Author Topic: Nevada Rancher Taking on Gov’t, Battle Reaching Breaking Point  (Read 8154 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Is it legal to hang cattle rustlers? ???

Sheriff should step in and run these tyrants off. The Bureau of Land Management set up "First Amendment Zones" in Clark County where  they would allow people to exercise their First Amendment rights. The governor did say that's highly offensive, but he won't stand up for States rights either. The ranchers son was arrested, roughed up and held overnight by the BLM for taking photos of their invasion from a public road.

It will cost the Feds $3,000,000 to steal all these cattle.

Armed Fed Agents and Snipers? Nevada Rancher Is Taking on the Gov’t in a Battle That’s Reaching a Breaking Point

Apr. 8, 2014 9:27am Becket Adams   

Armed federal agents deployed last week to northeast Clark County, Nev., for what can only be described as a major escalation in a decades-long standoff between a local cattle rancher and the U.S. government.

Cliven Bundy, the last remaining rancher in the southern Nevada county, stands in defiance of a 2013 court order demanding that he remove his cattle from public land managed by the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Land Management.

The 67-year-old veteran rancher, who has compared the situation to similar confrontations with government officials in Ruby Ridge and Waco, Texas, told TheBlaze that his family has used land in the 600,000-acre Gold Butte area since the late 1800s.

“I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he said, explaining that among them is the right to forage.

Read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/08/armed-fed-agents-and-snipers-the-decades-long-battle-between-the-govt-and-a-nevada-rancher-that-has-finally-reached-breaking-point/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Nevada Rancher Taking on Gov’t, Battle Reaching Breaking Point
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 04:28:33 AM »
***“I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he said, explaining that among them is the right to forage.***

I dont understand his beef here...

He's always been allowed to raise his cattle on land that belonged to the govt.
The govt decided they no longer wanted people raising cattle... on their land.
They asked him to leave.
He suddenly compares their "please get your cows off our lawn" to Waco, where feds used guns, poor tactics, and wasted people?

I think dude's being a little dramatic here.  Buy your own 600,000 acres and use it as you wish.  He sounds like a liberal... upset that his govt handouts have stopped under Obama? 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:59:03 AM »

:D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 05:21:13 AM »
***“I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he said, explaining that among them is the right to forage.***

They asked him to leave.
He suddenly compares their "please get your cows off our lawn" to Waco, where feds used guns, poor tactics, and wasted people?

I think dude's being a little dramatic here.  Buy your own 600,000 acres and use it as you wish.  He sounds like a liberal... upset that his govt handouts have stopped under Obama? 

In Nevada the law says you can graze your cattle on public land. Fuck the feds

agenda21nwo

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 05:37:17 AM »

They asked him to leave.

You are such a transparent government schill.  THEIR LAND?   How about OUR LAND.  It is THE PEOPLE'S land.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 05:53:44 AM »
You are such a transparent government schill.  THEIR LAND?   How about OUR LAND.  It is THE PEOPLE'S land.

I agree but is he paying for or cleaning up the land he uses?  He pays taxes but im sure what he pays in taxes is less than the impact he has on the land.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 06:16:28 AM »
The BLM said they took Dave Bundy into custody following his “failure to comply with multiple requests by BLM law enforcement to leave the temporary closure area on public lands.”

Carol Bundy said five officials took Dave and “threw him on the ground.”

“One put his knee on his head, the other put his boot on his head and pushed him into the gravel,” she said. “He’s got quite a bruised head. Just bruised him up pretty good.”

Environmentalists are praising the government’s forceful actions, which are being taken to protect the “desert tortoise.”

“We’re heartened and thankful that the agencies are finally living up to their stewardship duty,” said Rob Mrowka, a Nevada-based senior scientist with the Center for Biological Diversity. “The Gold Butte area has been officially designated as critical habitat for threatened tortoises—meaning the area is essential to their long-term survival as a species.”

This govt really sucks 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 06:28:28 AM »
This is a leftist police state run amok.  And these agents are really showing how useless this govt it - instead of protecting the border they are busting this guys' balls

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 07:02:31 AM »
Based on this..240 has a point. Its Gov land..the reasons why the gov is doing this are complete horse shit...further they had snipers locking in on people for taking pictures of the gov removing cattle. This is fucked up and is no longer being handled well by the Gov. Read the shit on Waco that ran a few weeks ago. The gov fucked that up from the get go. 
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 07:15:06 AM »
Based on this..240 has a point. Its Gov land..the reasons why the gov is doing this are complete horse shit...further they had snipers locking in on people for taking pictures of the gov removing cattle. This is fucked up and is no longer being handled well by the Gov. Read the shit on Waco that ran a few weeks ago. The gov fucked that up from the get go. 

The govt is out of control.  This is a police state now. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 08:18:31 AM »
There 's a list somewhere of Gov agencies who have swat teams. Its ridiculous...
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 08:21:05 AM »
It's not like they're fcking with him, on his own property.   It's govt land.  

