Author Topic: Man to serve sentence after clerical error let him walk for 13 years  (Read 1949 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Even the guy had robbed said he shouldn't serve the sentence.  Lets see how the courts fuck this one up.  I'm thinking 3 years of community service or something.  It's not like he killed someone.  Then agaiin, he is negro and a menace to society.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/11/man-to-serve-sentence-after-clerical-error-let-him-walk-for-13-y/20867892/?ncid=webmail3

CBS reporter Dean Reynolds sat down with Cornealious "Mike" Anderson in Charleston, Missouri. Anderson was convicted of robbery and armed criminal action, but after being released on bail, he was never sent back to prison.

"CBS This Morning" said if Anderson hadn't been overlooked due to a clerical error, he'd have gone to prison in 2002 and would have finished his sentence last summer. But courts are saying Anderson still needs to serve his 13-year sentence.

'It's very difficult for me to say we can create an exception.'

If Anderson has to serve the complete sentence, he might not be free until 2026. Anderson says he has reformed his lifestyle since he committed the crime when he was 22.

The Riverfront Times, which broke Anderson's story in 2013, says Anderson now has a family, is considered an ideal father, coaches football and goes to church.

According to Alternet, Anderson's lawyer says: 'This is the type of person you want in the community. This is not the type of person you want to segregate from the community.'

And it's not like Anderson was a particularly difficult person to find. The Riverfront Times says he was possibly the worst fugitive of all time.

'He didn't change his name. He didn't leave town. In fact, his address is just two blocks away from the last one the court system had for him.'

Anderson even had his contracting business registered with the secretary of state. So what does he have to say about the possibility of going to prison?

'I'm a man of faith and I believe my chances are in the hands of God. I have to believe that, I can't believe anything else.'

CBS says even the man Anderson robbed doesn't believe Anderson deserves to serve the sentence. The state attorney general has until next week to respond, and a court could schedule a hearing next month.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
Re: Man to serve sentence after clerical error let him walk for 13 years
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 04:25:10 AM »
Based on his good record in the last decade, I hope they give him a suspended sentence.
Ψ

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:27:37 AM »
Based on his good record in the last decade, I hope they give him a suspended sentence.

Agreed.  Even if you treat all the past years as "probation", he's obviously a reformed man, doing some good.  I can see it from the standpoint of  "justice must be served", but if the original victim doesn't believe he should be sent to jail, then there's not much more that can / should be done here.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:13:30 AM »
If he has had a clean record since his release, why bother putting him back in jail.  Waste of time and money.
A

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:53:18 AM »
If he has had a clean record since his release, why bother putting him back in jail.  Waste of time and money.

Agreed

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »
Fry that fucking piece of shit, and lock up his family for not turning him in. Fuck him, let him die in prison.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 10:06:14 AM »
Lock up the motherfuuckers that made the clerical error too. Also, lock up the fuckhead that got robbed and is now trying to keep this monster on the streets.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »
Oh, and lock up all the sonsabitches that posted before I did that are sympathisers for the heinous criminals in today's society.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 10:12:21 AM »
fucked up situation for that fella for sure. maybe he'll get a judge with some common sense.. or maybe not.

on a side note.. aol is still around  ???

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 10:14:19 AM »
Although he should be locked up, don't lock up bradistani as I enjoy the random pics thread and it would take a hit if he wasn't able to post.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 04:03:13 PM »
fucked up situation for that fella for sure. maybe he'll get a judge with some common sense.. or maybe not.

on a side note.. aol is still around  ???

That's the real crime here.

Won't someone think about the children?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »
I would have willingly turned myself in back in 2002 and happily done my 13 years.   :)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
If the law is supposed to mean anything he going in. Not my opinion just the law right

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »
Community service?
all drugs - TPPIIP

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
If the law is supposed to mean anything he going in. Not my opinion just the law right

Well, I'd argue that the law is supposed to be about protecting citizens and dispensing justice, not blindly following guidelines cause "them's the rules". 

Locking this man up doesn't serve the public good, it's ruining a family's life to fix a clerical error.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 05:02:03 PM »
Well, I'd argue that the law is supposed to be about protecting citizens and dispensing justice, not blindly following guidelines cause "them's the rules". 

Locking this man up doesn't serve the public good, it's ruining a family's life to fix a clerical error.

There are so many cases where "the law" locks up people who aren't a menace to society.

The law is popular opinion.. A business.. And sometimes corrupt.

However, in this case you could very easily argue that he should do his time like all others who didn't have the fortune to escape it, however he escaped it, while he was young.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 05:05:58 PM »
What was he thinking when he didn't get summoned? Did he think they'd just forget about it?

The fear of anytime being hauled off would fucking eat me inside. I would probably do my time to be on the safe side.

Then again I don't know being in his shoes.. Just must have been like a dark cloud on the horizon for him

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »
I think he`ll go to jail.

Personally,if I was facing 13 years in prison and they let me out on bail,hello airport.

No fucking way could I do 13 years.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »

Personally,if I was facing 13 years in prison and they let me out on bail,hello airport.

Either flee to a safe haven or do the time and hope you're muscly and studly still getting out of there ;D so you can live life again.

Why hangaround and start a life/family that now will suffer for you going away?

I also think that he will do this time, at least officially they want to keep face. But maybe gets it shortened somehow..

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 05:20:17 PM »

I would have willingly turned myself in back in 2002 and happily done my 13 years.   :)

:D

Whatever way this turns out, it's definitely an interesting legal topic.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 05:22:25 PM »
:D

Whatever way this turns out, it's definitely an interesting legal topic.

Irony first, truth later

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
Either flee to a safe haven or do the time and hope you're muscly and studly still getting out of there ;D so you can live life again.

Why hangaround and start a life/family that now will suffer for you going away?

I also think that he will do this time, at least officially they want to keep face. But maybe gets it shortened somehow..
Exactly,they have to set an example,but since he`s been in no other trouble since,they`ll probably cut him some slack.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 05:31:51 PM »
Exactly,they have to set an example,but since he`s been in no other trouble since,they`ll probably cut him some slack.

The law can be bended. Like a steel bar by a strong man  8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 05:33:23 PM »
Yup, I`ve broken  bent a few here and there myself.  ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 09:06:42 PM »
There must be lawyers lining up to take on this if they throw him in jail. Regardless of the error, one would think there has to be a reasonable amount of time to bring him to justice...He should sue for emotional stress.