a fallen Andre. Andre went off script and stuck his knees up and legit hurt Warrior.

Warrior always wrestled stiff and nearly always pissed off his opponents. His best matches were always against someone who had to carry him throughout a match. Rude and Savage always made Warrior look good in the ring. Rude was a legit tough guy and was known as someone you didn't mess with backstage. I'm sure he had to refrain from beating the piss out of Warrior on several occassions.
RUDE AND HIM HAD GREAT FEUD..I CAN SEE HIM PISSING OFF UNDERTAKER.HE WAS REAL LIFE SAME PERSON,JUICED UP,OPINIONATED,INTENSE GUY,HE HAS THAT LOOK,LIKE A GOOD SHREWD SALESPERSON WHO COULD SELL YOU THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE .

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2014, 07:59:43 AM »

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2014, 08:00:14 AM »
Ultimate Warrior was an electrifying personality, but he was a terrible wrestler.   Other than his signature 'body press' finishing move, all he did was run around the ring doing elbow smashes and clotheslines.   No technical 'wrestling' of any kind, ever.    

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »
IN tag teams especially he was uncomfortable to watch he would just go up and down the apron SHAKING OR PUMPING FISTS,JUMPING UP AND DOWN,then he gets tagged goes nuts 2 clothelines,gorilla press,gets the win.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2014, 08:13:53 AM »
Ultimate Warrior was an electrifying personality, but he was a terrible wrestler.   Other than his signature 'body press' finishing move, all he did was run around the ring doing elbow smashes and clotheslines.   No technical 'wrestling' of any kind, ever.    

And Hogan was any better?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2014, 08:16:06 AM »
LOL,,,YEAH FAMOUS LEG DROP,,1...2....3....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2014, 08:20:24 AM »

Yes...Hogan was better. Hogan had the skill set to perform technical moves if he chose to. Warrior refused to improve his skill set in the ring and just stuck to what worked for him. Can't blame him for that since he was a money making machine for Vince.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:24 AM »
Yes...Hogan was better. Hogan had the skill set to perform technical moves if he chose to. Warrior refused to improve his skill set in the ring and just stuck to what worked for him. Can't blame him for that since he was a money making machine for Vince.
Hogan also knew how to pace the match and draw the crowd to the finger pointing or wave when was in sleeper hold or a hold to then frency the crowd

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2014, 08:37:33 AM »
I used to love it when warrior would press the jobbers up over his head and throw them over the top rope to the floor.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »
Paul Roma probably had the best genetics for looking amazing if he juiced as hard as some of the others.  Word is that he was very lazy in the gym.  I saw him train once and he just took a fixed 40 barbell and did about 6-7 sets of bicep curls for 15 reps and then left the gym.  Gifted genes, but no work ethic.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2014, 09:24:30 AM »
Paul Roma probably had the best genetics for looking amazing if he juiced as hard as some of the others.  Word is that he was very lazy in the gym.  I saw him train once and he just took a fixed 40 barbell and did about 6-7 sets of bicep curls for 15 reps and then left the gym.  Gifted genes, but no work ethic.
he looked awesome  funny his nephew is a pro bber and he could have maybe been pro..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2014, 09:37:44 AM »
atlas
rocky Johnson
putski'at times'
snuka'mid 70's early 80's sick build
rude
luger
DINO BRAVO 'MONSTER'
WARLORD
Kerry von erich
jim powers
paul roma 'great build'
don muraco 'later version'crazy vascularity.
You forgot Dick the Bulldog Brower in this list NJ.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2014, 02:32:06 PM »

Ultimate Warrior was the best Pro-Wrestler that ever lived.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2014, 02:39:42 PM »
Gold dust is a more technical wrestler than the Ultimate Warrior.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2014, 03:05:28 PM »

Hogan could actually wrestle.   And earlier in his career he actually did wrestle.  It wasn't just ridiculous leg drops that he did in his peak.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »
Zepellin fan?

Good one, and yes, quite....

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2014, 04:54:40 PM »
Who's the tosser who suggests Warrior didn't have wheels?

The dude definitely had wheels. And good ones.

I recall reading an article during his peak where he said he never squats heavier than 500 pounds, but does that weight for sets and reps. No one who can do that has small legs.

Warrior was an extremely powerful man.

I missed meeting him in the very late '80s when he had come to my gym to train, and I arrived, according to my buds, only a few minutes after he had left. DAMN. But they told me he was strong as all hell, behind-the-neck pressing 275 for multiple reps and sets, like it was nothing.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »
Supossedly andre the giant was very rigid and not doing well by the late 80's early 90's ,stuck to same formula cause he couldn't move,U.W. and ANDRE had match and warrior was going crazy closethlining him and andre got pissed for real and through him around off script..

Bobby Heenan tells an Andre-Warrior story on the "Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD". It's a hoot.

I remember he had a match with Andre, and it almost ended his career. Andre used to like to take a clothesline. And he told him in the dressing room; he told him, "I'm going to swing with the clothesline; you duck. And, I'm going to hit the ropes and take two steps off. And then, hit me with the clothesline and I'm going to tie myself into the ropes!" And, Andre liked to do that spot.

So, Andre missed him with the clothesline. As soon as Andre turned around, he was there, 150 miles an hour......BANG!!!!
(Heenan emulates Warrior hitting Andre with a hard clothesline, before Andre was ready) And, I heard Boss go "MMMMMMMMMM!!!!" Something's going to happen here. Next night, same thing happens, 200 miles per hour....BANG!!!!! (Warrior hits Andre too hard with a clothesline again, before Andre is ready)......"MMMMMMMMM!!!"

Third night, 338 miles per hour.....And just as he gets there, Andre goes.....
(Heenan sticks out his arm with his fist clenched, emulating Andre's doing the same in the ring against Warrior) and hits the Warrior right between the eyes and cracked his paint. We're talking Earl Scheib job, here. His knees buckled; he grabbed onto the ropes (Heenan imitates a dizzy Ultimate Warrior, fumbling to get to ropes)...didn't really know where he was.

Next night, here comes the Warrior: (Heenan uses his fingers to describe Warrior cautiously running toward Andre and hitting him with a somewhat soft clothesline) Dink-da-dink-da-dink......BINK!!!! Andre looks at me and says, "He'll learn!!!" Andre just put his hand up and stopped him. He would stand on his hair; he would do all sorts of things to him. Andre just didn't like the guy, either.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2014, 09:44:20 PM »
IN tag teams especially he was uncomfortable to watch he would just go up and down the apron SHAKING OR PUMPING FISTS,JUMPING UP AND DOWN,then he gets tagged goes nuts 2 clothelines,gorilla press,gets the win.

Not a bad way to make a living if you ask me 8)

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2014, 06:25:13 AM »
Warrior fucking rules.