Author Topic: Any of the 30ish year olds have the urge to compete in a sport or something?  (Read 3703 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
My glory days were cut short a la Al Bundy. For a while now I've had the urge to compete again. I was thinking about getting back in bjj and grappling and actually competing this time.

I notice Soul Crusher probably has the similar drive to compete and test himself.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Yes actually. Im interested in playing tennis again and maybe some flag football.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
I feel like I have unfinished business. Plus, I love to train and grind. I probably like training more than anything.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Yes actually. Im interested in playing tennis again and maybe some flag football.

I'm trying to get my youngest one into tennis. Kind of expensive but worth it if they stick with it.
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
My glory days were cut short a la Al Bundy.

Hopefully they'll get cut short ala Ted Bundy, posthaste.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
My glory days were cut short a la Al Bundy. For a while now I've had the urge to compete again. I was thinking about getting back in bjj and grappling and actually competing this time.

I notice Soul Crusher probably has the similar drive to compete and test himself.

be inspired..

Simple Simon

Wolfox attempting to brush under the carpet his past indiscretions in this thread.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Your question sounds like 30ish year olds "competing in something" is somewhat "unusual" or "strange". Who taught you that?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Thinking of taking back up tennis. Not at national level as I played before, just club level and local leagues. Archery and 5-a-side football also come to mind.

I stopped all other sports in early 20's in case I got injured and couldn't lift  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ah well, older and wiser and still have my health.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Your question sounds like 30ish year olds "competing in something" is somewhat "unusual" or "strange". Who taught you that?

No one taught me that. But it is not normal for sure. Most 30ish year old's do not compete nor are they involved in any sport.

When I say compete... i mean training seriously and dedicated for a sport. For a grappling competition that would be dedicating multiple hours a day  ...6 days a week. strength training, conditioning training, bjj, judo etc. 

this is definitely not the norm.

A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
I've been playing 5 on 5 basketball lately. I suck but just do it for fun and exercise.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
No one taught me that. But it is not normal for sure. Most 30ish year old's do not compete nor are they involved in any sport.

When I say compete... i mean training seriously and dedicated for a sport. For a grappling competition that would be dedicating multiple hours a day  ...6 days a week. strength training, conditioning training, bjj, judo etc. 

Yeah ok, I get it. It sounded something like "whether it's worth it" to me. I thing age should be a motivation not vice versa to do something (sport) and excell at, to find ways to overcome obstacles (if there are any), that's what keeps your body competitive and in a best "peak mode" possible on the long run.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Through my 30's and 40's, I gradually -- due to recurring injury -- crossed off any sport that I was good at: first hockey, then basketball, then went softball and now I am capable of straining a pec throwing a football.

I am left with two ridiculous pseudo-sports: golf and bodybuilding  :-X

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
I always wondered what Ed O'Neil did before he was famous from MWC. I just saw him in a TV show sometime..

But recently, I went through Pacino's old shit. And in Cruising I saw him again, very young. I believe this was his first role in 1980.

Married with children is a awesome show that propelled three television actors into great careers.

"Bud" as most know him...  I saw in Sweden about three ears ago, he was at a sci-fi convention and bummed some cigarettes outside the entrance when I was leaving.

Yes I was at a Sci-fi convention, but for a good reason. :)

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
Never had an urge to compete in sports. I just dü it for fun.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion

That's incredibly difficult to keep up if you have any sort of demanding job, which is probably why it's uncommon

Simple Simon

But recently, I went through Pacino's old shit. And in Cruising I saw him again, very young.

I believe Pacino went through some shit researching his role for Cruising.

snx

• Getbig IV

Do it.

I picked up BJJ in my 30s and now compete (albeit with mixed results).

I had a high school/college wrestling background, which makes me effective in things traditional BJJ people are weak in, yet also very uncomfortable and awkward in other spots where I freak out and other BJJ guys are very comfortable.

It's lots of fun. As long you don't get some dickhead who thinks inverted heel locks are ok in white belt, and he rips your knee up. Good BJJ practitioners are a reflection of their sensei/renshi. Dicks beget dicks.

Simple Simon

Dicks beget dicks
Steady, old wolfox will be drooling at the mouth with comments like that.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
I believe Pacino went through some shit researching his role for Cruising.

Yes as a young man he probably was around.

Funny thing in that movie gay = mustache + lifting weights

Griffith

• Getbig V
No. I think differently now and don't see the point anymore especially of contact sports where the risk of injury is high.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Golf, softball, and a couple of obstacle runs a year.