Author Topic: Horrific health impacts of lowcarb diets. Now there is actual research.  (Read 3530 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
carbs hold water the less water we hold the more prone we are for organ failure and heart attacks, such a simple obvious reason yet many doubt the simplicity
A

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Well, I'm sticking to my bro diet consisting of brown rice/jasmin rice and salmon/chicken. ;D

How do people cope with low carb diets? I can barely do math without carbs, let alone run a couple of miles without it.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Well, I'm sticking to my bro diet consisting of brown rice/jasmin rice and salmon/chicken. ;D

How do people cope with low carb diets? I can barely do math without carbs, let alone run a couple of miles without it.

It takes a while to get down there, but I can get along just fine on 100g carbs a day. Any lower, and I do feel that.

Purge_WTF

Didn't I hear the narrator admit at 1:28 that the results were derived from the one study that was conducted on this? I need more convincing.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Oh yes... our ancestors cooked rice and ate what products for hundreds of thousands of years................... .. ::)

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
It takes a while to get down there, but I can get along just fine on 100g carbs a day. Any lower, and I do feel that.

Do you engage in any cardiovascular training at 100g and if so, how is it compared to "regular" carb levels in the food?

mayan

• Getbig II
Oh yes... our ancestors cooked rice and ate what products for hundreds of thousands of years................... .. ::)

And they had a life expectancy of about 40yrs. 

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Actually they did not, the reason why that info skewed is because of all the infant deaths, most people lived to their 60s and 70s. Ben Franklin lived to 84.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Actually they did not, the reason why that info skewed is because of all the infant deaths, most people lived to their 60s and 70s. Ben Franklin lived to 84.
this

Nirvana

• Getbig V
enough of this "Paleo" "Atkins" "ketogenic" low carb bullshit.  They're all just euphemisms for the Palumbo diet.  Ask yourself, is this a man I want to take any kind of advice from? Is this how I want to look when Jesus comes back?

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
enough of this "Paleo" "Atkins" "ketogenic" low carb bullshit.  They're all just euphemisms for the Palumbo diet.  Ask yourself, is this a man I want to take any kind of advice from? Is this how I want to look when Jesus comes back?

A testament to that just drugs alone can't build a world class body.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Do you engage in any cardiovascular training at 100g and if so, how is it compared to "regular" carb levels in the food?

Not lengthy CV training. More burst-like conditioning-type training. I definitely like training better with more carbs as there is definitely more "gas in the tank", but I am pretty carb sensitive, so if I want to drop a few pounds, I can just restrict carbs.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V

I don't think that's an accurate like for like measure taking into consideration todays cushy lifestyles and advanced medicines that can save massive physical traumas and infections. They had to hunt and fight for survival at all times, mortality rate was extremely high due to many other mechanical causes, something as simple as a deep cut would likely go sceptic and lead to death later. Death from old age those days would be a rarity.
S

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
High Carb diets work in countries where poor people are physically active and are fighting not to be in caloric deficit. Whatever carbs they take in are burned or stored as glycogen.

In a rich country, like the U.S, where poor people eat excessive calories, and are lazy, high carb is a disaster. Glycogen stores are always filled to capacity with blood sugar still high. So, the body is forced to use carbs as its primary fuel source. Whatever fat is eaten gets stored as fat. The end result is obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

mayan

• Getbig II

Ben Franklin died at 84 in 1790.  The prehistoric/paleo era ended 20,000 years ago.  Ben ate plenty of starches.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV

I love the low/no carb diet. I have no problems performing at work or physically, hunger isn't an issue either, even though I have a huge appetite. I do 30min fasted cardio 5 days/wk, weight train 5 or 6 days/wk, and surprisingly drink less coffee than my coworkers who don't give a shit about their diets.
I think some people can handle it and some just can't. I realized I can't fast in the morning or else I feel like shit all day, some people can fast for days! Just find what works for you and do it.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
A testament to that just drugs alone can't build a world class body.
shit talkers gonna talk shit