Author Topic: Best powerlifter in the world currently?  (Read 8941 times)

Melkor

• Getbig III
Best powerlifter in the world currently?
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »
Mike Tuchscherer is the best all-round powerlifter IMO. All things considered, he lifts raw (and has done equipped meets too but his most impressive feats are raw) and I believe he is drug-free. He is still young too and lifts with technical mastery so he should avoid a major injury hopefully. I only see him getting stronger. This recent deadlift video is otherworldly. The form is impeccable and his 800 for a triple resetting between reps is insane.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Best powerlifter in the world currently?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:44:02 AM »
Andrei Malanichev is the best currently.

Mike looks promising. Doubt he's drug free though.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:56:26 AM »
Andrei Malanichev is the best currently.

Mike looks promising. Doubt he's drug free though.

I don't know, most sources I've read about him back this up. He certainly doesn't look like he is a heavy user of drugs anyway.
Powerlifting is really primed to take off as a mainstream sport.

What could be more exciting than watching a man in his basement lifting weights off the ground?

:) ;D

That's just his training preference though, some like lifting in front of others in a crowded gym, some are motivated intrinsically. I prefer training at home in my garage gym. And in fairness, how many commercial gyms would let you pull 800+ pounds off the floor?

Maelstrom

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »
Best powerlifter in the world is Eric Lilliebridge. Now holds the WR in the 275lb class (with 2353), which he will smash in his next meet. Expect to see him total 2400+. The guy will beat Malanichev's superheavy weight total (2468lbs) within the next year or two as well. Think Eric is only 24 as well. If he stay's injury free, he is this generation's Ed Coan.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:21:59 PM »
Powerlifting is really primed to take off as a mainstream sport.

What could be more exciting than watching a man in his basement lifting weights off the ground?

There were almost 300 lifters at the ca. State championship last month. Not thr NFL, but not too shabby

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 12:24:45 PM »
Ed Coan - Hip Replacement Classics.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 12:38:28 PM »
Malanichev and Lilliebridge are both beasts, as is Konstantinovs.

However, I do think that Tuchscherer (and Brad Gillingham come to think of it) are drug free. Tuchscherer squats in the 700s, benches close to 500 and pulls in the 800s, all in tested meets and weighing in at 260ish.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 06:50:11 PM »
He was Air Force for awhile and was drug tested enough that I'm sure he was natural for awhile. We had 45 lifters for a gym meet. I think crossfit has helped the sport. There are a lot more raw lifters around and a lot of folks who don't look like tubs of lard.
L

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 06:52:52 PM »
Mike Tuchscherer is the best all-round powerlifter IMO. All things considered, he lifts raw (and has done equipped meets too but his most impressive feats are raw) and I believe he is drug-free.

If he is doing 800 for 3 drug free, what is he doing on drugs and equipment? 1250 for 3? When it comes to strength drugs make a huge difference. Non of these world class guys are close to clean. I've seen huge jumps in the gym. Look at Sev from getbig. On a moderate dose of anabolics, benching 405 for 3. Off anabolics 225 for 4?

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 06:55:55 PM »
Brad Castleberry the strongest bitch on earth.
Air Falcon

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
I don' think he is anymore....I don't think you can do what he does any of these guys and stay under the bar without something. The injuries are to frequent, nagging or otherwise. Every meet I've done the older guys all have something...usually bench that lags because of injury.
L

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
Good Family man, trains hard, says his prayers, uses a good brand of multivitamin and would NEVER take those dangerous Steroid things.

Anyway wouldn't he look like Arnold Schwarzenegger if he used that stuff?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
Tuchscherer will be remembered like Beau Moore, etc.... Not so much for Totals and records, but for consistency, he may not be the best at every meet, but he always gives a good showing, and has done so for a number of years.

Also on the drug thing - #2019 at around #265 ;D.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 08:10:34 PM »
A lot of getbiggers would be champion power lifters if they were not morally opposed to PED.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »
Best powerlifter in the world is Eric Lilliebridge. Now holds the WR in the 275lb class (with 2353), which he will smash in his next meet. Expect to see him total 2400+. The guy will beat Malanichev's superheavy weight total (2468lbs) within the next year or two as well. Think Eric is only 24 as well. If he stay's injury free, he is this generation's Ed Coan.

Eric is strong and young but he started really young, but ed coan took more time to peak.
Eric is doing it to quiclkly imo.
Don't want to be pessimist but i predict a burnout in the year to come.
asstropin

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »
If he is doing 800 for 3 drug free, what is he doing on drugs and equipment? 1250 for 3? When it comes to strength drugs make a huge difference. Non of these world class guys are close to clean. I've seen huge jumps in the gym. Look at Sev from getbig. On a moderate dose of anabolics, benching 405 for 3. Off anabolics 225 for 4?

Mike weighed 250 his senior year of high school as a football player, and his powerlifing numbers have very slowly gained steam over the course of 10-15 years. The guy is clean...You can tell by his bench, his lower body looks like a damn horse, clearly genetics, and his upper body is average...Not to mention, sure androgens don't really blow you up in size, but they sure as hell give a very distinct look, vascular, grainy, strange skin texture, weird different little types of acne, etc...

