Author Topic: Ultimate Warrior eye rolling thread  (Read 13110 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Ultimate Warrior eye rolling thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 08:56:28 AM »
I loved wrestling as a kid, even seen Andre the Giant at Festival Hall in Melbourne, but I did grow out of it.  I don't know if I respect such men, no different than football players.  You have to question the mindset of men who smash their bodies and deliberately fuck themselves up for entertaining the moronic masses.   I always just thought they had no self respect and no self esteem, like they believed they didn't matter enough to have a healthy body and mind to last them their lifetime.  It's almost like they allow themselves to be beat up to confirm their worthlessness, their unworthiness to live a decent healthy life.  It's a bizarre thing to sacrifice your health and wellbeing to entertain morons.

Once again, to each his own. I'm more of a fan of the behind the scenes politics as I've gotten older.

But to address your point....like all professional endeavors, whether sports or entertainment, these men have the mindset to want to be famous and/or wealthy.

So wrestling fans and football fans are morons? Your opinion is highly subjective.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 08:59:12 AM »
Once again, to each his own. I'm more of a fan of the behind the scenes politics as I've gotten older.

But to address your point....like all professional endeavors, whether sports or entertainment, these men have the mindset to want to be famous and/or wealthy.

So wrestling fans and football fans are morons? Your opinion is highly subjective.
Well, yes I do think wrestling and football fans are moronic, kind of proof how little the majority have evolved since we migrated away from caves.  But like you said, to each his own, if morons want to smash their bodies together to entertain other morons, who am I to stop them.
V

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 09:07:31 AM »
I wouldn't include bodybuilding in there. The guys who make it in wrestling are much bigger stars and make a lot more money than the people who make it in bodybuilding, Arnold being the only exception. Being champ of the WWE is far more lucrative than being Mr. O.
#1: The Rock Net Worth – $70 Million
#2: Steve Austin Net Worth – $45 Million
#3: John Cena Net Worth – $35 Million
#4: Big Show Net Worth – $30 Million
#5: Triple H Net Worth: $25 Million
#6: Kurt Angle Net Worth – $20 million
#7: Chris Jericho Net Worth – $18 Million
#8: Shawn Michaels Net Worth – $17 Million
#9: The Undertaker Net Worth – $16 Million
#10: Mick Foley Net Worth – $15 Million
#11: Bret Hart Net Worth – $14 Million
#12: Edge Net Worth – $14 Million
#13: Sting Net Worth – $13 Million
#14: Brock Lesnar Net Worth – $12.5 Million
#15: Goldberg Net Worth – $12 Million
#16: Batista Net Worth – $10 Million
#17: JBL Net Worth – $9 Million
#18: Rey Mysterio Net Worth – $8.5 Million
#19: Kevin Nash Net Worth – $8 Million
#20: CM Punk Net Worth – $7.5 Million
#21: Jerry Lawler Net Worth – $7 Million
#22: Randy Orton Net Worth – $6 Million
#23: Alberto Del Rio Net Worth – $6 Million
#24: Hulk Hogan Net Worth – $5 Million
***Hogan lost an estimated $25 million in his divorce from ex-wife Linda Hogan. Linda was awarded 70% of the couple's liquid assets, a 40% stake in all of Hulk's companies, six luxury cars and millions more in property***

#24: Ric Flair Net Worth – $5 Million
#25: The Miz Net Worth – $5 Million
#26: Rowdy Roddy Piper Net Worth – $4 Million
#27: Chyna Net Worth: $1.5 Million
Bonus:

Vince McMahon Net Worth – $500 Million
Randy Savage Net Worth – $8 Million

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
Well, yes I do think wrestling and football fans are moronic, kind of proof how little the majority have evolved since we migrated away from caves.  But like you said, to each his own, if morons want to smash their bodies together to entertain other morons, who am I to stop them.

moron, huh? Takes one to know one bub

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:05 AM »

