Author Topic: Niners  (Read 143366 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Niners
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:42:59 AM »
Uh oh.   :-\

Colin Kaepernick being investigated for possible sexual assault
April 10, 2014
NFC WEST, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
BY JOSH SANCHEZ

On Thursday afternoon, news surfaced that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick could be facing some legal trouble for a recent incident in Florida. As first reported by TMZ.com, and later confirmed by the Miami Police Department, the 49ers’ signal-caller is being investigated for a possible sexual assault incident that occurred in Miami earlier this month.

The report states that the case is in the “beginning stages” of the investigation and it is important to note that no one has been charged at this time.

There are no further details available at this time and Kaepernick has yet to comment on the allegations. The 49ers acknowledged the report, and said they are still in fact-finding mode.

“49ers organization is aware of the recent media report regarding Colin Kaepernick,” it said in a statement, “and is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts.”

Per Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, 49ers receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks wideout Ricardo Lockette are also part of the investigation, with the incident in question occurring at Lockette’s apartment in Miami.

Last month, a report surfaced that the 49ers were hoping to lock Kaepernick up to a long-term extension before the start of this year’s training camp. It will be interesting to see if allegations could delay the process and cause them to pump the brakes. The former second-round pick in the 2011 NFL draft is currently set to make a $973K base salary in 2014 as part of his rookie deal.

With the investigation ongoing, more information should be released in the coming days.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/10/colin-kaepernick-sexual-assault-investigation/

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Niners
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »
It was probably with another guy.

He's a douchebag, tatt'd up yo boy. Don't like him at all. I hate how he wears his hats sideways on his head during interviews. Grow the fuck up and look like a professional.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
It was probably with another guy.

He's a douchebag, tatt'd up yo boy. Don't like him at all. I hate how he wears his hats sideways on his head during interviews. Grow the fuck up and look like a professional.

I don't like the image he is portraying, but a douchebag?  I don't see that.  Was a great high school student (4.0).  Was a model student-athlete at Nevada.  Got his degree.  Never in trouble.  Been solid on and off the field in the NFL so far. 

But talk about bad timing.  Just as he's about to ink a big contract. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:58 AM »
meh...

Just something about him that irks me.

I'm sure he did something to piss this young lady off. Probably broke things off with her and starting banging a friend of hers.

He'll still get his money.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
meh...

Just something about him that irks me.

I'm sure he did something to piss this young lady off. Probably broke things off with her and starting banging a friend of hers.

He'll still get his money.

Or the allegations could be entirely fabricated. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 12:34:39 PM »
from Espn:

Cops investigate Kaepernick, others

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and two other NFL players are being investigated by Miami police for an incident earlier this month at a Miami hotel.

AP Photo/Marcio Jose SanchezThe 49ers say they are aware of an investigation of Colin Kaepernick and others by Miami police.

Police, contacted Thursday afternoon, confirmed that there is an investigation but would not describe or categorize the exact nature of what police are looking into.

No arrests have been made, and no charges have been filed.

According to an incident report filed with Miami police on Friday, an unnamed woman said she had an encounter with Kaepernick, 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette on April 1 at the Viceroy hotel in downtown Miami. The woman told police she spent time with the three players, drinking and smoking marijuana in Lockette's apartment and eventually ending up in a bedroom with Kaepernick.

According to the report, she told police both of them removed their clothes but did not have sex. Kaepernick eventually left the room. The woman also told police, according to the report, that Patton and Lockette later opened the door and "peeked" into the room but closed the door and left after the woman told them to get out. She told police she could not remember anything after that.

TMZ.com reported earlier Thursday that Kaepernick is being investigated for an alleged sexual assault, according to law enforcement sources. Those sources told TMZ that the investigation is in its "beginning stages."

However, police would not confirm that or characterize the incident or nature of the investigation when contacted by ESPN.

49ers general manager Trent Baalke, in a statement released Thursday, said the team is aware of the report and "is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts."

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:10:34 AM »
49ers are having a great offseason.....Kapernick, Culliver, and now Aldon Smith.....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 01:29:58 PM »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.  This dude needs help.   :-\

Aldon Smith arrested at airport
Updated: April 14, 2014
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Los Angeles police arrested San Francisco 49ers linebacker-defensive end Aldon Smith at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday afternoon after he indicated he was in possession of a bomb.

Smith was booked Sunday afternoon, according to LAPD Sgt. Michael Fox. Smith was charged with a false bomb report, which is punishable by up to one year in jail. He posted $20,000 bail Sunday night, according to multiple reports.

