Author Topic: Midlife crisis  (Read 10134 times)

the trainer

Midlife crisis
« on: April 13, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »
Did you ever have a midlife crisis and what crazy shit did you do, I feel you should have as much fun as possible when you are young so you dont have regrets when you are old, which is why I dont think its a good idea to marry young.

ismoseppo

Re: Midlife crisis
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »
Im 48 now and love getting older, no crisis other than acting like an idiot at times. You are right about marrying young , epically stupid and most of the time filled with regret later.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
was on the brink of one last year before turning 30.
didnt do anything drastic, just used to stay up late drinking vodka red bull and listening to music played in nigntclubs when i was age 17 to 21 wishing i could relive those times.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 12:11:55 PM »
30 years old is approaching a mid life crisis? I guess you're only planning to live to be 60.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 12:16:19 PM »
Nobody wants to be the old guy in the club.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 12:17:16 PM »
Im 48 now and love getting older, no crisis other than acting like an idiot at times. You are right about marrying young , epically stupid and most of the time filled with regret later.

Same here. My teen years were so miserable that I pretty much had nowhere to go but up after college. God's brought me a long way.

Life for me is like a fine wine.

Everhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »
I have no idea what age you are supposed to have a mid life crisis at. I just turned 40 and still feel great. I have a friend die at 30 so I am guessing she was supposed to have had her mid life crisis at 15.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »
I`m stuck in my second childhood.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 06:21:42 PM »
Worrying about your age is such a negative waste of energy.

I leave it to other people to worry about my age.,

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »

Best thing I ever saw you post

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »
Best thing I ever saw you post

Thx....I think  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »

lol.
profound.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »

QFT.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 07:23:26 PM »
I am not looking forward to old age because I know I will definitely have a midlife crisis. I am petrified of my own death. I think about it A LOT. It's still quite baffling to me that I will no longer have a consciousness.
X

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 07:32:26 PM »
Instead of a crisis I had a mid-life epiphany at 52. I divorced my wife. Found my high school sweetheart from 36 years before...starting dating here and got married. Now at 57 I am the happiest I have ever been and in the best shape ever to boot. Fuck that shit.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 07:39:12 PM »
Instead of a crisis I had a mid-life epiphany at 52. I divorced my wife. Found my high school sweetheart from 36 years before...starting dating here and got married. Now at 57 I am the happiest I have ever been and in the best shape ever to boot. Fuck that shit.

Damn bro I had no idea all that was going on.

Props on putting that all together though! Sounds like you're living the dream. Steadily hitting the iron, staying in shape and keeping a nice little something something that you love at the house...can't beat that!

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »
Damn bro I had no idea all that was going on.

Props on putting that all together though! Sounds like you're living the dream. Steadily hitting the iron, staying in shape and keeping a nice little something something that you love at the house...can't beat that!

Thanks just wish I would have figured it out sooner....better late than never I suppose.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »
I am not looking forward to old age because I know I will definitely have a midlife crisis. I am petrified of my own death. I think about it A LOT. It's still quite baffling to me that I will no longer have a consciousness.

Death frightens all of us.  It is the unknown and I know of no one who is unafraid of that. Being Christian does offer some comfort but I am honest enough to admit that my faith is not always a comfort because I can believe all I want but what is yet to come is still unknown. 

I wish I could help, but other than admit that I suffer the same fears as any person, I cannot.  Be well.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
Death frightens all of us.  It is the unknown and I know of no one who is unafraid of that. Being Christian does offer some comfort but I am honest enough to admit that my faith is not always a comfort because I can believe all I want but what is yet to come is still unknown. 

I wish I could help, but other than admit that I suffer the same fears as any person, I cannot.  Be well.

It's been said that "life has a way of preparing you for death"

SF is a younger guy so it's natural to have these thoughts but go ask your average person in their 20s and 30s about death versus people in their 80s and 90s and you'll get 2 very different types of replies.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:29 PM »
It's been said that "life has a way of preparing you for death"

SF is a younger guy so it's natural to have these thoughts but go ask your average person in their 20s and 30s about death versus people in their 80s and 90s and you'll get 2 very different types of replies.

Among the very elderly it has been my experience that some are tired and no longer worry so much while others still fret and cling to life as though to the last raft on the Titanic.    I just want him to know he is not alone, even among those that have faith.

Thanks.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »

Phreak in a few years from now...  ;D

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »
Oh ohoh. Im deep down the shit : ). No girlfriend (date and fuck sometimes but most of the time put and end to it, never feel any connections, and if I do she put an end to it). Have friends, family but never feel any connection to them either. 3 educations past highschool. Chef industrial design and surveying. Always quit my jobs, cant stand them :). Always dark thoughts and filled with large amounts of anxienty for the last two years who drives me almost to panic several time/day : ) Life is great!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 03:04:28 AM »
I had a mini midlife crisis three years ago.  Its a long story but at the end I got over it. I think it's natural for men to have moments of adjustment as they get older.
A

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 04:00:34 AM »
It's stupid to marry young if one (a male, as for females there are certain biological issues after they hit 30) is good looking (some people have genes/looks that enables them to "date" for as long as they want...) and rich OR has an obvious potential to get rich. Most of the time such a person if marries young - will end up dovorced as it takes a will of steel to refrain from life "adventures" when you "have it all". Mid-life crysis is a myth to get more people to go to mental "doctors".. Some people are miserable and regret everyting from a get go, some just enjoy it whatever age they are (once again - if they have good genes and are rich). Simple as that.

For the rest (short, ugly, broke, etc..) - marrying young is good and preferable as they won't be able to find "the right one" when they are older.

And we all have a good "sense" of what kind of situation we are in. Look at people from your school for ex. - the uglier/less potential people were, the sooner they married, usualy.

It's all relative.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 04:02:55 AM »
getbig is cure for midlife crisis.