Author Topic: Risk of Death vs. Reward Percentage the IFBB pro would accept?  (Read 1040 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
After seeing BFG's laundry list of drugs these IFBB pros use, some I know and some drugs I've never heard of.  What % of risk vs. reward would these guys accept?

Let's say a new drug came on the market guaranteed to add pure muscle mass the likes of Ronnie Coleman could only dream of but you'd have a 50% chance of dying and you wouldn't know until it you took it.  How many of these guys would risk it?

I see guys like Milos convinving his clients to give it a shot.  I could see Branch, Wolf, Hide, Beyeke,  Flex Lewis,Heath,  Coleman, old timers like Nasser, Levrone and Wheeler , Kamali, Gaspari taking the risk and even Cutler.  Guys who probably wouldn't take the chance would be Toney,  Rhoden, Centopani. Shawn Ray, Bob Chick, Labrada/

what do you think would be the acceptable % of Risk vs. Reward?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Risk of Death vs. Reward Percentage the IFBB pro would accept?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
in the 1970's they asked a large number of Olympic athletes from various sports......

' if you could take a pill that would gaurentee you a gold metal but you would die 5 years later; would you??'

95% said absolutely they would.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Every drug user says it won't be me. That's smokers, drinker, coke users etc... Bodybuilders are no different.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
in the 1970's they asked a large number of Olympic athletes from various sports......

' if you could take a pill that would gaurentee you a gold metal but you would die 5 years later; would you??'

95% said absolutely they would.

Yes this question is an old one and presented at a time when drug use was much lower.Also El diablo it is foolish to assume who might take the risk and who wouldn't based on your non-existent knowledge of the person.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »
When I 1st tried coke everyone was whispering that there was a chance that I could die when I first tried it, because a friend of oours DID die his 1st time trying it
 Heart issue or something, but we didn't know it.

I said fuck it and did it anyway. Probably one of the worst decisions of my life.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »
The problem is you don't always die suddenly. Lot's of these guys suffer for years before dying. Kidney dialysis is Hell. Strokes are Hell. Heart attacks hurt.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:18:33 AM »
The problem is you don't always die suddenly. Lot's of these guys suffer for years before dying. Kidney dialysis is Hell. Strokes are Hell. Heart attacks hurt.

Matarazzo is living on about with 20% heart capacity or something....not fun, plus the thought that he could sleep and not wake up at anytime.
S