Author Topic: Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Feds  (Read 1331 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Feds
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
Feds Back Down In New Bundy Standoff,
Agree to Release Cattle

Epic confrontation “like something out of a movie”

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
Infowars.com
April 12, 2014

In an epic standoff that Infowars reporter David Knight described as being like “something out of a movie,” supporters of Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy advanced on a position held by BLM agents despite threats that they would be shot at, eventually forcing BLM feds to release 100 cattle that had been stolen from Bundy as part of a land grab dispute that threatened to escalate into a Waco-style confrontation.

Historic! Feds Forced to Surrender to American Citizens

Despite the fact that Bureau of Land Management officials agreed to cease their operation to seize Bundy’s cattle after a massive public backlash, Bundy demanded that Sheriff Douglas Gillespie disarm BLM officials and return his stolen cows.

When this didn’t happen, hundreds of Bundy supporters, including cowboys on horseback, descended on a nearby cattle pen outside of Mesquite where the seized cows were being held.

In a tense standoff, armed BLM feds, backed up by at least one SWAT team, threatened to shoot at Bundy supporters if they marched any closer to a line of vehicles.

Infowars reporter David Knight, who was at the head of the march, described the scene as like the moment from V For Vendetta when the military is forced to stand down.

Despite threats such as “one more step and you’re dead,” the protesters continued their slow march towards BLM agents as bullhorns blared.

Refusing to back down, the protesters marched straight past the armed men and towards the cattle pen.

Sheriff Gillespie eventually appeared to inform Bundy supporters that the BLM had finally caved and agreed to release the 100 cattle they had seized that were inside the pen.

After around 30 minutes, Bundy supporters saw the cattle being released about a mile away in the distance.

It cannot be overstated how much of a gargantuan victory this represents for the American people in their battle against big government tyranny.

“The people have the power when they unite,” Ammon Bundy told the Las Vegas Review Journal. “The war has just begun.”

http://www.infowars.com/feds-back-down-in-new-bundy-standoff-agree-to-release-cattle/

Yep, ...just as I expected... This shit is just starting, ...and it's going to get real interesting from here on out.  :o
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 07:56:53 AM »
THIS IS NOT A WIN!  (yet)

Dude still owes 1.1 million in taxes.  He's still in direct violation of a federal court order.  A "win" would have been the feds saying "it's cool, debt forgiven, you're good to go".   Instead, the "win" is just the feds not making a move on them.  That day.

The feds have time on their side.   They can wait a week or three to gather more men.  They can limit airspace.  They can run the plates/ cell phones/ facial recognition/ social media/ etc on everyone that showed up riding horses, completely playing their card.  They'll all be on Glen Beck and Alex Jones this week, high-fiving and celebrating the fact the feds decided, on this day, not to arrest/shoot them.

So before we do the "Scott brown 41!" and "obamacare is dead!" and "Landslide coming 2012!".... Let's evaluate what really happened here.  The feds decided, on this day, not to stomp a few hundred guys on horses with rifles making their point.  But they played their card 100%... they showed their faces, their numbers, their cells, etc...

Now, maybe the feds just ignore this dude for another 15 years and let him be in violation of this court order... or maybe they quietly wait until the weather is shitty, people are caught up in NFL playoffs, they know where the most threatening 50 of the people here are located... and they quietly arrest this dude.  

I am just weary of the celebrations already.   Patriots played their card now.   Maybe it's just pessimism to think the govt would hold a grudge and come after the good guys here.  But when I hear people saying "The war has just begun" - well, the govt is the ones with all the intel, guns, manpower...They could have flattened everyone marching yesterday.  They just decided not to do it.  I really hope this is the end of it... but I'd be shocked if it is.  :(

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 09:58:16 PM »
THIS IS NOT A WIN!  (yet)

Dude still owes 1.1 million in taxes.  He's still in direct violation of a federal court order.  A "win" would have been the feds saying "it's cool, debt forgiven, you're good to go".   Instead, the "win" is just the feds not making a move on them.  That day.