The list of guys I believe are legit drug free is very short, most are IPF and genetic aliens...

The obvious ones that pop to mind:

Carl Yngvar Christensen
Ben Rice
Mike T.
Brad Gillingham

There are more that I can't think of...Pete Rubish for example pulled 755 before drugs, only pulled like 815 with straps on a shit ton of Test, Tren, Superdrol etc..So They aren't magic that's for sure.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »
Of course, massive doses of drugs are merely the finishing touch.

It's completely impossible that Rubbish is lying about not using before hitting 755. You can tell he was clean because he was only adding 50lbs a month to his lift at that point.

Anyone who's deadlifted 700+ knows that a handful of anadrol is barely more effective than ammonia or a good pre-workout.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »
Of course, massive doses of drugs are merely the finishing touch.

It's completely impossible that Rubbish is lying about not using before hitting 755. You can tell he was clean because he was only adding 50lbs a month to his lift at that point.

Anyone who's deadlifted 700+ knows that a handful of anadrol is barely more effective than ammonia or a good pre-workout.

He was deadlifting 750 and benching like 315 at the same time....Kid is built to deadlift.

Your point is valid but, I just don't see why someone who outlined their entire drug history and basically cries about how much he regrets it because of the side effects would lie about when he started lol...Who would care if he went from a 500lb deadlift to 815 on drugs, wouldn't prove shit besides how he responds to drugs...

I can tell you from my own experience a lot of the "strength gains" from gear come with weight gain, bloat, leverages etc...If you use diet to maintain your same weight the strength gains will only be so great...Regardless of what you take.

Take Ed Coan for example dude was failing drug tests at like 190 lbs...So he was on his entire career, his total went up as his body weight went up, very slowly even with drugs.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 09:06:07 PM »
hes like everyone else who's 'gifted', they lie to make themselves seem more special.

I think I called him out on his obvious use last year or 2012 on the cesspool of bb.com when he suddenly blasted from 600's up to mid 700s in a month, 'all natural brah'

Getting fat didn't affect my raw conventional DL at all positively.. I pulled 705 @ 230 and barely did the same weight 30lbs heavier.

All drugs. Massive tren abuse makes a 20-somethings CNS react like you fitted a turbocharger to it, very different from bloat-strength from anadrol.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 09:13:50 PM »
The best powerlifters in the world train at West Side Barbell.

::)
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »
hes like everyone else who's 'gifted', they lie to make themselves seem more special.

I think I called him out on his obvious use last year or 2012 on the cesspool of bb.com when he suddenly blasted from 600's up to mid 700s in a month, 'all natural brah'

Getting fat didn't affect my raw conventional DL at all positively.. I pulled 705 @ 230 and barely did the same weight 30lbs heavier.

All drugs. Massive tren abuse makes a 20-somethings CNS react like you fitted a turbocharger to it, very different from bloat-strength from anadrol.

Sorry, you simply don't pull 800 raw at 20 years old without being a genetic freak in the pulling department.
A

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 10:56:33 PM »

Well he's claiming to be running 125mg a week of test only and he's pulling 700+ beltless so we shall see lol...No reason to lie honestly his hype is way over...He never totalled shit for his weight class anyway. Always talking bullshit about wanting to look like a fucking men's physique competitor etc...Might have actually done something at 275s at 6'0-6'1 who knows. The way he's been talking I think he always had his health in the back of his mind, where Eric Lilliebridge clearly doesn't give a good fuck about dying at 35.

You can tell in the vid where he explains how much tren he took that "some guys take a gram or more of tren along with tons of other shit" and you can easily tell he's talking about Lilliebridge, Leeman, Hickson etc..lol even he's shaking his damn head at those retard's doses...Hickson gets bloody noses squatting 225 for shit's sake..The picture of health.  :-X

Dan Green is supposedly "accustomed" to taking a couple grams of tren and 500mg of Var or thereabouts leading up to a meet...Shit's crazy.

I was at this meet with Leeman, Rubish, Hickson, Efferding, Lilliebridge, Urbank etc. and I can tell you they were all going for the health look ROFL..

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 11:10:02 PM »
Sorry, you simply don't pull 800 raw at 20 years old without being a genetic freak in the pulling department.

Fuck off shizzo, go drink yourself to death.

Temper I believe he's on hrt test as much as I believe lee priest is on 200 mg a week. Kid is megadosing as much as his buddies just needs to feel special.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 11:14:43 PM »

800lb deadlift at 20 years old... yet according to this dipshit it's all drugs.  ::)

Go stick a needle in your forehead for being such a dipshit. Then slap yourself like the bitch you are.

You have no credibility with such retarded statements.
A

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 11:16:46 PM »
Lol was pretty funny when Hickson had to run to the bathroom because he got a spontaneous hard-on in his singlet...He like pinched the singlet and pulled it away from his body and sprinted to the bathroom...Was one of the strangest things I've ever seen...

Wonder what he took to make that happen lmao..