Author Topic: Beginner who wants to get involved  (Read 2505 times)

The Replacement

• Getbig I
Beginner who wants to get involved
« on: January 20, 2006, 09:54:04 PM »
Hi All,

I am new to this website and to bodybuilding. Over the last 2-3 months I have been wanting to get into bodybuilding. I am overweight but am willing to do what it takes. As I have no idea where to start does anybody have any good starter tips, I really do not know where and how to begin. Thanks

The Replacement

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Beginner who wants to get involved
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 01:11:20 PM »
I think your biggest obstacle will be becoming dedicated to your workouts and diet.  What will come with time would be a lot of little things but getting dedicated from the get go is important.  That said, read what you can and talk to some of the big guys if you can at the gym or just observe, you know.  If you are overwieght I would fix your intake to cut out any junk from the beginning like snacks or potato chips or ALL SUGAR (if you can).  From there you can learn to track your protien and carb intakes and supplement as necessary. 

As far as your workout goes, I wouldn't start out thinking of yourself as a bodybuilder, but as a wieghtlifter.  Start 3 or 4 days a week and stick with it.  Keep your form relatively proper and add exercises as you go.  There are plenty of discussions here on lifting that you can chime in or just read along, maybe adding a question.  Track your progress...a rep or two a week on an exercise is a good gain. 

Lastly, be prepared to have letdowns that you may (or may not) be able to overcome.  You are going to have weaknesses expose themselves, you are going to lose motivation, you are going to have a decrease in gains down the road.  No problem, deal with it, thats who you are.