Author Topic: The state of internet overload leading to ADHD.  (Read 1971 times)

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
The state of internet overload leading to ADHD.
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »
Most rarely watch any vids/youtuberz, shallow comments, too much content to comb through.

the end of an era of enlightenment. The industrialization and commoditization of information and exposure to it.

A readjustments to an overload of information (of peace).

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The state of internet overload leading to ADHD.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 05:26:28 AM »
I've been thinking about this a lot recently and about my perception that the next generation have major problems staying focussed on something (although they would probably criticise me for being unable to "multi-task" like they can).

When you allow yourself to be reachable 24 hours a day, when you have no need to wait for information to arrive at your fingertips, when you can document your life and share it immediately with others, and respond immediately to what is happening in someone else's life - and you expect all this....what is one logical end result?

Attention and behaviour problems.

Like I said in a previous post, we're becoming beings that document everything but pay attention to nothing. I don't personally see how any good can come from being 'switched on' or connected 24 hours a day, every day. I would be interested to know how many teens could go a week without any social media at all.

It may just be a natural process of change, but it to my middle aged mind, it doesn't feel especially healthy.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 06:01:46 AM »
I've been thinking about this a lot recently and about my perception that the next generation have major problems staying focussed on something (although they would probably criticise me for being unable to "multi-task" like they can).

When you allow yourself to be reachable 24 hours a day, when you have no need to wait for information to arrive at your fingertips, when you can document your life and share it immediately with others, and respond immediately to what is happening in someone else's life - and you expect all this....what is one logical end result?

Like I said in a previous post, we're becoming beings that document everything but pay attention to nothing. I don't personally see how any good can come from being 'switched on' or connected 24 hours a day, every day. I would be interested to know how many teens could go a week without any social media at all.

It may just be a natural process of change, but it to my middle aged mind, it doesn't feel especially healthy.

Great comment, especially "We are becoming beings who can document eveything, but pay attention to nothing".

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:08:30 AM »
even adults choose videogames over relationships at times

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »

Very true

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 07:21:42 AM »
Most rarely watch any vids/youtuberz, shallow comments, too much content to comb through.

the end of an era of enlightenment. The industrialization and commoditization of information and exposure to it.

A readjustments to an overload of information (of peace).

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:29:33 AM »
Wonder how Alex is doing and if he's treating his black iPad according to the SPLC's code of conduct.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »
Yes!

You look at something very quickly and then move on to the next, never take the time to stop and look at something.
The effects of stress, never take the time for important things cause there are to many things to do...
tank u jesus