Author Topic: Ultimate Warrior eye rolling thread  (Read 13102 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Ultimate Warrior eye rolling thread
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
Warrior was always around 275 in his prime.

That's his 'wrestler' weight. I doubt he weighed over 240.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2014, 05:19:33 PM »
Fuck sakes. This was a one-off appearance. Guy had been retired for YEARS before this special appearance.

Exactly. Warrior was retired for years doing his own thing and raising a family. He came back for one appearance and that was it.

You gotta respect the man...the warriaahhhhh!

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »
Why would you get defensive when other people point out the fact wrestling is fake?  

Written early morning on April 9th on a different forum.
Check last sentence... People considering it fake wrestling was dead 20 yrs. ago
and I havn't watched any since they had the WCW/NWO which was entertaining for a while.

He was the only reason I watched a bit of wrestling late 80's and early 90's.
I didn't care if he wasn't a great wrestler; I was inspired by the build and intensity of the gimmick.
This is a shock cause he was always no drugs, stay in shape, ect.
It was obvious he used his fair share of juice in his prime.
I've got a lot of the story now by spending about an hour on youtube so here is my take.

He did a video to promote a WWF video game and looked in tremendous shape for 53-54.
Obvious TRT, HRT at the least. He looked slim in the face and the abs were showing.
I've been seeing all these commercials about how TRT is bad for your heart, ect through new studies.
I sure hope it's just hype and propaganda because I planned on getting on TRT in the next 6 months
and get those test levels back to when I was 25 instead of 48.

Anyway, he was inducted in the WWE hall of fame and looked like a different person than the commercial.
I wonder if he may have had a mini stroke because the left side of his face; eye and mouth seemed to droop
ever so slightly but it is there if you watch long enough. This would explain a limp also.

Monday Raw he gives a death type speech talking about his last breath and how the legend
will live on way after he's gone. Something to that effect. Very strange that he died the next day.
I think he knew his health for whatever reason was not good.
He looked like he had aged at least 10 years in the last 5. In fact he looked like he had
aged 5 years or more from the commercial they had shot.

He made his mark on 10's of thousands of people and will be remembered as one of the 1st
to really bring the entertainment side out of Sports Entertainment instead of most considering it
fake wrestling at the time.

RIP Warrior

Day before he died speech - Kind of Prophetic so to speak.
Starts at 1:25

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
Bummer.  He didn't sound or look so good there toward the end of his speech.  Looked drained.  Tired.

But he sounded sincere and grateful to those that put him on the pedestal of their emotions.  Lots of little kids now all grown up in that audience.  Good for him.   

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »
That's his 'wrestler' weight. I doubt he weighed over 240.

No, he was a legit 275-ish. The man was around 6'2" and very heavily muscled. Not a stretch. I'm six and weigh about the same after 27 years of weight training. But I'm also drug-free (and not as lean, obviously), so it's not tough to imagine a gassed man two inches taller who had been massively involved in bodybuilding/weight training for well over a decade was this bodyweight.

Plus, as I said in a previous post, my friends saw him train in my then-gym way, way back, and they said he was EVERY BIT of 275. And they'd know. Said he made all the BB pros (Henderson Thorne, etc.) and other WWF (WWE at the time) wrestlers there look deflated and puny.  

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »
in what way was he a warrior except for in fake wrestling?

Jim Hellwig may have died, but The Ultimate Warrior and his legacy will live on

He had a way with words...

Den mest Färgstarka Brottaren sedan 1853!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2014, 08:54:28 PM »
If most 'pro' wrestlers started off as D1/college wrestlers, id have to agree. Wrestling is a great form of ground combat.... one of the originals. Its highly effective and many of fhe best MMA fighters started life as wrestlers.

when o started training MMA my friend/training partner was a 300lb state champ wrestled. He beat me all ov3r the place, dudes size strength and technique was simply hard to match. Especially by someone 100lbs lighter and with half the experience.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
people who cant make it in a combination of

*bodybuilding
*fighting sports
*acting

they end up in "wrestling"

This couldn't be further from the truth.
My father had a great carrer in wrestling for almost 30 years and not once ever tried to do any of those things.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »
Why would you get defensive when other people point out the fact wrestling is fake?  

You can only call wrestling "fake" if people doing it are trying to make you think it's real. No one has perceived wrestling as "real" in almost 20 years.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2014, 09:51:25 PM »
You can only call wrestling "fake" if people doing it are trying to make you think it's real. No one has presived wrestling as "real" in almost 20 years.
perceived bro, perceived.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »
perceived bro, perceived.

;D didn't think that looked right. 

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 06:26:15 AM »
9 times out of 10, the bigger, stronger guy will win a brawl/fight.

Superior strength/size/power is a massive advantage in a fight That's why weight classes exist in every combat sport. :D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2014, 06:42:27 AM »
No, he was a legit 275-ish. The man was around 6'2" and very heavily muscled. Not a stretch. I'm six and weigh about the same after 27 years of weight training. But I'm also drug-free (and not as lean, obviously), so it's not tough to imagine a gassed man two inches taller who had been massively involved in bodybuilding/weight training for well over a decade was this bodyweight.

