Author Topic: Coach Joe is going to share with getbig what a real PRO stack looks like  (Read 39987 times)

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
Re: Coach Joe is going to share with getbig what a real PRO stack looks like
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2014, 02:57:29 AM »
Van_Bilderass, just hypothetically of course, but if someone found out your location and called the Swedish authority to inform them that a "muscular" "man" is in possession of anabolics, would this land you in an Ikea prison and being fed "meat" "balls"?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2014, 03:01:51 AM »
Van_Bilderass, just hypothetically of course, but if someone found out your location and called the Swedish authority to inform them that a "muscular" "man" is in possession of anabolics, would this land you in an Ikea prison and being fed "meat" "balls"?

Yes and I wouldn't put it past you with your history. ::) :D

Luckily for me I'm not very muscular and there are no anabolics at my house. :D

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2014, 03:06:47 AM »
Yes and I wouldn't put it past you with your history. ::) :D

Luckily for me I'm not very muscular and there are no anabolics at my house. :D

All this is hypothetical of course, so no need to "clean house" 8)

Just wondering really how obsessive the authorities are over there and their motivation.

It really fascinates me how a society can accept morphology profiling being applied by the authorities. I can't find any to rationale to it.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2014, 03:12:01 AM »

what the fuck do you know about strength sports???????

oh, wait.

Coach may know how to train athletes but he isn't that clued up on powerlifting. Only a few months back he thought that a squat required a pause at the bottom of the lift in order to get white lighted. :D

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2014, 03:19:54 AM »
Coach may know how to train athletes but he isn't that clued up on powerlifting. Only a few months back he thought that a squat required a pause at the bottom of the lift in order to get white lighted. :D

Not sure what this means nor care... does one need to be a "power"lifting aficionado to train real athletes?  Kinda missing your seems obsessive point here.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2014, 03:26:18 AM »

When Coach talks about deadlifts he means this:

No joke. He was causing earthquakes in the LA area a few weeks ago doing "deadlifts". :D

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2014, 03:29:20 AM »
Not sure what this means nor care... does one need to be a "power"lifting aficionado to train real athletes?  Kinda missing your seems obsessive point here.

Point is simple. Coach isn't that clued up on powerlifting and therefore isn't the best person to listen to regarding the issues of recovery, training methods etc in the sport.

If you want to know those kind of things in powerlifting, you'd be better listening to the likes of Van B, Fortress, Chaos etc.

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2014, 03:33:03 AM »
Point is simple. Coach isn't that clued up on powerlifting and therefore isn't the best person to speak to regarding the issues of recovery, training methods etc in the sport.

LOLOL ok son... what "sport" are we talking about here?

As far as I know, Joe is a highly successful at bodybuilding,  MMA strength training, football strength training and an epic golfer... 

So what's your point exactly?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2014, 03:38:05 AM »
LOLOL ok son... what "sport" are we talking about here?

As far as I know, Joe is a highly successful at bodybuilding,  MMA strength training, football strength training and an epic golfer... 

So what's your point exactly?

Powerlifting dude. :D
The last few pages have discussed recovery levels in powerlifting.

I just saw this. I'm having a hard time with this first paragraph or so. Takes months to recover from a few seconds??? Really? How did you physiologically come up with this?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2014, 06:24:28 AM »
So many uninformed people on here. 1. I don't really train for bodybuilding anymore. More powerlifting/strongman but, yes even at 230 and 51 years old I still have clearly visible abs.

No, not even close to 40 but even if it was my chest is still probably close to 52-53 but that's irrelevant.

Being lean is great, staying that way is nearly impossible. You guys that are ultra lean. Enjoy it, it ain't gonna last long. Yes, this includes go 4 it. If it does stay that way, you may have an eating disorder and stay weak.

Hey, no offense intended.  I'm just going off of recent pictures I've seen, the one where you're doing a side chest in a white t-shirt....I'd dig it up, but meh.

I really respect your accomplishments, experiences, and knowledge...but 230 at 5'6" is huge, even with visible abs.  Seems like it wouldn't be a bad idea to lighten up, if only to give your body a break....but hey, I'm just some guy on the internet

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »
Point is simple. Coach isn't that clued up on powerlifting and therefore isn't the best person to listen to regarding the issues of recovery, training methods etc in the sport.

If you want to know those kind of things in powerlifting, you'd be better listening to the likes of Van B, Fortress, Chaos etc.