Oh yeah football and wrestling fans are moronic, as opposed to fans of bodybuilding.  ::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »
Is Bob Backlund still alive? He was one of my favorites as a kid. He worked for McMahon before the whole thing blew up with Hogan and Wrestlemania. The WWWF, as it was known then, had one show a week on TV, which I think was on at like midnight on Saturday night. I would have to struggle to stay up to watch it. The outcomes of the matches were so easy to figure out, even for a little kid. The real good stuff would play out at the monthly show in Madison Square Garden, which was not televised.
YEAH CHOLO,,,backlund used his real wrestling moves/persona to his gimmick well,the garden matches were shown on our area nj/ct/nyc on msg channel and depending on the 'card' they would show the garden matches monthy ,usually the main event got cut off or if it was return bout or extra return bout they would sometimes not televise it.loved that era I was 11/12 so I 'believed'what I saw.LOL,,backlunds or wrestling turning point from old to new era started with return 'superstar billy graham'as karate trained from the orient shaved head came back destroyed backlunds old belt and new one designed,backlund has few great matches with graham,takes a beating from masked superstar,hurts neck,following month sheik takes an injured backlund title,next month packed garden sheik vs Hogan rest is history...so baclund/sheik had to put over each other to get to Hogan to be handing Hogan baton...

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 09:25:52 AM »
He stayed in the ring for 10 years too long; he is 49 in this pic.  He should have quit a decade ago.  Bah!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:17 AM »
He stayed in the ring for 10 years too long; he is 49 in this pic.  He should have quit a decade ago.  Bah!
almost the movie the wrestler...still muscular but broken down,drawing high school auditorium crowds,signing at small conventions for few hundred bucks,immortalized at peak in a video game,same script but for real,,that movie had some insight into this,,

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »

All of that HGH he took when he was younger. Little arms and shoulders compared to that distended belly. Looks ridiculous.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 09:36:39 AM »
When you stop to think of his physique, star power, and fan base it is strange to see he is not in the top tier when it comes to net worth.  Celebrity Net Worth tags him at at just $1.5 million.  Did he make a lot more and just burn through it all or did he just not make much money?  I'd be surprised if he had $1.5 at the time of his death. Bah!

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/wrestlers/ultimate-warrior-net-worth/

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 09:39:14 AM »
Oh yeah football and wrestling fans are moronic, as opposed to fans of bodybuilding.  ::)
Bodybuilding is even more moronic considering the lack of financial reward.  I don't like bodybuilding either, I appreciate strength training though.
V

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »

Hogan is doing the same thing and after way too many surgeries!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
We're about the same age. I thought it was legit too. Backlund's chicken wing was his big move from what I remember. I also remember Backlund used to do physical endurance feats like an hour of step ups or an hour with the ab roller.

We got cable late where I was so I didn't have MSG. It was great when we did get it. That was the first time I saw the NWA on TNT and got introduced to Ric Flair and those guys.

I'm embarrassed to admit but I bought wrestling mags back in those days (even more embarrassingly, when I got older I bought muscle mags).
X2,,I DID SAME THING MAYBE WE ARE RELATED LOL...

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »
Bodybuilding is even more moronic considering the lack of financial reward.  I don't like bodybuilding either, I appreciate strength training though.

Well I too appreciate strength training, more than bodybuilding, but I immensely respect the effort, dedication and mentality that goes into bodybuilding. I would never call anybody moronic because they are fans of something, whether it be bodybuilding, pro-wrestling or stamp collecting. Every individual is entitled to have their own tastes and preferences and if they are passionate about it, more power to them.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »

Fuck sakes. This was a one-off appearance. Guy had been retired for YEARS before this special appearance.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »
YEAH CHOLO,,,backlund used his real wrestling moves/persona to his gimmick well,the garden matches were shown on our area nj/ct/nyc on msg channel and depending on the 'card' they would show the garden matches monthy ,usually the main event got cut off or if it was return bout or extra return bout they would sometimes not televise it.loved that era I was 11/12 so I 'believed'what I saw.LOL,,backlunds or wrestling turning point from old to new era started with return 'superstar billy graham'as karate trained from the orient shaved head came back destroyed backlunds old belt and new one designed,backlund has few great matches with graham,takes a beating from masked superstar,hurts neck,following month sheik takes an injured backlund title,next month packed garden sheik vs Hogan rest is history...so baclund/sheik had to put over each other to get to Hogan to be handing Hogan baton...
'

Your writing is ridiculous. Clean this shit up so folks can actually read it without suffering a headache.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 10:52:36 AM »
In a street brawl, fact is, most MMA "warriors" would lose BIG to the average pro wrestler. I'm not talking about a staged match in a cage with rules and expected technical plans of attack. I am talking about two guys butting heads out of the blue and shit going down, in the blink of an eye.

Say all the crap you want. Warrior was an imposing fellow who in his prime could have caused serious damage to another through his sheer size, strength, intensity, and athleticism. He'd overwhelm.

And pro wrestler, for all its corniness and pre-scripted outcomes, features some incredible athletes.

