Author Topic: Canada attempting to Criminalize Criticism of Israel  (Read 4188 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Canada attempting to Criminalize Criticism of Israel
« on: April 12, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
Canada criminalizes criticism of Israel: Analyst

The pro-Israel Canadian government is modifying the country’s criminal code to ban any criticism of the Zionist regime for atrocities against Palestinians, an analyst says.

In a column for Press TV website, Brandon Martinez has analyzed the proposed cyber-bullying law (Bill C-13) by the administration of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

“The Zionist ruling clique of Canada, through their front-man Stephen Harper, is seeking to beef up the already-existing Orwellian ‘hate propaganda’ law, which has been primarily used to curtail criticism of Zionists and Israel,” wrote Martinez.

He said Canada’s criminal code is to ban criticism or promotion of “hatred” against people distinguished by “national origin.”

“This means, say, if you condemn Israelis for their inhumane treatment of Palestinians, you could find yourself in court facing down the self-appointed thought police and commissars of political correctness,” wrote Martinez.

He singled out the case of German-Canadian publisher, Ernst Zundel, who has been facing court and jail due to his criticism of Zionists who are “the self-appointed architects of public discourse, the self-declared arbiters of truth and morality.”

The analyst said the Canadian police have refused to provide any protection to Zundel, whose Toronto home has been “torched by Zionist terrorists.”

“Zundel’s story is a testament to the power and control of Jewish extremists in Canada,” wrote Martinez.

Harper is under criticism for its violations of the rights of indigenous peoples in Canada.

Many native Canadians remain among the poorest members of the Canadian society, with most of them suffering poor educational, economic and social conditions.

KA/HSN/SS

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/04/11/358137/canada-criminalizes-criticism-of-israel/

The comments on the linked article are well worth reading.

Harper is Not Canada
Apr 11, 2014 4:30 PM
Harper will lose the next election and his party will hopefully have the same fate as Tories did when Brian Mulroney lost the election in 1993 reducing Tories 151 seats to two, hence losing their official Party status. Harper is much worse than Mulroney was and deserves a bigger loss.

From this poster's lips to God's ears!!!

So Canadians are now supposed to turn a blind eye to what they believe is injustice at the hands of a State? Citizens of a free & democratic society should not be intimidated from speaking up or speaking out against inhumane actions of any country, ...but hey, we can still criticize Russia & North Korea. ::)

That sneaky SOB tried to slip in thought crime legislation in a Cyberbullying bill, that mentions Cyberbullying as an afterthought, ...and in an attempt to bring back Bill C-30 which the government said they would not.

This is pure bull$#|T!!!
w

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: Canada attempting to Criminalize Criticism of Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:01:02 AM »
Harper needs to go!!  >:(

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 05:59:49 AM »
I hate this shit.   Adults should be able discuss issues without fear of censorship. 
A

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 06:09:25 AM »
THanks for getting the word out bro!
Ψ

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
THanks for getting the word out bro!

Bro?  :o

Gee Whiz, what do I have to do to get you people to realize I'm a woman? ...run down the street topless?

See these bouncy thingamajiggies on my chest? (.)(.)  That's not gyno. They're boobies!  >:(
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
Excellent news!

The more of you filthy, Canadian douchebags they lock up, the better off the world.

Of course, it's not surprising that Jag was against others in Canada having free speech.  But when her hate speech is on the agenda...go figure  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:05:10 PM »
Excellent news!

The more of you filthy, Canadian douchebags they lock up, the better off the world.

Of course, it's not surprising that Jag was against others in Canada having free speech.  But when her hate speech is on the agenda...go figure  ::)

What the heck are you talking about now?

There's a difference between hate speech, and a critique of national state policies.
w

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »
I can't see anyone being prosecuted for this, even if it goes through and become law. The outcry would be more than they can handle and Israel doesn't need the bad press.

Storm in a tea cup nor could I find any major news channel in Canada covering this*

Granted I don't know any news channels in Canada, but I did do some Googling.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
I hate this shit.   Adults should be able discuss issues without fear of censorship. 

Nobody will censor you. I'm with you on this but I also understand that there's a big difference between 'discussions' and 'hate speech'. Methinks the media is getting a bit carried away with this one and calling in censorship. Unfairly so.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
Harped equated anti Zionism to hate speech years ago.

To be fair a lot of Canadians are actually genuinely anti Semitic , not sure why but my liberal canadian family say some "odd" things sometimes.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »
What the heck are you talking about now?

There's a difference between hate speech, and a critique of national state policies.

Yea, yea.  I know, it's always 'different' when you do it.  Standard liberal mantra.

Enjoy your prison cell and orange jumpsuit, twit.

Let us know how the forced muff diving goes food tastes.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 03:06:54 PM »
Bro?  :o

Gee Whiz, what do I have to do to get you people to realize I'm a woman? ...run down the street topless?

See these bouncy thingamajiggies on my chest? (.)(.)  That's not gyno. They're boobies!  >:(

It's gyno bro. Get on the Novaldex and watch the Test intake. Any more than a 1G a week and you're asking for sore nips.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
It's gyno bro. Get on the Novaldex and watch the Test intake. Any more than a 1G a week and you're asking for sore nips.

ROTFLMBO   ;D
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 02:30:20 AM »
Nobody will censor you. I'm with you on this but I also understand that there's a big difference between 'discussions' and 'hate speech'. Methinks the media is getting a bit carried away with this one and calling in censorship. Unfairly so.