Plus, as I said in a previous post, my friends saw him train in my then-gym way, way back, and they said he was EVERY BIT of 275. And they'd know. Said he made all the BB pros (Henderson Thorne, etc.) and other WWF (WWE at the time) wrestlers there look deflated and puny.  

Sorry...not buying it. It's not as if he stepped on a scale for you in person. I realize he was heavily muscled but looks can be deceiving when making a guess on someone's bodyweight. There's a wrestler's character billed weight and there is his actual bodyweight.  

I'll say 250 pounds, tops. He wasn't 25 pounds shy of being a 300 pounder. No chance. I don't think he was 6'2" either. More like 6 foot or 6 foot one. Triple H was easily a few inches taller than Warrior, for example and he's at least 6 foot 3.

But agree to disagree. I'm sure Hulk Hogan was 302 pounds, right?  ::)

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 07:40:50 AM »
Sorry...not buying it. It's not as if he stepped on a scale for you in person. I realize he was heavily muscled but looks can be deceiving when making a guess on someone's bodyweight. There's a wrestler's character billed weight and there is his actual bodyweight.  

I'll say 250 pounds, tops. He wasn't 25 pounds shy of being a 300 pounder. No chance. I don't think he was 6'2" either. More like 6 foot or 6 foot one. Triple H was easily a few inches taller than Warrior, for example and he's at least 6 foot 3.

But agree to disagree. I'm sure Hulk Hogan was 302 pounds, right?  ::)

Pro wrestling does often over bill the characters weight but generally only by about 10 pounds. No way would they say Warrior was 275 if he weighed less than 250. You really have to see these guys in the flesh to appreciate how big they are. Early in his career I'd say Warrior was in the high 260's.

For example, Stone Cold Steve Austin weighed 252 through his entire career and he has said that was legit. He now weighs around 265 and has said he is trying to cut back down to 252. And Triple H was always billed as 265 and probably weighed 255ish. Warrior easily had 15-20 pounds on him.

Plus Hogan in the eighties was easily close to 300. He was well over 6'5 and wasn't completely lean either.

Bear in mind Ali was 6'3 and a large man in his own right.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »
Pro wrestling does often over bill the characters weight but generally only by about 10 pounds. No way would they say Warrior was 275 if he weighed less than 250. You really have to see these guys in the flesh to appreciate how big they are. Early in his career I'd say Warrior was in the high 260's.

For example, Stone Cold Steve Austin weighed 252 through his entire career and he has said that was legit. He now weighs around 265 and has said he is trying to cut back down to 252. And Triple H was always billed as 265 and probably weighed 255ish. Warrior easily had 15-20 pounds on him.

Plus Hogan in the eighties was easily close to 300. He was well over 6'5 and wasn't completely lean either.

Bear in mind Ali was 6'3 and a large man in his own right.

Of course they would! Why wouldn't they? it's not that big of a decrepancy.

lol...there is no way Austin weighs 265 right now! Are you serious? He is no were near as large now as he was when he was wrestling. He's almost 50 years old. No way he was even 250 when he made his appearance on WM 30.

And I have seen these guys in person and yes...they are big men no doubt....but wrestler's weights get billed far more than 10 pounds on average.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »
You can only call wrestling "fake" if people doing it are trying to make you think it's real. No one has perceived wrestling as "real" in almost 20 years.
Good Point!

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »

lol...there is no way Austin weighs 265 right now! Are you serious? He is no were near as large now as he was when he was wrestling. He's almost 50 years old. No way he was even 250 when he made his appearance on WM 30.

And I have seen these guys in person and yes...they are big men no doubt....but wrestler's weights get billed far more than 10 pounds on average.

Austin has gained weight since he retired. If you ever heard his podcast he constantly jokes about how he got "fat". He was 265 recently and was dieting, he has probably lost a few pounds since then but he was definitely heavier than 250 at WM 30, guarantee it.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2014, 12:25:21 PM »

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2014, 03:26:39 AM »
no one understands the point of this thread...

::)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2014, 04:45:07 AM »
no one understands the point of this thread...

::)
oh he died

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2014, 05:07:51 AM »

Not sure it works that way.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2014, 06:27:07 AM »
Not sure it works that way.

That's exactly how it works. They are basically actors and stunt men. No one is saying wrestling is "real" so how can you say it's "fake" fake what?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »
When you stop to think of his physique, star power, and fan base it is strange to see he is not in the top tier when it comes to net worth.  Celebrity Net Worth tags him at at just $1.5 million.  Did he make a lot more and just burn through it all or did he just not make much money?  I'd be surprised if he had $1.5 at the time of his death. Bah!

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/wrestlers/ultimate-warrior-net-worth/

He owned a number of business and a training center.  But he wrestled at a time when there was little money available for wrestlers.....sort of like the bodybuilding industry
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2014, 08:01:29 AM »

That's exactly how it works. They are basically actors and stunt men. No one is saying wrestling is "real" so how can you say it's "fake" fake what?

Ok, fair enough. I guess we're arguing semantics. Point taken.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:57 PM »

Totally agree... Wrestling stats are all seriously overblown it's not even funny... UW was a legit 6' footer, no way more than that, and around 240lbs for him seems correct, no way 275... Triple H is around 6'1.5, 6'2 morning probably, no more than that... Peak Hulk Hogan was 6'5-6'6...