49ers general manager Trent Baalke issued a statement saying: "We are disappointed to learn of the incident today involving Aldon Smith. As this is a pending legal matter and we are still gathering the pertinent facts, we will have no further comment."

According to Los Angeles World Airports PIO Sgt. Karla Ortiz, the incident happened as the man, later identified as Smith, was going through Terminal 1 screening and was randomly selected for secondary screening.

Smith then became belligerent and uncooperative with the process and with the TSA agent, making a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb before proceeding toward the gate area, according to Ortiz.

Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him at the gate and he then became uncooperative again and was detained and taken into custody by Airport Police.

Many people on the scene, including former Marine veteran Clayton Mullaly, captured the incident on video.

This incident is Smith's latest run-in with the law.

In November, Smith pleaded not guilty to three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from an incident at a party at his home in 2012.

Smith also missed five games this past season while spending time in an alcohol treatment center. He entered treatment voluntarily three days after he was arrested for drunken driving for the second time since early 2012.

It's a jam-packed, guest filled offseason podcast hosted by Robert Flores. Adam Caplan, Bill Williamson, Darren Rovell and Mike Freeman examine the latest NFL stories.

Despite the five-game absence, Smith finished with 12 sacks and 34 tackles over the course of the Niners' season, which ended in a NFC Championship Game loss to division rival Seattle.

Smith, 24, is facing charges for both the arrest for the incident at his home and the September arrest for drunk driving. This latest incident could trigger league discipline. The NFL did not suspend Smith after the September arrest. In October, commissioner Roger Goodell said the fact that Smith voluntarily sought treatment could play a role in him not getting a suspension.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10777877/aldon-smith-detained-los-angeles-airport

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
Phenomenal talent on the field but a .10 brain off of it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 02:21:28 PM »
Phenomenal talent on the field but a .10 brain off of it.

I don't know what is wrong with him. 

Wait.  Actually I do know what part of the problem might be.  I've said for years that taking a kid with poor life training and turning him into an overnight millionaire is a recipe for disaster.  I remember Lawrence Taylor talking about how his drug habit started because he was walking about with six figures spending money and didn't find a productive way to spend the money. 

These kids have no oversight.  Nobody telling them "no."  Surrounded by leaches. 

I don't know if this kid had poor life training, but that could be part of the problem (along with the money). 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »
I don't know what is wrong with him. 

Wait.  Actually I do know what part of the problem might be.  I've said for years that taking a kid with poor life training and turning him into an overnight millionaire is a recipe for disaster.  I remember Lawrence Taylor talking about how his drug habit started because he was walking about with six figures spending money and didn't find a productive way to spend the money. 

These kids have no oversight.  Nobody telling them "no."  Surrounded by leaches. 

I don't know if this kid had poor life training, but that could be part of the problem (along with the money). 

The thing about the life training is that these atheltes, especially the rookies, do receive life training at these rookie symposiums. Whether it's financial advice or advice from police officers reagrding the law, the guys do get exposed to these realities from the very start. It's up to them as to whether or not they want to heed these advices or think they are above all that. There is a % of the world population that are just plain stupid knuckleheads and always find themselves in trouble. A small number of pro athletes can and will fall under that %. These are young men who are about to earn millions of dollars and have no idea how to mentally prepare for that.

What ever happened to being just plain stupid or crazy? Enough with the excuses for his behavior or any other knucklehead.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 11:55:18 AM »
The thing about the life training is that these atheltes, especially the rookies, do receive life training at these rookie symposiums. Whether it's financial advice or advice from police officers reagrding the law, the guys do get exposed to these realities from the very start. It's up to them as to whether or not they want to heed these advices or think they are above all that. There is a % of the world population that are just plain stupid knuckleheads and always find themselves in trouble. A small number of pro athletes can and will fall under that %. These are young men who are about to earn millions of dollars and have no idea how to mentally prepare for that.

What ever happened to being just plain stupid or crazy? Enough with the excuses for his behavior or any other knucklehead.

A few hours in a meeting will not compensate for a failure to provide a kid with proper training during his formative years.  It's too late already. 

My pie in the sky solution is to make a college degree a prerequisite to playing major professional sports.  Will never happen, but it would prevent a lot of this stuff IMO.  Look at the knuckleheads in professional sports.  How many of them have college degrees?  I've never looked at the percentages, but I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of professional athletes who actually finished school rarely show up on the police blotter.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 11:58:09 AM »
I guess this isn't as a bad as the first headline, but what the heck are they doing in a hotel room at midnight with one drunk/high naked female on the bed??  Idiots. 

