Author Topic: Arnold comments on Genertion Iron  (Read 12021 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Arnold comments on Genertion Iron
« on: April 13, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »
Can't believe that out of all people  Arnold would say something like " people see the big muscles, but there's not talent behind it "

To me, that comment along, kills the whole purpose of selling bodybuilding as something remotely respectable to mainstream media/audiences.  

WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the trainer

Re: Arnold comment on Genertion Iron
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:10:46 AM »
I agree with arnold a lot of the pro bodybuilders today have the personality of a door knob.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »
BB in the modern day had lost something special that it once had

part of it is the art as Arnold put it.... People aren't working on their weak points? They're not trying to sculpt an imagr,.they're just slamming gear and pushing weight with no thought or regard for the finished product.. just size size size. So in a way, he's right. They've lost that aspect that takes good eyes, they've also lost a certain amount of intensity and focus on training... its naturally all shifted to drugs. So a lot of the talent that it took to sculpt your physique into something that fits an ideal is gone. They just try to pack on size.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »
Its turning back to how it used to be in the 60is. People thought of BBers as freaks an idiots. Today It does have more muscle and less talent then in the 70-80s!  Arnold and the gang  started a whole Fitness frenzy that became a Billions dollar business.! Its just not looking good right now. He is right

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 11:22:47 AM »
Kai greene walking around new york in panties and a white mask posing in public doesnt help the cause

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 11:35:33 AM »
I agree with arnold a lot of the pro bodybuilders today have the personality of a door knob.

I agree too, however that's not the point, there's a lot of dumb athletes in other sports as well and  using steroids too but (unlike bodybuilders) they actually need some sort of talent to perform on the field...

people see the Mr.Olympia contest (super bowl of Bodybuilding)  and all they can  think/say is  " the one that uses more drugs will win" based on Arnold comment since they don't need talent whatsoever.

I wish the producers of Generation iron didn't leave that comment on the film, just because is Arnold you cant just publish everything he says.... it does not help the image of the "sport' at all.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
Kai greene walking around new york in panties and a white mask posing in public doesnt help the cause

bwhahaha when hes like people call my hair gay...erm its all of you kai

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 11:44:34 AM »
Today's bodybuilders just have ugly bodies and the drugs make up 99% of their success. Their posing sucks and there is no flow, rhythm, or artistic value. Not to mention the void of personality. When lately have you heard of someone wanting to look like the top bodybuilders? (Besides the mentally disturbed. Anabolichalo, Etc.) The amount of drugs pushed into their bodies these days is grotesque and unnecessary, is it really worth it to die at 50? I'd rather look like Steve Reeves all my life, have the body women love and live healthy.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 11:51:11 AM »
Can't believe that out of all people  Arnold would say something like " people see the big muscles, but there's not talent behind it "

To me, that comment along, kills the whole purpose of selling bodybuilding as something remotely respectable to mainstream media/audiences.  

WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »
Arnold has been holding a lot of anger inside. He is just now starting to really let it out... that is, in regards to Professional Bodybuilding.

He doesn't like the distended guts. As a matter of fact, I think it pisses him off more than the competitors know.

Arnold also thinks everyone looks basically the same. Back in "the day" the silhouette of a Pro bodybuilder was unmistakeable.

Arnold thinks the general work-ethic has taken a dump... which it has for the most part.

Arnold also see's these young guys dying far too soon when most of his competitive buddies are still alive.

He knows that Pumping Iron and a few other calculated moves that he made really brought bodybuilding and fitness to the General Population, the "masses" ~ and he feels a little bit of guilt for not controlling the "sport' more than he has. He started it (pretty much) but has let it get off-track.

Did I talk to Arnold? No. Can I read his mind? No, but I know someone who can ~  ;D

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:44 AM »
BB in the modern day had lost something special that it once had

part of it is the art as Arnold put it.... People aren't working on their weak points? They're not trying to sculpt an imagr,.they're just slamming gear and pushing weight with no thought or regard for the finished product.. just size size size. So in a way, he's right. They've lost that aspect that takes good eyes, they've also lost a certain amount of intensity and focus on training... its naturally all shifted to drugs. So a lot of the talent that it took to sculpt your physique into something that fits an ideal is gone. They just try to pack on size.

While true what you say.  ARNOLD runs the biggest muscle show on the planet. He has the power to change and set the standard back to a more pleasing aesthetic and artistic format. The new pros today are nothing more than ugly fake tanned blobs who are not going to see 50 years of age and if they do they will be so broken down they will not be able to enjoy life. ARNOLD can change this if he wants to. All you have to do is hire the judges that Wil stick his the criteria in judging standards needed to affect change. The current pros will bellyache about it and cry like babies but really most are just short little men with Napoleon syndrome anyway. Let's weed these chunky little manlets  out of the arena and get bodybuilding back to the likes of Serge Nubret, Frank Zane, Franco Columbo, Lee Haney etc etc. It can be done it's up to the powers that be.
h

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »
Today's bodybuilders just have ugly bodies and the drugs make up 99% of their success. Their posing sucks and there is no flow, rhythm, or artistic value. Not to mention the void of personality. When lately have you heard of someone wanting to look like the top bodybuilders? (Besides the mentally disturbed. Anabolichalo, Etc.) The amount of drugs pushed into their bodies these days is grotesque and unnecessary, is it really worth it to die at 50? I'd rather look like Steve Reeves all my life, have the body women love and live healthy.