The feds have time on their side.   They can wait a week or three to gather more men.  They can limit airspace.  They can run the plates/ cell phones/ facial recognition/ social media/ etc on everyone that showed up riding horses, completely playing their card.  They'll all be on Glen Beck and Alex Jones this week, high-fiving and celebrating the fact the feds decided, on this day, not to arrest/shoot them.

So before we do the "Scott brown 41!" and "obamacare is dead!" and "Landslide coming 2012!".... Let's evaluate what really happened here.  The feds decided, on this day, not to stomp a few hundred guys on horses with rifles making their point.  But they played their card 100%... they showed their faces, their numbers, their cells, etc...

Now, maybe the feds just ignore this dude for another 15 years and let him be in violation of this court order... or maybe they quietly wait until the weather is shitty, people are caught up in NFL playoffs, they know where the most threatening 50 of the people here are located... and they quietly arrest this dude.  

I am just weary of the celebrations already.   Patriots played their card now.   Maybe it's just pessimism to think the govt would hold a grudge and come after the good guys here.  But when I hear people saying "The war has just begun" - well, the govt is the ones with all the intel, guns, manpower...They could have flattened everyone marching yesterday.  They just decided not to do it.  I really hope this is the end of it... but I'd be shocked if it is.  :(

Dude, like I said... it's just the beginning...

Update about Bundy Ranch:

This is an interesting read and comes in from Doug Hagmann

At 1750 hours ET, I was contacted by my source within the Department of Homeland Security regarding the current situation at the Bundy Ranch. To put it bluntly, the people are being hoodwinked into believing that the situation is being resolved. It is not. It is a strategic de-escalation to fool the public. This source stated that the retreat of the BLM agents and the release of the cattle was actually crafted as a potential plan yesterday (Friday, 11 April 2014) based on the following:

1. A military assessment of satellite and drone surveillance imagery of the “patriot resistance. Drones under the control of the U.S. military were in use, taking real-time photographic images of not just the activity at the ranch, but "identifying the protesters, any arms and any supplies they might have or be carrying. “Mission accomplished.”
2. Real-time communication intercepts between patriots on-site and their off-site support;
3. Active monitoring of internet traffic regarding the coverage of events at ranch;
4. The monitoring of real-time video from the scene.

This source stated that a response by the patriot movement was anticipated, although exceeded their expectations. Although this was a real operation, they also ran this as a test case for future government operations once they saw the response. They were also actively managing the media, in some cases threatening to cut off White House access to anyone covering the event.

Despite this, the coverage by the alternative media began to create a public relations problem that was not easily managed. Note the lack of acknowledgment by the White House regarding this event. They are intentionally framing it as a state issue, despite the fact that all federal response has been and continues to be from the White House. There is a reason for this – a reason that has not been identified in any of the public reports to date. I will explain in further detail in a follow-up report on Sunday, after this source attends [redacted] to obtain more specific information about future federal operations. Regardless, according to this source, the government will take back ‘their land’ as they must to fulfill international obligations. It was never about grazing rights or anything other than (1) “securing clear title” to the land, and (2) further demonizing any patriotic resistance. It is my understanding, based on the information from this source, that it is a critical task to create a situation that will also advance their agenda of gun control and confiscation.

They're ramping up...

More Trucks & Equipment Arriving at The Bundy Ranch

w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 12:07:03 AM »
Wow... I'm watching more about the story now...

what was the fee that he decided to stop paying in 1993?  Does anyone know?

I want to know what was just/fair about the bill in 1992, and was unjust/wrong in 1993.  Did they raise the fee? 

The right-wing media LOVES this story cause it's anti-govt and it's red meat for the base.... but I think this 1993 decision to pay - - - I think that is what it comes down to.  Did they add unconstitutional fees in 93?  I didn't catch what happened then, which made him stop paying after his family has paid for 150 years before that. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 12:14:35 AM »
According to The Wildlife News:
http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2014/04/07/blm-makes-progress...

