Author Topic: Midlife crisis  (Read 10156 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Midlife crisis
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 04:03:07 AM »
Instead of a crisis I had a mid-life epiphany at 52. I divorced my wife. Found my high school sweetheart from 36 years before...starting dating here and got married. Now at 57 I am the happiest I have ever been and in the best shape ever to boot. Fuck that shit.

k'bordner is that you? :D

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 04:04:15 AM »
Death frightens all of us.  It is the unknown and I know of no one who is unafraid of that. Being Christian does offer some comfort but I am honest enough to admit that my faith is not always a comfort because I can believe all I want but what is yet to come is still unknown. 

I wish I could help, but other than admit that I suffer the same fears as any person, I cannot.  Be well.

You are wrong. Not all of us, that's for sure. I'm not afraid of death, at all, I'm afraid of getting old and crippled/a shadow of my current self, that's fukkin scary. Death? Non existence is a bliss.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 05:06:34 AM »
k'bordner is that you? :D

Why yes it is! Butterbean changed my screenname due to my awesome Mad max Mohawk.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 05:19:36 AM »
Why yes it is! Butterbean changed my screenname due to my awesome Mad max Mohawk.

Lol, I knew it. Your story is a great one, enjoy it!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 05:20:58 AM »
You are wrong. Not all of us, that's for sure. I'm not afraid of death, at all, I'm afraid of getting old and crippled/a shadow of my current self, that's fukkin scary. Death? Non existence is a bliss.

The dying part certainly won't be blissful.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 05:32:15 AM »
The dying part certainly won't be blissful.

My grand-grand mother was alive and going strong till 92, no health issues at all, a lil' hearloss, but nothing serious. Dropped dead while walking to a kitchen (her spleen ripped), if she suffered - it was a few seconds at most. Nothing too far from a "blissful" I guess...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 06:21:56 AM »
well i remember at 40 having great sex with a 21 year old. I liked her Long hair in my face when fucking. Canīt really say if it was a mid life crisis but we had a Long affair.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:21 AM »
well i remember at 40 having great sex with a 21 year old. I liked her Long hair in my face when fucking. Canīt really say if it was a mid life crisis but we had a Long affair.

Donny, you do realise that hiding in the ceiling of the girls changing rooms with a thong on your head isn't sex right?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 06:31:05 AM »
Donny, you do realise that hiding in the ceiling of the girls changing rooms with a thong on your head isn't sex right?
Mate when you are 40, tell me about your sexual activity ;)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 06:42:06 AM »
To sum it up  - it's nothing money couldn't solve.

Parker>That's right. My point was - it's not a given (of how/what will happen).

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 06:51:54 AM »
It's stupid to marry young if one (a male, as for females there are certain biological issues after they hit 30) is good looking (some people have genes/looks that enables them to "date" for as long as they want...) and rich OR has an obvious potential to get rich. Most of the time such a person if marries young - will end up dovorced as it takes a will of steel to refrain from life "adventures" when you "have it all". Mid-life crysis is a myth to get more people to go to mental "doctors".. Some people are miserable and regret everyting from a get go, some just enjoy it whatever age they are (once again - if they have good genes and are rich). Simple as that.

For the rest (short, ugly, broke, etc..) - marrying young is good and preferable as they won't be able to find "the right one" when they are older.

And we all have a good "sense" of what kind of situation we are in. Look at people from your school for ex. - the uglier/less potential people were, the sooner they married, usualy.

It's all relative.
True , being rich allow you to do what you want when you want and get access to the best whatever the way you look. Love is all about interests.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 07:16:23 AM »
True , being rich allow you to do what you want when you want and get access to the best whatever the way you look. Love is all about interests.

True, but quite sad.

BTW - I've been out of this (and most other) bords for a year or so, after I came back I browsed through some stuff you've written in that time, I've noticed more cynism in your posts, or maybe that's just my projection. Most of that was interesting, anyway. As I've started understanding more and more myself, as I've been reading various stuff heavy when I had free time from work, I feel I've became kind of "dull" regarding various aspects of life. I'm starting to get envious of less intelligent people. This kind of knowledge changes perspective in an extreme way... I'm not sure yet what to do with it. It can be used as a "deadly weapon" against others or oneself I guess.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:47 AM »
You shouldnt be envious of less intelligent people, as they suffer even more than smart people ; the spend their life wishing they could be in their shoes. In fact everyone suffers most of the time, life being a constant struggle, conflict, a constant search for balance between extremes. The only people i can think of who are truly happy in the west in the sense that they have the more fun most of their lives are rich people who work intensely; being busy , in the flow of a solide daily positive routine is true hapiness, with the help of various expensive drugs. A predictable stable fun life where you control everything, where you dominate everyone. But again, you have to be taught, conditionned, that way from the getgo by your parents. Id go as far to say that everything is conditionned by your upbringings and genetics.
One 's hapiness is often at the expense of others, or by exploiting others weaknesses. But who cares, life is a giant free for all. It's all about killing with a big smile on your face.

