Author Topic: HIIT Cardio Can Save Your Life If Tragedy Strikes  (Read 2747 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
HIIT Cardio Can Save Your Life If Tragedy Strikes
« on: April 09, 2014, 03:05:03 AM »
Don't watch the whole video as it gets very ugly unless it doesnt bother you, For the relevance part: I watched the beginning of the video over a few times for my own educational purposes, the only guys who got caught are the ones who hesitated to run and sprint, plus they seemed out of shape, poor running form and not wearing propper foot wear to move quick enough (sandals). The quickest one was the least in danger.

This is why I always insist on my bodybuilding friends, do your cardio, a couple of HIIT sessions a week are best, you'll never know when you need it. A crazy ex could swerve towards you in a car (happened to me), a mad dog could jump a gate and there's a truck 30 metres away you could jump on top off, an earth quake or a tsunami where you might need to carry your child on your shoulder and run to safety....the situations are endless....do cardio. Furthermnore, it's good heart etiquette.

I don't wake up everyday worrying about these things, infact they don't even cross my mind 99% of the time. But its nice to know its there if you needed it.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
S

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Re: HIIT Cardio Can Save Your Life If Tragedy Strikes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 03:10:35 AM »
As a cutting twink I do 30-40min cardio every day in addition to the gym. Feels good not getting outof breath justby climbing some stairs.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 03:11:58 AM »
I think many here have forgotten the main reason why man first started working out... and that is for survival and combat.

With that said the vid was less an issue of fitness and more one of fight or flight...and well, freezing.  

Good thread tho Skorp1o.

A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 03:13:07 AM »
Dat 2nd amendment + concealed carry

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 03:21:22 AM »

This will solve 99% of eventualities.  With one little gun in that situation above no one would touch you.
S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 03:22:10 AM »

Dunno if a concealed roscoe can help if you let 6 guys with machetes get within arms length. Seems like game over at that point. Maybe finding their way out of "Condition White" would have been more useful.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 03:29:25 AM »
Dunno if a concealed roscoe can help if you let 6 guys with machetes get within arms length. Seems like game over at that point. Maybe finding their way out of "Condition White" would have been more useful.

I think if you're quick enough and pop the first one in the face or the chest the situation might flip.

Even if you just pull out and fire two three shots their way, unless you're against a maniac out of it who needs to be dropped, most calculated criminals will flee/hide.
S

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 03:36:26 AM »

I envisioned the criminals reeling as the first shot unexpectedly rings out and drops one of them, subsequently scattering or otherwise being shocked enough such that the defender gains some maneuverability.

P.S. I didn't even watch the video and have no fucking idea what I'm talking about

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 03:48:05 AM »
Since the number one killer of man is a heart attack it just makes sense to train the heart muscle. Most bodybuilders don't care because you can't parade your heart muscle in da club. Another big reason is gassing in a fight. Bodybuilders will say they don't want to do serious cardio maybe just walking on a treadmill because they will lose cosmetic posing muscle.  As the video shows sometimes the best survival mode is just running away. 

I do think the video is fake. A sharp  sword or machete would have killed the guy quickly. It would have cut off his arms with a single hard hit and the hit to his head would be game over. I have seen videos of guys cutting a pig head completely off a live pig in one slice. Also a video of a side of beef being cut in half with one slice of a sword. If the video was real he would have been in pieces.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 04:07:18 AM »
I do think the video is fake. A sharp  sword or machete would have killed the guy quickly. It would have cut off his arms with a single hard hit and the hit to his head would be game over. I have seen videos of guys cutting a pig head completely off a live pig in one slice. Also a video of a side of beef being cut in half with one slice of a sword. If the video was real he would have been in pieces.

Dull shitty swords, if you look carefully the guys hands are dangling by a thread and fingers start to look chopped and wiggly, at one point you can see the sword breaking the forearm and the the bone dangling down. Poor quality vid but this was on the news, the guy in the shot 'he was died' later.
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 04:13:36 AM »
usually, when people go clubbing, it doesn't involve actual clubbing.

It's so funny how fast the roles would have been reversed if the attack victim was armed.  Just 11 shots from a glock would radically change things.

Also, standing around on the corner like that, they were up to no good.  Nobody here was attacked on their way to sunday school.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 04:23:05 AM »
I have seen videos of guys cutting a pig head completely off a live pig in one slice. Also a video of a side of beef being cut in half with one slice of a sword.

Lucky you  ::)
O

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 05:15:42 AM »
Don't watch the whole video as it gets very ugly unless it doesnt bother you, For the relevance part: I watched the beginning of the video over a few times for my own educational purposes, the only guys who got caught are the ones who hesitated to run and sprint, plus they seemed out of shape, poor running form and not wearing propper foot wear to move quick enough (sandals). The quickest one was the least in danger.

This is why I always insist on my bodybuilding friends, do your cardio, a couple of HIIT sessions a week are best, you'll never know when you need it. A crazy ex could swerve towards you in a car (happened to me), a mad dog could jump a gate and there's a truck 30 metres away you could jump on top off, an earth quake or a tsunami where you might need to carry your child on your shoulder and run to safety....the situations are endless....do cardio. Furthermnore, it's good heart etiquette.

I don't wake up everyday worrying about these things, infact they don't even cross my mind 99% of the time. But its nice to know its there if you needed it.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Two guys were hit, the first guy closer to the camera did no have a chance, even if he was Usain Bolt, he could not see that the guy in the car was currying a sword, the second guy that got hit ( he was on his bike ) he spend a couple precious second watching the attack, that cost him his life.
Also there are more details here
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b3f_1387896686

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »
that bestgore website is full of this horrendous stuff.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »
This is why we have guns in America.

all drugs - TPPIIP

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »
I think many here have forgotten the main reason why man first started working out... and that is for survival and combat.

With that said the vid was less an issue of fitness and more one of fight or flight...and well, freezing.   

Good thread tho Skorp1o.

hey stud, you going to go into your pro tris tribute thread and answer the photoshop allegations?

hard to believe you shopped that pic and STILL look that shitty. hahahahaha
b

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 02:59:46 PM »
hey stud, you going to go into your pro tris tribute thread and answer the photoshop allegations?

hard to believe you shopped that pic and STILL look that shitty. hahahahaha

Lmao, hunting him down everywhere lol
S