Author Topic: RIP - Ultimate Warrior...  (Read 37163 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: RIP - Ultimate Warrior...
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »
Old, but a must watch for wrestling fans.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2014, 01:32:50 PM »
 The Ultimate Warrior died from a massive heart attack, according to the medical examiner who conducted his autopsy last week.

Officials sai that the cause of death was determined to be "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" or heart disease.

The medical examiner classified Warrior's death as natural, meaning neither drugs nor alcohol were directly involved.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2014, 04:51:07 PM »
I'm sure they will do a memorial thingy for him tonight on RAW.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Damn RIP Ultimate Warrior...
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2014, 05:23:30 PM »
bizarre end to that video,,if his waist was much smaller he would have looked better ,it was  wide and rounded,ripped tho ,,but he was on a lot over long periods and maybe clean and jacked back up again last few yrs..

Warrior looks pretty well much stil full of TRT in this vid, I dont recommend TRT to anyone with any type of heart issue, it just accelerates premature death, I havent dont TRT in a long time now and did cycle it when i did, It certainly always effected aerobic capacity negatively.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:43 PM »
Warrior looks pretty well much stil full of TRT in this vid, I dont recommend TRT to anyone with any type of heart issue, it just accelerates premature death, I havent dont TRT in a long time now and did cycle it when i did, It certainly always effected aerobic capacity negatively.
So are you suggesting that excessive amounts of testosterone effect the body negatively at advanced ages?

I absolutely think that the body knows its not natural to have that much test running through it in your late 40's and 50's.

Then again, look at guys like Arnold, Sly, and even our own Wes.

You know what they say, when its your time........

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »
So are you suggesting that excessive amounts of testosterone effect the body negatively at advanced ages?

I absolutely think that the body knows its not natural to have that much test running through it in your late 40's and 50's.

What would you know about it, Porky?

ismoseppo

« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
What would you know about it, Porky?

hi me, how am I today?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »
He looked better when he first got out of wrestling and went off (or at least used less)

The last few years he was always red in the face which can indicate hypertension, a risk factor for a heart attack

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2014, 07:10:27 PM »

What im saying I stopped, I never used large dosages in my younger competitive days, ,never took more than TRT after retiring and even then did so periodically, but as I have watched others all be it people who have taken much larger dosages than myself drop, I have adopted the view that I no longer want even TRT, it gives my natural body a false sense of recovery, it sucks especially the first 6 months, but after a while you realise that as you age if you want to continue to age not die prematurely you need to listen to your body and have regular checks, do I miss the TRT hell yes, and I will forever be tempted as only training natural can you realise how much 100mg of test a week does. But i have made my mind up and my aerobic capacity is much greater TRT free, its a personal thing and opinion but one im happy to share. The thickening of the blood is something all TRT users need to manage effectively, to me warriors body much like Youngbloods looks starved of oxygen, red  purple look is not healthy.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2014, 11:23:47 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2014, 08:27:27 AM »
What im saying I stopped, I never used large dosages in my younger competitive days, ,never took more than TRT after retiring and even then did so periodically, but as I have watched others all be it people who have taken much larger dosages than myself drop, I have adopted the view that I no longer want even TRT, it gives my natural body a false sense of recovery, it sucks especially the first 6 months, but after a while you realise that as you age if you want to continue to age not die prematurely you need to listen to your body and have regular checks, do I miss the TRT hell yes, and I will forever be tempted as only training natural can you realise how much 100mg of test a week does. But i have made my mind up and my aerobic capacity is much greater TRT free, its a personal thing and opinion but one im happy to share. The thickening of the blood is something all TRT users need to manage effectively, to me warriors body much like Youngbloods looks starved of oxygen, red  purple look is not healthy.

It's nice to see a rational person on here.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2014, 05:45:43 AM »
dirty laundry

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2014, 06:44:08 AM »
In Warriors case it could have just been heart attack that would've happened anyway. Obviously his heavy steroid use contributed and he was on high doses for a prolonged period of time. But unlike many other cases of wrestlers dying young they are nearly always heavy steroids users AND use other drugs and alcohol (esp prescription painkillers and stimulants). They are very often very overweight too (muscle or fat) and have personal problems relating to addiction.

