Author Topic: Only Three Have Been Waterboarded by CIA  (Read 1447 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Only Three Have Been Waterboarded by CIA
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »
This is an old story, but I didn't know water boarding was so limited.  

Exclusive: Only Three Have Been Waterboarded by CIA
By Brian Ross And Richard Esposito
Nov 2, 2007 1:25pm

For all the debate over waterboarding, it has been used on only three al Qaeda figures, according to current and former U.S. intelligence officials. As ABC News first reported in September, waterboarding has not been used since 2003 and has been specifically prohibited since Gen. Michael Hayden took over as CIA director.  Officials told ABC News on Sept. 14 that the controversial interrogation technique, in which a suspect has water poured over his mouth and nose to stimulate a drowning reflex as shown in the above demonstration, had been banned by the CIA director at the recommendation of his deputy, Steve Kappes. Hayden sought and received approval from the White House to remove waterboarding from the list of approved interrogation techniques first authorized by a presidential finding in 2002. The officials say the decision was made sometime last year but has never been publicly disclosed by the CIA.

. . . .

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2007/11/exclusive-only/

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Only Three Have Been Waterboarded by CIA
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »
Yeah right lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »
Yeah right lol

They could be lying, but as opportunistic as people can be, I think someone would have written a book by now if the number was way off.  Article is from 2007. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »
This is an old story, but I didn't know water boarding was so limited.  

Exclusive: Only Three Have Been Waterboarded by CIA
By Brian Ross And Richard Esposito
Nov 2, 2007 1:25pm

For all the debate over waterboarding, it has been used on only three al Qaeda figures, according to current and former U.S. intelligence officials. As ABC News first reported in September, waterboarding has not been used since 2003 and has been specifically prohibited since Gen. Michael Hayden took over as CIA director.  Officials told ABC News on Sept. 14 that the controversial interrogation technique, in which a suspect has water poured over his mouth and nose to stimulate a drowning reflex as shown in the above demonstration, had been banned by the CIA director at the recommendation of his deputy, Steve Kappes. Hayden sought and received approval from the White House to remove waterboarding from the list of approved interrogation techniques first authorized by a presidential finding in 2002. The officials say the decision was made sometime last year but has never been publicly disclosed by the CIA.

. . . .

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2007/11/exclusive-only/

::)
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »
They could be lying, but as opportunistic as people can be, I think someone would have written a book by now if the number was way off.  Article is from 2007. 

Maybe they have or.maybe no one ever took the article seriously.   I don't remember hearing about it at all. 

Because no way that's the truth.  It's absurd to even consider it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »
Maybe they have or.maybe no one ever took the article seriously.   I don't remember hearing about it at all. 

Because no way that's the truth.  It's absurd to even consider it. 

I don't know one way or the other.  I don't have any reason to believe it is a much larger number, but I had never thought about it.  I probably assumed it was a large number though.   

Why do you think it's absurd to even consider it? 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
Plagiarizer.   ::)

If you think only 3 people got waterboarded....you're as delusional as Dorian Yates
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »

If you think only 3 people got waterboarded....you're as delusional as Dorian Yates

You have some inside info on this?  What is the actual number?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
You have some inside info on this?  What is the actual number?

of course he has no idea.  he's guessing.  you'd think he would be happy that maybe we don't torture as many people as we have been led to believe.  for some reason liberals WANT to believe that we're evil.  I don't get it.  

do I believe it?  I don't know.  I'm not so ignorant to think that I have privy to even the smallest amount of information that would allow me to even have an opinion on shit like this.  

but remember.  liberals know EVERYTHING.  so he's got that going for him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 11:29:37 AM »
of course he has no idea.  he's guessing.  you'd think he would be happy that maybe we don't torture as many people as we have been led to believe.  for some reason liberals WANT to believe that we're evil.  I don't get it.  

do I believe it?  I don't know.  I'm not so ignorant to think that I have privy to even the smallest amount of information that would allow me to even have an opinion on shit like this.  

I agree.  If this happened under Obama, liberals would jump all over the small number. 

But I'm with you:   I don't really know. 

Although as I indicated earlier, I do believe if the number was much larger somebody would have probably tried to profit off of this during the past seven years. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 11:33:35 AM »
I agree.  If this happened under Obama, liberals would jump all over the small number.  

But I'm with you:   I don't really know.  

Although as I indicated earlier, I do believe if the number was much larger somebody would have probably tried to profit off of this during the past seven years.  

before 2008 Guantanamo was a HUGE issue.  after 2008, NOTHING......I repeat.....NOTHING has changed with Guantanamo...... NOTHING.....

but no one says a word about it anymore.  i'd like to say "I don't get it".  but I do get it.  and it's ridiculous.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »

WTF?  "Torture"? 

Waterboarding is an "advanced interrogation technique", ok? 

Please quit listening to those liberals.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »

WTF?  "Torture"? 

I go through a lot worse most weekends - f these sand N's

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »

WTF?  "Torture"? 

oops sorry before 2008 it was called torture.  maybe that's why I called it that. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »

WTF?  "Torture"? 

and I take it you're pretty pissed off that Obama hasn't closed Guantanamo yet right?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 12:11:20 PM »
and I take it you're pretty pissed off that Obama hasn't closed Guantanamo yet right?

Hell yes!  Drone attacks are bullshit, too. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
Hell yes!  Drone attacks are bullshit, too. 

its just funny to me that back in 2007 there were 10 threads a day on waterboarding.  it was an absolutely HUGE issue in the 2008 presidential campaign. 

Everyone cheered, some cried tears of joy, and everyone lauded Barack Obama as the ultimate humanitarian when he promised to close Guantanamo.

and he didn't and absolutely nothing has changed at Guantanamo.  so why is this issue kept so quiet now?  weird.  it's like its not as important an issue now.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »
its just funny to me that back in 2007 there were 10 threads a day on waterboarding.  it was an absolutely HUGE issue in the 2008 presidential campaign. 

Everyone cheered, some cried tears of joy, and everyone lauded Barack Obama as the ultimate humanitarian when he promised to close Guantanamo.

and he didn't and absolutely nothing has changed at Guantanamo.  so why is this issue kept so quiet now?  weird.  it's like its not as important an issue now.

I'm not so sure.  On pure liberal sites Obama's less-than-liberal actions are criticized but I think there's a feeling among libs that they don't want to add to all the anti-Obama noise if the reward is just to put some rightie in the WH. 

I'll tell you one thing, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the Nobel committee wishes they could have their peace prize back...

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »
I'm not so sure.  On pure liberal sites Obama's less-than-liberal actions are criticized but I think there's a feeling among libs that they don't want to add to all the anti-Obama noise if the reward is just to put some rightie in the WH. 

I'll tell you one thing, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the Nobel committee wishes they could have their peace prize back...

right.  this is just why I have become so cynical with regards to these elections.  I feel like an idiot for voting last election.  its all becoming so stupid.  

if it is something that we feel strongly about and we're dismissing it because the well being of a political party trumps the issue at hand, well we need to rethink what the fuck we're doing.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
Oh - poor baby - had water on his face.