Did they change policy?  Yes.  They informed him of a temporary closure of one section, and he went apeshit on them.

Maybe the policy sucks.  Maybe dude should run for office or start a lobbying company or just feed 600,000 cattle on his own property.  Maybe anyone should be allowed to use any govt lands for any purpose.  But those things, you handle legally.  When a man with badge says to leave this section of govt property - You leave.  Don't "make your stand" because your for-profit cattle company needs to graze.  Move your cattle or just buy your own property and let them eat there.

Dude overreacted - and him screaming about WACO is way overboard.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 08:22:38 AM »
It's not like they're fcking with him, on his own property.   It's govt land.  

Did they change policy?  Yes.  They informed him of a temporary closure of one section, and he went apeshit on them.

Maybe the policy sucks.  Maybe dude should run for office or start a lobbying company or just feed 600,000 cattle on his own property.  Maybe anyone should be allowed to use any govt lands for any purpose.  But those things, you handle legally.  When a man with badge says to leave this section of govt property - You leave.  Don't "make your stand" because your for-profit cattle company needs to graze.  Move your cattle or just buy your own property and let them eat there.

Dude overreacted - and him screaming about WACO is way overboard.  

240 - "I am a libertarian"    - lmfao 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 08:26:44 AM »
My question is does the ranchers use of the land for cattle cause greater cost to the tax payer and does it also effects other tax payers right to use the land?  
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 08:28:01 AM »
My question is does the ranchers use of the land for cattle cause greater cost to the tax payer and does it also effects other tax payers right to use the land?  

No - its about some stupid fucking turtle! 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 08:29:05 AM »
No - its about some stupid fucking turtle! 

A god damn turtle?  Turtle soup anyone?
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »
Yeah.....

They have those at NTC/ FT Irwin CA. They have area's that you can roll into...blocked off in the middle of nowhere. We had a rotation prior to rolling in to Iraq in 2003. An LT from another company, arrogant prick..breached into the turtle sanctuary after being told point blank that he wasn't supposed to do it...they tried to block his tank with a vehicle...he rolled right past and went in. Killed one as I remember. In any event they relieved his ass on the spot and I get a call a few hours later that I was getting an extra officer. I had him all the way through Bagdad...good kid, kicked ass...the event humbled him. We tried to salvage his career but they kicked him out.
L

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 12:46:32 PM »

Nevada Governor Calls Federal Cattle Roundup ‘Intimidation’

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas/AP) — Nevada’s governor is criticizing a federal cattle roundup and what he calls “intimidation” in a dispute with a rancher who claims longstanding grazing rights on open range outside Las Vegas.

Federal Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service officials didn’t immediately respond Wednesday to Republican Gov. Brian Sandoval’s call for the BLM to “reconsider its approach.”

Sandoval says he’s most offended that federal officials have tried to corral people protesting the roundup into a “First Amendment area.”

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/09/nevada-governor-calls-federal-cattle-roundup-intimidation/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »
This is the leftist paradise - comply with every little stupid fucking reg, edict or get stomped out of existence. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
I wish the Governor would send in the National Guard to attack these Federal criminals.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
This is the leftist paradise - comply with every little stupid fucking reg, edict or get stomped out of existence. 

dude, what happened to the days when republicans respected the fcking law, and it was liberal/dems/lawbreakers that thought they were above the law?

Sheesh, it's so confusing.  Repubs are the morally strong - they follow the law, they don't lie, they don't settle for amnesty - they are the HIGHER GROUND when it comes to these moral things.  Suddenly we're pissed at dems for enforcing the law, and saying repubs should ignore the law?  WTF? 

Obama is here illegally - should we ignore that law and let him stay?
That idiot dem in state congress in Cali - should we just "skirt" the law and let him run guns?

33, what about that colorado lawmaker that illegally carries (and leaves!) guns in govt buildings - let's just give a wink and a nod, I think you said?

DUDE - Let's start enforcing the fcking law.  If you don't like the law - CHANGE IT.  Win House in 2014 and white house in 2016 and CHANGE the laws.  Everytime I see repubs/conservatives saying "just break the law, brah, it's cool", they aren't realizing they're turning into the scum liberals they detest.  :(

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 05:29:17 AM »
Maybe AG holder will ship the rancher some firearms after all the ranch is "kinda" close to Mexico....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 08:04:46 AM »
I think these govt lands should be given to all the illegal aliens that Jeb is inviting to stay.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 08:15:00 AM »
The guy had some cattle on public land.....nowhere in there does it require snipers...nowhere. Just like at Waco....Ruby Ridge was different. The guy was involved with weapons.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 08:20:54 AM »
This is about radical enviro Nazi communist shitbags getting the Obama junta to stomp out a rancher.  And useful idiots like 240 eat it up always./