And this cuts directly against what I just said about college degrees, because Kaepernick graduated from Nevada.   :-\

Report: Lockette called 911 after woman refused to leave apartment
Posted on April 14, 2014
by Eric Branch   

Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette made a 911 call at 12:03 a.m. on April 2 after arguing with the unnamed 25-year-old woman at the center of a Miami police investigation that also involves 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and wide receiver Quinton Patton, Andy Slater of 940-AM in Miami reported today.

According to a Miami police incident search report, Lockette called from the Viceroy Hotel after the woman, who was lying naked on Kaepernick’s bed, refused to leave. In response, a Crisis Intervention Team was summoned to Apt. 4710. The woman was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital by the Miami fire department.

According to the program’s web site, Florida’s CIT is a “police response program designed for first responders who handle crisis calls involving people with mental illness including those with co-occurring substance abuse disorders.”

In a Miami police incident report taken on April 3, the woman says she blacked out after drinking shots and smoking marijuana in the players’ company and woke up in a hospital bed. The woman said she blacked out when she was naked on a bed, where she had been with Kaepernick. She said they did not have sex, but had done so in the past. The woman was reportedly given a rape test at the hospital.

On Friday, Kaepernick, on Twitter, blasted an initial report that claimed he was being investigated for sexual assault.

“The charges made in the TMZ story and other stories I’ve seen are completely wrong,” Kaepernick said. “They make things up about me that never happened. I take great pride in who I am and what I do, but I guess sometimes you have to deal with someone who makes things up …. I assure you that your faith is not misplaced.”

The players have not been charged with crimes. The investigation is being conducted by the Miami Police Department’s Special Victims Unit, which investigates sexual battery and other serious crimes.

Today, a Miami police spokesman said he had no update on the investigation.

Charges are “not likely” to be filed today against 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith after he allegedly made a false bomb threat at Los International Airport, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office said. It’s possible, of course, that charges will be filed later this week.

Smith is already scheduled to appear in Santa Clara Superior Court on April 29 regarding a DUI arrest and three felony weapons charges stemming from last year.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/04/14/report-lockette-called-911-after-woman-refused-to-leave-apartment/

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »
A few hours in a meeting will not compensate for a failure to provide a kid with proper training during his formative years.  It's too late already. 

My pie in the sky solution is to make a college degree a prerequisite to playing major professional sports.  Will never happen, but it would prevent a lot of this stuff IMO.  Look at the knuckleheads in professional sports.  How many of them have college degrees?  I've never looked at the percentages, but I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of professional athletes who actually finished school rarely show up on the police blotter.   

LOL.....Earning millions of dollars will always trump an education. I do agree with your opinion of athletes with degrees not getting in trouble with the law.

An interesting parallel is the NBA. Charles Barkley's opinion is that college basketball players should stay at least 3 years, if not try to attain their degree. No more high school players jumping straight to the pro level or no more one and done college players. He thinks the quality of the NBA games would be much better because the rookies coming in would have a much more defined skill set to their game and would be more physically mature. I agree with this.

Unfortunately, this will never happen either. The only NBA player with a four year degree that I can think of that is a true superstar(or at least used to be) is Tim Duncan. He's 38 years old and a 17 year veteran. What does that tell you? lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 12:24:06 PM »
LOL.....Earning millions of dollars will always trump an education. I do agree with your opinion of athletes with degrees not getting in trouble with the law.

An interesting parallel is the NBA. Charles Barkley's opinion is that college basketball players should stay at least 3 years, if not try to attain their degree. No more high school players jumping straight to the pro level or no more one and done college players. He thinks the quality of the NBA games would be much better because the rookies coming in would have a much more defined skill set to their game and would be more physically mature. I agree with this.

Unfortunately, this will never happen either. The only NBA player with a four year degree that I can think of that is a true superstar(or at least used to be) is Tim Duncan. He's 38 years old and a 17 year veteran. What does that tell you? lol

There are others in the NBA with degrees, but they are not necessarily superstars:  Grant Hill (recently retired), Derek Fisher, Shane Battier, J.J. Reddick, etc.  What you typically find is the same kind of person.  Unlikely to see those guys at a night club at 3 a.m. with a loaded weapon in their pocket. 

I agree with Barkely too.  They do it in the NFL (must be three years out of high school).  Don't see why they cannot do it in the NBA. 

But I doubt anything changes. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
There are others in the NBA with degrees, but they are not necessarily superstars:  Grant Hill (recently retired), Derek Fisher, Shane Battier, J.J. Reddick, etc.  What you typically find is the same kind of person.  Unlikely to see those guys at a night club at 3 a.m. with a loaded weapon in their pocket. 

I agree with Barkely too.  They do it in the NFL (must be three years out of high school).  Don't see why they cannot do it in the NBA. 

