Author Topic: is it worth the money to hire a dietitian?  (Read 1201 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
is it worth the money to hire a dietitian?
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »
is it worth the money to hire a dietitian to write me a meal plan? something i could follow each day to lose some weight. I'm not having any luck losing any weight, still eating good but just too much food.
thinking about going to metro flex gym in long beach to see if they can recommend someone to talk about about a 6 meal a day diet. thanks for any info. judo

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: is it worth the money to hire a dietitian?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:17:58 PM »
You need to count your calories if it isn't working by just trying to eat healthy.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »
is it worth the money to hire a dietitian to write me a meal plan? something i could follow each day to lose some weight. I'm not having any luck losing any weight, still eating good but just too much food.
thinking about going to metro flex gym in long beach to see if they can recommend someone to talk about about a 6 meal a day diet. thanks for any info. judo

Sounds like you already know what going wrong: not the sort of food, but the amount. And for some reason you can't eat less.
What worked for Phreak and me was to switch to smaller plates. The same portion of food looks bigger on a breakfast plast, than on a dinner plate. And dessert plates are even smaller. It tricks you to feel you had a larger meal. We even changed the cutlery to smaller children's cutlery to complete the effect.  ;D

Would a dietitian tell you something new? Would you stick to his/her plan? And if so, why then and not now?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:58:24 AM »
I would recommend Disgusted here. His rates are very affordable and his advice is worth much much more. One of the best in the world easily.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 06:02:49 AM »
Sounds like you already know what going wrong: not the sort of food, but the amount. And for some reason you can't eat less.
What worked for Phreak and me was to switch to smaller plates. The same portion of food looks bigger on a breakfast plast, than on a dinner plate. And dessert plates are even smaller. It tricks you to feel you had a larger meal. We even changed the cutlery to smaller children's cutlery to complete the effect.  ;D

Would a dietitian tell you something new? Would you stick to his/her plan? And if so, why then and not now?

Plus I look like a giant using those tiny implements. 8)

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:05:52 AM »

No - find a decent trainer, take a pen and paper, pick his brains for an hour and then go away for 6-8 weeks and follow his plan. Unless you are prepping anything else is just babysitting when it comes to diet.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:09:02 AM »
No - find a decent trainer, take a pen and paper, pick his brains for an hour and then go away for 6-8 weeks and follow his plan. Unless you are prepping anything else is just babysitting when it comes to diet.
Sometimes it is not about knowledge, but having someone besides your regular company keeping tabs on you. Of course you could still cheat, but it is less likely for most.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 06:11:55 AM »
Sometimes it is not about knowledge, but having someone besides your regular company keeping tabs on you. Of course you could still cheat, but it is less likely for most.

Yes, also if you pay money for the diet plan, you are more likely to stick to it.

I paid for coaching once and it completely changed the way I approached diet/training.  I thought it was worth every penny

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 06:13:23 AM »
Marty Champions gives out free advice here daily why hire someone?

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »

Of course, but then it is babysitting. A results producing body composition (fat loss) trainer of regular people, not hardcore Getbig behemoths, does his best work if he can find a way to ensure that his client is compliant with the diet.  It's not easy and is the reason why most trainers don't get all that much in the way of results.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 06:17:35 AM »
Of course, but then it is babysitting. A results producing body composition (fat loss) trainer of regular people, not hardcore Getbig behemoths, does his best work if he can find a way to ensure that his client is compliant with the diet.  It's not easy and is the reason why most trainers don't get all that much in the way of results.
Exactly, babysitting. After education the most important job of a trainer.

the trainer

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »

A dietitian wont help you, your problem is self control, buy an appetite suppressant supplement maybe that might help.

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
I guess knowing that you are paying $200 a month for a dietitian, will further motivate you to follow their plan
I

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 10:30:47 AM »
uh why are you retarded?

are you unable to count protein, fats and carbs?

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »
uh why are you retarded?

are you unable to count protein, fats and carbs?

It's mostly towards people who are competing for the first time and don't know much about carb cycling, ketosis, sodium loading, peak week, water cycling. Plus, they need a source for the "FINISHING TOUCH"
I

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 12:56:55 PM »
hire chris aceto

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
the body isnt meant to restrict calories, in "life" you want to do all that you can , that requires more and more calories to cram in more stuff to your day and live a truly fulfilled life. go all out on healthy foods,

if you restrict your diet you restrict what you do in life
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 05:15:22 PM »
Marty Champions gives out free advice here daily why hire someone?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 05:18:52 PM »
Yes. Theres a reason so many competitive guys hire people to get them in shape.

I was stuck, losing motivation. ... I just paid someone and the tweaks and changes they made are worth every penny. Plus im sticking to it because I paid fucking money, dammit.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »
, still eating good but just too much food.

I have a way to help.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »

Exactly this is why Bradley beat Manny Pacquiao last time. Its on again Saturday night we'll see if Pacquiao has been eating too much much meat and gasses out again.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »
Do not eat before training,train in a fasted state,wait at least 45 minutes to one hour minimum before training.

If you must eat,drink either one of the meals below,but no carbs before you train.

I`m assuming you train early AM,if not,I can alter this to fit your schedule.

Meal # 1 - Pre-Workout:
Whey shake in water......1 scoop whey only
or
liquid eggwhites......enough to equal 25-30 gms. of protein

Meal # 2 - Post-Workout:

Whey shake in water......1 scoop whey only
1 medium sized baked potato (cook it in the microwave,put it in a baggie and bring it to the gym)

Meal # 3:
1 can tuna packed in water (not packed in oil)
lg. salad (non-fat dressing...2 Tbsp./ only 3 grams sugar or less)
1 medium sized baked potato
16 oz. water or Crystal-Lite

Meal # 4:
6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cups green beans
1 cup rice
16 oz. water

Meal # 5:
6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cups gree vegetables or another salad
16 oz. water or Crystal-Lite

Meal # 6:
10 eggwhites (scrambled in non-fat cooking spray)
or 6 oz. chicken breast
or another can of tuna
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
16 oz. water

Also,drink as much water,Crystal-Lite,diet soda,coffee, or tea as you possibly can during the course of the day..........taper off as night approaches or you`ll be up pissing all fucking night!!  :D

Fluid intake is very important....drink 16 oz. water at each meal............very important.

If you are literally dying for food between meals,tough it out but if it becomes unbearable,here`s a list of snack type foods you can eat:

Rice cakes -2-3 only..........add a thin layer of natty peanut butter and /or sugar free jelly if you want to...be careful as these become addictive!!  :D

Air-Popped popcorn..........you need an air-popcorn machine for this obviously.

Eat in moderation with butter spray and salt...............also drinking water with the popcorn and rice cakes makes them swell up giving you a feeling of having a full stomach.

Carrot stix and celery stix,more salads,sugar free Jello,1 Tbsp. of peanut butter with water

Try to get 1 gm. of protein per lb. of LEAN bodyweight,and then add 25-30 more grams for insurance purposes.

Try this out for a few weeks,make sure to work on eliminating bread and other junk foods...............will be tough at first,but try hard and this diet will work.