But then again look like Steve Reeves and you won't make it big in the sport not having big sponsors like BSN,BPi,VPX,ON,MuscleTech,Betancourt,Gaspari Nutrition,etc.Guest poses,Seminars,Magazine covers,  awesome boots at major BB events etc ...

And eventually you will fade in to Anonymity.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »
Arnold has been holding a lot of anger inside. He is just now starting to really let it out... that is, in regards to Professional Bodybuilding.

He doesn't like the distended guts. As a matter of fact, I think it pisses him off more than the competitors know.

Arnold also thinks everyone looks basically the same. Back in "the day" the silhouette of a Pro bodybuilder was unmistakeable.

So why would he allow guys like Kai and Branch to win his show? Certainly he can influence the outcome. Honest question.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »
While true what you say.  ARNOLD runs the biggest muscle show on the planet. He has the power to change and set the standard back to a more pleasing aesthetic and artistic format. The new pros today are nothing more than ugly fake tanned blobs who are not going to see 50 years of age and if they do they will be so broken down they will not be able to enjoy life. ARNOLD can change this if he wants to. All you have to do is hire the judges that Wil stick his the criteria in judging standards needed to affect change. The current pros will bellyache about it and cry like babies but really most are just short little men with Napoleon syndrome anyway. Let's weed these chunky little manlets  out of the arena and get bodybuilding back to the likes of Serge Nubret, Frank Zane, Franco Columbo, Lee Haney etc etc. It can be done it's up to the powers that be.
He's not the IFBB. He can only do so much.  Arnold has stated many times that he's disgusted with BB today.

They're going to promote whatever makes them the most money.  Schmoes want to see muscle. Hell I'm sure a lot of the judges are schmoes. If Arnold personally started meddling around,  he could get in trouble. Especially if the whole of the IFBB wants something else.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »
So why would he allow guys like Kai and Branch to win his show? Certainly he can influence the outcome. Honest question.

Yes, but do you think the Arnold Classic would survive if he let some 200lbs physique twink take the first place? ???
He's got to please the CEO's of the big supplement companies, and all of them are schmoes.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
Can't believe that out of all people  Arnold would say something like " people see the big muscles, but there's not talent behind it "

WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Counter productive to promoting Bodybuilding like Arnold Classic, especially since it is all over the world now.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
Yes, but do you think the Arnold Classic would survive if he let some 200lbs physique twink take the first place? ???
He's got to please the CEO's of the big supplement companies, and all of them are schmoes.

Well, there really aren't any pros that fit your hypothetical, but I can see him endorsing guys like Dex and Wolf, who've both lost to either Branch or Kai. They've both won, too, but it hasn't been as consistent as one might expect, considering Arnold's opinions.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 12:34:55 PM »

The freaks pull in the crowds.  Crowds = Money

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 01:12:29 AM »
Arnold starting to believe his own hype. What was his talent apart from body building? he couldn't act for sh1t, and I very much doubt he was any great shakes as a politician(?) he was just in the right place at the right time and things snowballed.

It's like the manufactured pop bands that hit it big like one direction or the spice girls, they have no more talent than the thousands of other generic pop groups that amount to nothing , they just happen to capture the public's imagination at that moment. It's not because they have any great talent.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 01:34:10 AM »

Arnold thinks the general work-ethic has taken a dump... which it has for the most part.

Arnold also see's these young guys dying far too soon when most of his competitive buddies are still alive.

He knows that Pumping Iron and a few other calculated moves that he made really brought bodybuilding and fitness to the General Population, the "masses" ~ and he feels a little bit of guilt for not controlling the "sport' more than he has. He started it (pretty much) but has let it get off-track.

Did I talk to Arnold? No. Can I read his mind? No, but I know someone who can ~  ;D

mildred the maid?
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 02:00:01 AM »
Can't believe that out of all people  Arnold would say something like " people see the big muscles, but there's not talent behind it "

WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

At least there's less talent behind it. How many big guys have the same will power/work ethic as Arnold? The current generation is more concerned about the 'right' dosages than the mental part.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 02:31:26 AM »
Yea let's be honest arnold only has so much clout or there'd be no guts at his show. You could see when branch won a couple of times he favoured wolf.
He didn't have the clout many believe as governor either, more a glorified messenger.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »
arnold is just a bitter old hater

pumping iron was over rated by far

as dennis james said, it was basically just a bunch of guys working out and cracking jokes

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 02:39:07 AM »
arnold is just a bitter old hater

pumping iron was over rated by far

as dennis james said, it was basically just a bunch of guys working out and cracking jokes

Arnold never made a secret of this.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 02:41:57 AM »
arnold couldnt last 2 minutes in a workout with RC

work ethic my foot