"On Saturday, April 5 the U.S. Bureau of Land Management BLM) began rounding up the hundreds of cattle owned by rancher Cliven Bundy of Bunkerville, Nevada. The cattle are a mixture of trespass cattle Bundy runs on U.S. public land for which he has no permit and also apparently feral cattle, probably derived from the trespass cattle. In surveys this month, the BLM identified 908 cattle illegally on the scenic, almost 600,000 acre Gold Butte public land area.

When Bundy stopped paying his required grazing fees in 1993, the BLM had authorized him to graze only 152 cattle."

The guy is clearly breaking the law here.   What happened in 1993 - it appears he was cool with paying STATE fees, but suddenly was asked to pay FEDERAL fees in 93 for the Beaurea of land mgmt... He doesn't recognize anything above state level.  

So I *think* that is the beef here?  BLM fees started in 1993, and he doesn't believe in the federal govt... so he gave them the finger.  I thought it was some highly unjust thing... it's just a federal fee that he dislikes?  And he is bringing 5 or 7 times MORE cattle than he was licensed by the STATE to do?   Did he EVER pay the BLM fees?  Sounds like it - cause the BLM authorized him for 160 cattle - did he start paying with them, and then STOP?   I'm confused on this issue.

Is this correct - this whole issue boils down to this dude not recognizing the federal govt - refusing to pay them - that's the entire beef here?   And if so, does everyone that condones this dude's actions ALSO condone all americans doing the same, and halting all federal fees?  

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 01:45:37 AM »
I feel the same way 240. The rancher is breaking the law.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:07 AM »
I feel the same way 240. The rancher is breaking the law.

His personal grievance with federal authority doesn't stop with the BLM, though. "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada," Bundy said in a radio interview last Thursday. "I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don’t recognize the United States government as even existing."

If everyone stops paying federal taxes... Russia and China take over, cause we no longer have a military.

There's a whole lotta exceptions being made lately. 

Jeb: ignoring immigration laws is act of love. 
Christie: Close bridges and kill off people in ambulances because you dont like a mayor's politics. 
Perry: Hold state funds because you want a person to resign for DUI.
Bundy: Use federal lands, don't pay fees cause you don't believe in a govt that keeps china from taking over your land.

I guess we should only lock up people for breaking laws we agree with?  I'm all for locking up 100% of lawbreakers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 07:37:39 AM »
Why does the BLM have m16's while border patrol armed w bean bags?   hhhmmmmmm

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 07:52:28 AM »
Why does the BLM have m16's while border patrol armed w bean bags?   hhhmmmmmm

obviously, both the blm and border patrol are dealing with serious shit, and should BOTH be armed adequately.  However, it sounds like you're trying to dodge the question - Was Bundy CORRECT in refusing to pay federal fees?  Should everyone just ignore all federal laws now?

we agree the border patrol should have better guns.
However, limiting the BLM to 9mm handguns is a bad idea.  Do we know that 100% of the protesters had good intentions?  Just takes one shit-stirrer in there to start throwing things or shooting, and the need for real guns becomes obvious fast.  They're mnaging 600,000 acres... they need more than 9mm sidearms lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »
Funny to see Repubs in favor of giving this guy a government hand out (and he's been getting it for the last 20 years)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
Funny to see Repubs in favor of giving this guy a government hand out (and he's been getting it for the last 20 years)

What "hand out" has he been getting? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
What "hand out" has he been getting? 

if you knew anything about this story you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
if you knew anything about this story you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question

I know more about it than you do.  What "handout" did he get? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »
I know more about it than you do.  What "handout" did he get? 

If you  know about this case then you know what I'm talking about

I've used up my allocation of patience for talking to morons today

check back tomorrow

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 11:49:30 AM »
If you  know about this case then you know what I'm talking about

I've used up my allocation of patience for talking to morons today

check back tomorrow

So being left alone is a "handout to you" leftists?