Whom decides what's hate speech?  There is a huge grievance industry in the united states that accuses anyone they disagree with of racism and hate speech.   In my opinion, even hate speech shouldn't be censored. 
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 09:51:17 PM »
LOL Archer, is it just me, ...or are you getting the feeling that this is probably one of the wierdest and most unexpected conversations you ever expected to be having?

Whom decides what's hate speech?

I agree. In my eyes... hate speech is obvious, the dissemination of lies and/or propaganda intended to dehumanize, disenfranchise, and create hostility & animosity towards groups of people

There is a huge grievance industry in the united states that accuses anyone they disagree with of racism and hate speech.

I agree. I think the ADL & the NAACP have both become pretty good at that, and it's sad that BOTH organizations who fill a very valid need, have occasionally abused the platform they have and undermined the support & goodwill they need to carry on their work. In my eyes... hate speech is obvious, ...however, I have found that when someone disagrees with my opinions, I have been accused of hate speech, anti-semitism for criticism of a country's policies, or on my knees praying for a country's demise.

In my opinion, even hate speech shouldn't be censored. 

Really, ...then why did you state in response to what you mistakenly believed to be anti-semitism on my part, that "your biggest purpose in life was to get me banned from GetBig?"

I do believe hate speech should be publicly censored. In my opinion, it is no different than any other type of assault, however there needs to be a clear cut definition of what hate speech is, and criticism of a State's foreign or domestic policies is not it. I do not condone anything that seeks to stir up hatred or animosity towards groups of people on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation/identity, religion, ethnicity or national origin.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 04:07:38 AM »
LOL Archer, is it just me, ...or are you getting the feeling that this is probably one of the wierdest and most unexpected conversations you ever expected to be having?

I agree. In my eyes... hate speech is obvious, the dissemination of lies and/or propaganda intended to dehumanize, disenfranchise, and create hostility & animosity towards groups of people

I agree. I think the ADL & the NAACP have both become pretty good at that, and it's sad that BOTH organizations who fill a very valid need, have occasionally abused the platform they have and undermined the support & goodwill they need to carry on their work. In my eyes... hate speech is obvious, ...however, I have found that when someone disagrees with my opinions, I have been accused of hate speech, anti-semitism for criticism of a country's policies, or on my knees praying for a country's demise.

Really, ...then why did you state in response to what you mistakenly believed to be anti-semitism on my part, that "your biggest purpose in life was to get me banned from GetBig?"

I do believe hate speech should be publicly censored. In my opinion, it is no different than any other type of assault, however there needs to be a clear cut definition of what hate speech is, and criticism of a State's foreign or domestic policies is not it. I do not condone anything that seeks to stir up hatred or animosity towards groups of people on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation/identity, religion, ethnicity or national origin.

Hate speech is such an ambiguous term its nearly impossible to define it let alone enforce it.  If a private institution decides to limit speech they find offensive, so be it as they have that right. But no laws should be made to limit speech of any kind. A civil society fights words with words and arguments with arguments.     The example you provided is the type of laws on limiting speech that would be enacted and why its better not to make laws at all. Let the people decide what they want to hear.

I never tried to have you banned. I haven't posted in a couple months.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 04:59:09 AM »
Hate speech is such an ambiguous term its nearly impossible to define it let alone enforce it.  If a private institution decides to limit speech they find offensive, so be it as they have that right. But no laws should be made to limit speech of any kind. A civil society fights words with words and arguments with arguments.     The example you provided is the type of laws on limiting speech that would be enacted and why its better not to make laws at all. Let the people decide what they want to hear.

I never tried to have you banned. I haven't posted in a couple months.

Sorry, my mistake. For a moment there, I was confusing you with Soldier4u.
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 05:16:46 AM »
Sorry, my mistake. For a moment there, I was confusing you with Soldier4u.

Do you understand where I'm coming from?  I'm extremely leary about the government enacting speech laws.  If anyone would understand distrust of government I imagine it would be you.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »
Do you understand where I'm coming from?  I'm extremely leary about the government enacting speech laws.  If anyone would understand distrust of government I imagine it would be you.

I totally get where you're coming from, ...especially when I see innocent speech criminalized to meet an agenda, ...however, I'm a died in the wool idealist who unfortunately drank too much of the kool-aid. I keep thinking they'll get it right, ...but then I only have to look no further than the internet to see how corrupting just the perception of a tiny little power can be, ...and I only have to look to some of my own memories to know the "Head of State" is only the one who carries out the orders & agendas of others. The true powers behind any throne often stay hidden for a reason.  :'(
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »
Anti-semitism incidents jump five-fold in Canada
"Anti-semitism cases in 2009 double worldwide over the year before; Canada registers a five-fold increase."
http://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/2010/04/11/antisemitism_incidents_jump_fivefold_in_canada.html

Anti-Defamation League:
"Confirming the three previous studies, black Americans remain considerably more likely than white Americans to hold anti-Semitic views. In the 1998 survey, blacks (34%) are nearly four times as likely as whites (9%) to fall into the most anti-Semitic category."
http://archive.adl.org/antisemitism_survey/survey_print.html

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 07:43:05 AM »
I totally get where you're coming from, ...especially when I see innocent speech criminalized to meet an agenda, ...however, I'm a died in the wool idealist who unfortunately drank too much of the kool-aid. I keep thinking they'll get it right, ...but then I only have to look no further than the internet to see how corrupting just the perception of a tiny little power can be, ...and I only have to look to some of my own memories to know the "Head of State" is only the one who carries out the orders & agendas of others. The true powers behind any throne often stay hidden for a reason.  :'(

I agree,  I just cant imagine them getting it right.  Whoever is in power will tailor the law to fit their agenda. 
A