We are animals who are conscious of being animals, which means we re still, only, animals. Our only purpose is to dominate, adapt in order to survive until we reproduce and... that's about it. To this day  I still strongly stand by this "personal" discovery countless of thinkers made in the past. I guess it's called growing up. You can give it a nice happy spin to the whole thing but it's only if you want to sell books and make money out of it, negating the cold truth; it's all about killing instead of getting killed at all possible and known levels.  The only way to escape sadness is to sublimate yourself thru work or creative endeavours, thru positive relationships, to keep busy so you can ignore the reality as long as you can. A reality that will hit you in the face when you re old anyway.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2014, 08:10:56 AM »
But again, you have to be taught, conditionned, that way from the getgo by your parents. Id go as far to say that everything is conditionned by your upbringings and genetics.

I'd guess challenges to survive can create someone who is able to dominate effectively even if not raised to do that (but genes probably still play a serious role, as some people just succumb and never recover), if a said person doesn't destruct himself over time while still struggling to find "the way".  

Quite remarkable I'd say - animals pondering on their own way of functioning and overall "flow of things", analysing the way everything works and consciously acknowledging the reality.

One can only hope to have lots of money (mostly to keep body as "young" and healthy as possible, with the expensive medicine. It will soon be even more glaringly obvious, the separation of high and lower classes. People out of high class will even age in a different way. Quite an "injustice" for the rest. But it has always been that way.) and hope to die instantly some day, without much of a struggle "in between".

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:11 AM »
My grand-grand mother was alive and going strong till 92, no health issues at all, a lil' hearloss, but nothing serious. Dropped dead while walking to a kitchen (her spleen ripped), if she suffered - it was a few seconds at most. Nothing too far from a "blissful" I guess...

I guess we can only hope to go the same way then. Most people I know suffer in bed for months or years, before it really gets bad.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2014, 08:19:35 AM »
"How did it get so late so soon?"
-Dr Seuss

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
Worrying about your age is such a negative waste of energy.

I leave it to other people to worry about my age.,

Are you saying you're so old that when the first ever gym opened you were second in line behind wes to join ???

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »
The only people i can think of who are truly happy in the west in the sense that they have the more fun most of their lives are rich people who work intensely; being busy , in the flow of a solide daily positive routine is true hapiness, with the help of various expensive drugs.
[...]
The only way to escape sadness is to sublimate yourself thru work or creative endeavours, thru positive relationships, to keep busy so you can ignore the reality as long as you can. A reality that will hit you in the face when you re old anyway.

Escapism is not a form of happiness; it's a way of masking unhappiness.

Having money will certainly help you to do things you like, and make you happy. But you need to find happiness in things that are, not in what you think they should be. Be happy with small/inexpensive things and don't pursue to many big/expensive things. Sounds a bit Buddhist, but in this case they are right.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2014, 10:00:49 PM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
Midlife crisis = 1st world problem

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
I'm having my midlife crisis in my twenties.  :-X :-[

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 03:24:03 PM »
Yeah, definitely, don't get married when you're too young.  Enjoy and maximize your "Derek Jeter" years.  If your pulling power is still strong and you can attract younger women, then stay single until your 40s.  I eventually married "the woman of my dreams" but I waited until after I had travelled extensively in my 20s and 30s, including temporarily living abroad in some interesting cities, and (most importantly) I had more than my fair share of great romances with a nice variety of women . . . glad I got all that out of my system before I finally settled down and committed myself to the family thing to take me the rest of the way.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »
Oh ohoh. Im deep down the shit : ). No girlfriend (date and fuck sometimes but most of the time put and end to it, never feel any connections, and if I do she put an end to it). Have friends, family but never feel any connection to them either. 3 educations past highschool. Chef industrial design and surveying. Always quit my jobs, cant stand them :). Always dark thoughts and filled with large amounts of anxienty for the last two years who drives me almost to panic several time/day : ) Life is great!

Very similar here.

I get nostalgic listening to music I listened to when in early 20s. I'm 32 now so pretty young still. As far as midlife crisis I want to get a corvette but not sure if that's the crisis or I just like the car and can finally almost afford one.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2014, 09:18:37 PM »
Instead of a crisis I had a mid-life epiphany at 52. I divorced my wife. Found my high school sweetheart from 36 years before...starting dating here and got married. Now at 57 I am the happiest I have ever been and in the best shape ever to boot. Fuck that shit.

Uh oh... "baby I woke up one morning and had an epiphany: I don't love you anymore"

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »
Very similar here.

I get nostalgic listening to music I listened to when in early 20s. I'm 32 now so pretty young still. As far as midlife crisis I want to get a corvette but not sure if that's the crisis or I just like the car and can finally almost afford one.

Love to ride shotgun some day.