Author Topic: Dillett 1996 Arnold Classic  (Read 7281 times)

Alucard

• Getbig IV
Re: Dillett 1996 Arnold Classic
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »
Dillett was a beast, but no way does he beat Jay at his best.  2009 Cutler shits all over Dillett.
In overall refinement yes, and Cutler would win the show with better posing also... But Dillett would dwarf him and with his unmatched structure and muscle bellies would make Cutler appear like a short fridge with mediocre limbs... Still Cutler would win, i agree, but shitting on Paul, no way... Agree to disagree...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »
The 94 Arnold when Dillet froze up and had to be carried of stage, he was in incredible shape. He would have beat Levrone if he could have made it through the show.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:02 AM »
The 94 Arnold when Dillet froze up and had to be carried of stage, he was in incredible shape. He would have beat Levrone if he could have made it through the show.
Yes, very true... 1994 ASC was on his bag, i have some rare pics of that show, one of the pose before freezing... He was in superb shape, super ripped and shredded at around 272lbs if i remember well, his best conditioning probably... Shawn Ray commented about how Paul was never the same after that incident where he almost died, he lost the drive and the ambition, who knows how he could have progressed after winning the ASC... John Romano is an idiot...

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 08:44:26 AM »
In overall refinement yes, and Cutler would win the show with better posing also... But Dillett would dwarf him and with his unmatched structure and muscle bellies would make Cutler appear like a short fridge with mediocre limbs... Still Cutler would win, i agree, but shitting on Paul, no way... Agree to disagree...

Dillett looked unbeatable just standing there, but as soon as he posed, he exposed his imbalances.  His delts overpowered his chest, not to mention the complete lack of a back.  Dillett had so much potential, it is mind boggling.  Too bad he was perhaps the laziest man on earth.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 08:56:22 AM »
Dillett looked unbeatable just standing there, but as soon as he posed, he exposed his imbalances.  His delts overpowered his chest, not to mention the complete lack of a back.  Dillett had so much potential, it is mind boggling.  Too bad he was perhaps the laziest man on earth.
Agree, lazy as fuck, no ambition after the ASC incident, chronic asthma, no cartilage in shoulders and dieting on junk food... Cruised only with his one-in-a-billion genetic and drugs, nothing else... His back was actually not bad, wide and thick with very good insertions, lacked detail and he was not able to open it, a mistery of poor mind-muscle connection... Pecs were good also, very wide and decent thickness, they looked flat sometimes... Agree with the potential, greatest structure and muscle bellies of all time, imo, on a 6'/6'1 athlete, unbelievable...

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »
Yes, very true... 1994 ASC was on his bag, i have some rare pics of that show, one of the pose before freezing... He was in superb shape, super ripped and shredded at around 272lbs if i remember well, his best conditioning probably... Shawn Ray commented about how Paul was never the same after that incident where he almost died, he lost the drive and the ambition, who knows how he could have progressed after winning the ASC... John Romano is an idiot...

Can you please post pictures? Its nice that you have them, but we would like to see them too. 8) Thanks.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »
dillet vs coleman from the back.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 09:09:50 AM »
Can you please post pictures? Its nice that you have them, but we would like to see them too. 8) Thanks.
I would love to, believe me! Dropping Plates once explained me how, but it's probably not doable with my tablet... I have a lot of Dillett rare pics, mindblwing ones, some from the famous 1994 ASC, in wonderful shape...
dillet vs coleman from the back.

Back is not bad at all, thick and very good insertions, he can't open it, don't know why...

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 09:45:01 AM »
Dillet must be a total dumb ass. God given genetics were wasted on shitty workouts and shittier posing which were 2 things that were entirely in his control. Lazy.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »
Remember MD doing a story on it, where Dillet gave all the details on how Romano almost killed him. I think I still have the mag somewhere. Be great if you could post the pics.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2014, 10:12:38 AM »
Remember MD doing a story on it, where Dillet gave all the details on how Romano almost killed him. I think I still have the mag somewhere. Be great if you could post the pics.
If i remember correctly someone called Romano to see Dillett before prejudging... Paul was already super shredded, but still Romano decided that it was not enough, telling him to take more diuretics, Lasix in this case... Bodybuilders are know to trust shady people about drugs and dosages, since they know very little about it, and Paul was no exception... Still Romano should have gone in jail, very stupid...
Dillet must be a total dumb ass. God given genetics were wasted on shitty workouts and shittier posing which were 2 things that were entirely in his control. Lazy.
Paul is not a dumbass, he's a nice and very intelligent guy, look how he created and promoted the WBFF, in many ways a better federation than the IFBB... It's just that in his bodybulding career many things turned wrong for him, also because of his unprofessionalism... And the fact that he was lazy as fuck sure didn't help...