What was surprising about Warrior though was the reports on him that he was very health conscious throughout his career i.e. no recreational drugs, alcohol, fast food etc. Apparently at catering backstage he would eat grilled chicken and rice and then crumble a single chocolate cookie in his hand, sniff the crumbs to inhale the aroma and throw it in the bin. This was all he needed to "taste" sugary food. He also had a relatively short career meaning the 300 plus days on the road and bumping in the ring would not have affected him as much as many others.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2014, 07:17:09 AM »
In Warriors case it could have just been heart attack that would've happened anyway. Obviously his heavy steroid use contributed and he was on high doses for a prolonged period of time. But unlike many other cases of wrestlers dying young they are nearly always heavy steroids users AND use other drugs and alcohol (esp prescription painkillers and stimulants). They are very often very overweight too (muscle or fat) and have personal problems relating to addiction.

What was surprising about Warrior though was the reports on him that he was very health conscious throughout his career i.e. no recreational drugs, alcohol, fast food etc. Apparently at catering backstage he would eat grilled chicken and rice and then crumble a single chocolate cookie in his hand, sniff the crumbs to inhale the aroma and throw it in the bin. This was all he needed to "taste" sugary food. He also had a relatively short career meaning the 300 plus days on the road and bumping in the ring would not have affected him as much as many others.

Pretty interesting. It definitely shows the importance of genetics since his father died at 57 and his grandfather at 52 due to heart problems.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »

This is why I always eat the cake now. When I was young and dumb I would pass on the cake.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »
Apparently at catering backstage he would eat grilled chicken and rice and then crumble a single chocolate cookie in his hand, sniff the crumbs to inhale the aroma and throw it in the bin. This was all he needed to "taste" sugary food. He also had a relatively short career meaning the 300 plus days on the road and bumping in the ring would not have affected him as much as many others.

Plain and simple why he was the Ultimate Warrior! 

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2014, 10:11:16 PM »
The final "The Ultimate legend" mini documentary here..

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2014, 01:51:40 AM »
Watched this a few times.

What I don't like is that so many of the people talking on here praising him are the same ones that bashed him on the first DVD.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2014, 05:41:25 AM »
Watched this a few times.

What I don't like is that so many of the people talking on here praising him are the same ones that bashed him on the first DVD.

Tunes suddenly change when people pass.  Not always, but often.  Why?  Not sure.  Many people exit this life as scumbags.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2014, 05:44:10 AM »
Great documentary.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2014, 08:00:24 AM »

Holy fuck. PROPHESIED !!!! My condolences to all you fucking idiot wrestling fans.

TRIBUTE

Epic Tribute Reboot for my Favorite Fallen Wrassler of all time, The Ultimate Warrior. Gone but not forgotten. Snap into a slimjim.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2014, 09:56:57 AM »
Tunes suddenly change when people pass.  Not always, but often.  Why?  Not sure.  Many people exit this life as scumbags.

I can understand to an extent the criticism of Warrior a few years back.

He himself was very critical of others involved with the wrestling business. I remember him calling Droz (a wrestler who was legit paralyzed from the neck down and was employed as a presenter briefly by WWE) "the cripple" in a statement he released. He was very difficult to work with in his prime and the main reason for him falling out with the WWF was because he held the company to ransom for a large sum of money, saying he would not turn up for an advertised PPV main event match unless his demands were met.

Just because he recently made peace and passed away doesn't take away the fact that he did do some very shitty things in his past.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2014, 11:16:58 AM »
I can understand to an extent the criticism of Warrior a few years back.

He himself was very critical of others involved with the wrestling business. I remember him calling Droz (a wrestler who was legit paralyzed from the neck down and was employed as a presenter briefly by WWE) "the cripple" in a statement he released. He was very difficult to work with in his prime and the main reason for him falling out with the WWF was because he held the company to ransom for a large sum of money, saying he would not turn up for an advertised PPV main event match unless his demands were met.

Just because he recently made peace and passed away doesn't take away the fact that he didn't do some very shitty things in his past.

I get what you're saying, but I think although some do go to their graves as scumbags, I do believe that others do make amends for their wrongdoings, do seek forgiveness from those they've wronged, do give out forgiveness to others that have wronged them and do allow the past to be the past.

I saw a lot of that in that documentary and of course we can speculate the amount of WWE spin involved, but I've seen the years of angry videos against Hogan and I saw the reconciliation between the two of them on camera.  It may not have been complete in that moment, but it was certainly there.  I believe it was absolutely there between UW and the McMahons.

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2014, 11:53:08 AM »
Thanks for the link to this excellent documentary.
Great Man.
RIP