Lots of twinks butthurt for life over the fact that there are men walking this planet who crush them in every sense possible.

Get over it and know your place, wimps.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 12:41:18 PM »
I seem to remember a warrior interview where he said he played college football.
Defensive end. Something about seeing that pro contract was out of reach and deciding to
try wrestling route.

Didn't find anything about it now... Maybe it was some other guy?

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »
In a street brawl, fact is, most MMA "warriors" would lose BIG to the average pro wrestler. I'm not talking about a staged match in a cage with rules and expected technical plans of attack. I am talking about two guys butting heads out of the blue and shit going down, in the blink of an eye.

Say all the crap you want. Warrior was an imposing fellow who in his prime could have caused serious damage to another through his sheer size, strength, intensity, and athleticism. He'd overwhelm.

And pro wrestler, for all its corniness and pre-scripted outcomes, features some incredible athletes.

Lots of twinks butthurt for life over the fact that there are men walking this planet who crush them in every sense possible.

I'm a huge mma fan and I have to agree if some of those old school pro wrestlers got there hands on an average mama fighter it would be lights out.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »

I don't think most would by the sheer fact that many MMA fighters start out as top wrestlers.  Add Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, boxing etc to the mix and pro wrestlers would get trashed.  Brock Lesnar did ok but even he couldn't handle top MMA fighters even after being trained to fight.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 04:07:47 PM »
I don't think most would by the sheer fact that many MMA fighter start out as top wrestlers.  Add Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, boxing etc to the mix and pro wrestlers would get trashed.  Brock Lesnar did ok but even he couldn't handle top MMA fighters even after being trained to fight.

Weak argument. I am talking about a street fight. Plus, Lesnar was fighting men who were rare in MMA: athletes who were very large and very strong. PLUS, Brock hadn't nearly the specific MMA training/experience that his opponents did, and he still did quite OK, by all accounts.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »
It's an interesting debate. I guess it comes down to what constitutes "average" MMA fighter?

If we are talking pound for pound I'm guessing Ultimate Warrior weighed in around 240 to 250?? That's MMA heavyweight size there and there's tons of MMA fighters at that size who would be tough to contend with for him in ring or a back alley.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »
#1: The Rock Net Worth – $70 Million
#2: Steve Austin Net Worth – $45 Million
#3: John Cena Net Worth – $35 Million
#4: Big Show Net Worth – $30 Million
#5: Triple H Net Worth: $25 Million
#6: Kurt Angle Net Worth – $20 million
#7: Chris Jericho Net Worth – $18 Million
#8: Shawn Michaels Net Worth – $17 Million
#9: The Undertaker Net Worth – $16 Million
#10: Mick Foley Net Worth – $15 Million
#11: Bret Hart Net Worth – $14 Million
#12: Edge Net Worth – $14 Million
#13: Sting Net Worth – $13 Million
#14: Brock Lesnar Net Worth – $12.5 Million
#15: Goldberg Net Worth – $12 Million
#16: Batista Net Worth – $10 Million
#17: JBL Net Worth – $9 Million
#18: Rey Mysterio Net Worth – $8.5 Million
#19: Kevin Nash Net Worth – $8 Million
#20: CM Punk Net Worth – $7.5 Million
#21: Jerry Lawler Net Worth – $7 Million
#22: Randy Orton Net Worth – $6 Million
#23: Alberto Del Rio Net Worth – $6 Million
#24: Hulk Hogan Net Worth – $5 Million
***Hogan lost an estimated $25 million in his divorce from ex-wife Linda Hogan. Linda was awarded 70% of the couple's liquid assets, a 40% stake in all of Hulk's companies, six luxury cars and millions more in property***

#24: Ric Flair Net Worth – $5 Million
#25: The Miz Net Worth – $5 Million
#26: Rowdy Roddy Piper Net Worth – $4 Million
#27: Chyna Net Worth: $1.5 Million
Bonus:

Vince McMahon Net Worth – $500 Million
Randy Savage Net Worth – $8 Million

Ric Flair doesn't have a pot to piss in.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »
Wow,those cats clock some serious coin.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2014, 04:56:50 PM »
It's an interesting debate. I guess it comes down to what constitutes "average" MMA fighter?

If we are talking pound for pound I'm guessing Ultimate Warrior weighed in around 240 to 250?? That's MMA heavyweight size there and there's tons of MMA fighters at that size who would be tough to contend with for him in ring or a back alley.

Warrior was always around 275 in his prime.