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
The biggest problem with Dillett's back is the over-development of his rear delts.  If his rear delts were in symmetry with the rest of his back development, his back wouldn't look nearly as weak as it does in his back poses.  
It`s as though someone took a football, sliced it in half lengthwise, and tucked each half of the football under the skin of each of his shoulders.    Just ridiculously overpowering delts.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
The biggest problem with Dillett's back is the over-development of his rear delts.  If his rear delts were in symmetry with the rest of his back development, his back wouldn't look nearly as weak as it does in his back poses.  
His delts are like footballs sliced in half, and tucked under the skin.   Just ridiculously overpowering.

This is from 1997 Olympia probably, Paul already on decline, and he was third after prejudging... Still he placed fifth overall, love politics... After 1996 he started to use too much oil or Esiclene in his rear shoulders, they looked too overpowering... He already had overpowering monster shoulders in late 80s, early 90s, didn't know why he started pinning them too much... Rear shoulders is the only place where Paul ever used oil, known fact...

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »
That physique was perfect for a movie or tv series. Who cares if he can't act he couldn't pose either

Btw, That background music has to go.  Enough already !  play some Tiesto or sow,thing more up beat already. 

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
This is from 1997 Olympia probably, Paul already on decline, and he was third after prejudging... Still he placed fifth overall, love politics... After 1996 he started to use too much oil or Esiclene in his rear shoulders, they looked too overpowering... He already had overpowering monster shoulders in late 80s, early 90s, didn't know why he started pinning them too much... Rear shoulders is the only place where Paul ever used oil, known fact...

Yup, he had overpowering delts prior to that, so any use of oil in the delts just exasperated his faults exponentially. 

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »
1993 Ironman Pro is where his posing was his best and his back never looked better.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »
1993 Ironman Pro is where his posing was his best and his back never looked better.

If only........he trained hard and had no health problems. He had great calves for example, almost like yates.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »

Yeah, that's because his rear delts at that particular stage didn't overpower his back development.    Compare photos.

Delts overpowering

Delts not overpowering.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »

Yeah, that's because his rear delts at that particular stage didn't overpower his back development.    Compare photos.

Delts overpowering

Delts not overpowering.

His rear delts look very funky in that first pic. Can't imagine he would use oil in them, they certainly were not lagging.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
I remember the pics from when Dillett froze on stage but how come there was no video from this incident?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »
Very painful watching this man try to pose. How f'n hard can it be?

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »
Very painful watching this man try to pose. How f'n hard can it be?
It was a mixture of things, his chronic asthma didn't help for sure, he had also poor mind-muscle connection, some say because he grew too fast, others from electrolite imbalance, who knows...
Agree, posing was very good for his standard at that show, and we can see that his back was very good... Dillett no back is another one of those bodybuilding myths, just like Arnold no legs...
If only........he trained hard and had no health problems. He had great calves for example, almost like yates.

An alien from another planet, and he actually had bigger calves than Yates, or at least the same...

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »
From a career perspective, Dillett's back was rubbish.  It was very much lacking in both width and detail when compared to that of virtually any other top pro.  Frankly, for all of the abuse Nasser took for his back, I would suggest that on most occassions, Nasser had a back superior to Dillett's.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »
From a career perspective, Dillett's back was rubbish.  It was very much lacking in both width and detail when compared to that of virtually any other top pro.  Frankly, for all of the abuse Nasser took for his back, I would suggest that on most occassions, Nasser had a back superior to Dillett's.

I agree. Nasser had a better back than Dillett in my opinion.