But I doubt anything changes. 

I think that mainly has to do with the physicallity differences between the two sports. A young athlete has to have that physical maturity after age 20 to endure the rigors of pro football. But I think the same argument should be made for pro basketball too which supports Barkley's opinion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »
I think that mainly has to do with the physicallity differences between the two sports. A young athlete has to have that physical maturity after age 20 to endure the rigors of pro football. But I think the same argument should be made for pro basketball too which supports Barkley's opinion.

I agree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
This is a far cry from the initial sexual assault investigation headline. 

Police Release 911 Calls In Kaepernick Case

The Miami Police release 911 tapes related to the investigation of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Colin Kaepernick took to Twitter on Wednesday in response to the 911 tapes released in the investigation involving the San Francisco 49ers star quarterback, tweeting that he is "glad the truth is getting out."

A naked woman who referred to herself as "Jesus" is the focus of the two emergency calls placed April 1, according to 911 tapes released Tuesday.

Kaepernick weighed in less than 24 hours later on Twitter.

Police did not identify the men that made the two calls. In the first call, a man who identified himself as hotel security said a woman was in the hotel room and was refusing to leave.

"She said her name was Jesus, and she don't have no clothes on," he told the 911 operator.

ESPN Radio

An audio recording of two men calling authorities regarding an unidentified naked woman in an apartment. Tapes have been released by the Miami police.

More Podcasts »
When the 911 operator asked who the woman was visiting, the guard said: "She's visiting this gentleman here."

The second call was made by another male, who requested that police come to the room because, he said, the woman was lying in bed "and she's not leaving" until a friend of his showed up.

"There's a young lady in my friend's bed," the caller says. "She says she's not leaving until she sees him ... No, no, he's not her boyfriend. He's someone she wants to sleep with."

Two days after the 911 calls were placed, an unidentified woman went to Miami police headquarters saying she was partying with Kaepernick, 49ers receiver Quinton Patton and Seattle Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette. She said she passed out and didn't remember anything else until waking up in the hospital.

Police have not called it a criminal investigation, referring to it instead as a "suspicious incident."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10897235/colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-tweets-truth-getting-regard-911-tapes

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »
nothing will come of this. Even tho I hate Caepernick, I'm sure his name will be cleared.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
Beach....

What do you think about the trade of Stevie Johnson coming to the 49ers?

Only cost a 4th rounder but did the 49ers need more WR's?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »
Beach....

What do you think about the trade of Stevie Johnson coming to the 49ers?

Only cost a 4th rounder but did the 49ers need more WR's?

I don't know anything about this guy.  On paper he has been pretty productive. 

They do need help at WR.  Boldin and Crabtree are the starters, but after that it is second year player Patton who has potential but hasn't done anything yet and Brandon Lloyd, who is talented but didn't play last year.  There is also Baldwin who they got from KC last year (an exchange of first round busts), but I'm not sure he will even make the team. 

I think they'll probably draft a WR in this draft too.  What they really need is someone who can stretch the field. 

RB LaMichael James is on block.  Really disappointed because I thought he had a lot of potential as a Sproles type player. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »

They do need help at WR.  Boldin and Crabtree are the starters, but after that it is second year player Patton who has potential but hasn't done anything yet and Brandon Lloyd, who is talented but didn't play last year.  There is also Baldwin who they got from KC last year (an exchange of first round busts), but I'm not sure he will even make the team. 

I think they'll probably draft a WR in this draft too.  What they really need is someone who can stretch the field. 

RB LaMichael James is on block.  Really disappointed because I thought he had a lot of potential as a Sproles type player. 

Johnson is a good, productive player. I'm curious to see how well he plays with Kaepernick throwing him the ball.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »
Johnson is a good, productive player. I'm curious to see how well he plays with Kaepernick throwing him the ball.   

If he's a good player then he should fit in well.  They really have a much better offense when both Crabtree and Boldin are in the lineup.  They will supposedly use more three WR sets with Johnson.  I've never seen him play. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 01:27:12 PM »
If he's a good player then he should fit in well.  They really have a much better offense when both Crabtree and Boldin are in the lineup.  They will supposedly use more three WR sets with Johnson.  I've never seen him play. 

He's the guy who blamed God for a dropped touchdown pass that would ve won the game.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:36 PM »

We now have 4 legit pro bowl wide recievers on our team in Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, and Lloyd. Plus Patton is actually that speedy guy we need to stretch downfield.

Lamichael James is a great athlete, but he fumbles the ball. And Kendall Hunter has consistently gotten more yards per carry and proven himself an all around better athlete anyways.