Better yet, Mike Wolfe. It's really funny when someone makes a mistake someone is all of the sudden deemed not knowledgeable. I'll be posting on this throughout the day as time permits. But the recovery issue on this is complete bullshit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
When Coach talks about deadlifts he means this:

No joke. He was causing earthquakes in the LA area a few weeks ago doing "deadlifts". :D

We do conventional deadlifts as well. There is a difference.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
Okay, let me set up a scenario for you. You benched like 530lbs in your youth, so you say. You set a goal for yourself, in one year you're going to bench 545lbs or die trying, nothing else will matter, everything else will take a backseat to this goal. You know you are 50 years old but fuck those who say it can't be done. You set up a one year peaking cycle. You injure yourself a few times in the year but press on upping the painkiller dose. The shoulder is worse than ever but you think there is a chance. On the day of you are full of ephedrine and desperation and somehow manage to hit your goal.

Are you ready to try again next week, I mean you only exerted yourself for a few seconds? :D

My training partner is close to 50. Today he will attempt a 10lb raw lifetime deadlift max. He did a single squat on monday, felt he should probably take an easy deadlift session today and attempt next friday instead but he is afraid he might come down with something and then the whole year is lost. He will then start another training cycle... you can only hold peak form for so long, maybe a couple of weeks.

Ok, I want to to read the highlighted carefully. Then understand how painkillers can affect the breakdown of the CNS. I know it's used, but understand it anyway. Athletes exert the CNS everyday but they train for it. This what I'm having a hard time understanding from physiological sense.

We know there is a recovery period from set to set usually 3-5min on a ME day, be it bench, squat or deadlift. Of course here I'm going to use the Westside conjugate protocol. ME Upper, ME lower, DE upper, DE Lower. The goal each week is to break a record each week. I'll get back to this in a bit. But hold that thought.

Simple Simon

« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
Okay, let me set up a scenario for you. You benched like 530lbs in your youth, so you say. You set a goal for yourself, in one year you're going to bench 545lbs or die trying, nothing else will matter, everything else will take a backseat to this goal. You know you are 50 years old but fuck those who say it can't be done. You set up a one year peaking cycle. You injure yourself a few times in the year but press on upping the painkiller dose. The shoulder is worse than ever but you think there is a chance. On the day of you are full of ephedrine and desperation and somehow manage to hit your goal.

Are you ready to try again next week, I mean you only exerted yourself for a few seconds? :D

My training partner is close to 50. Today he will attempt a 10lb raw lifetime deadlift max. He did a single squat on monday, felt he should probably take an easy deadlift session today and attempt next friday instead but he is afraid he might come down with something and then the whole year is lost. He will then start another training cycle... you can only hold peak form for so long, maybe a couple of weeks.
So the few seconds of exertion has fuck all to do with him being able to train the next week, its the training on pain killers for a year.

You are just trolling now van, no ones really as dumb as you are looking with your recent posts.

You fat fuck.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2014, 01:12:09 PM »
When I say I go to failure at every workout,I`m not talking about the most weight I have ever used in my life for max reps on an exercise,I`m talking about multiple sets,multiple exercise movements, with muscle failure on each set of said movements.

1 hard workout per month = "over training resting".  :D

Poundages do vary on these movements from week to week, but I`m not trying to set strength records,I`m just training as hard as I can on any given day according to how I feel.

I could give 2 flying fucks if I ever deadlift 600 pounds.

Simple Simon

« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »
When I say I go to failure at every workout,I`m not talking about the most weight I have ever used in my life for max reps on an exercise,I`m talking about multiple sets,multiple exercise movements, with muscle failure on each set of said movements.

1 hard workout per month = "over training resting".  :D

Poundages do vary on these movements from week to week, but I`m not trying to set strength records,I`m just training as hard as I can on any given day according to how I feel.

I could give 2 flying fucks if I ever deadlift 600 pounds.

This.
I trained today , didn't use as much weight as normal because I felt a bit creaky during the exercise, still pushed it to failure though, drop sets , higher reps, partials.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »
This.
I trained today , didn't use as much weight as normal because I felt a bit creaky during the exercise, still pushed it to failure though, drop sets , higher reps, partials.
Same here bro,and come Monday,I`ll train to failure again..............or should I wait a few months?  ;D

What bodybuilder these days does a max one rep attempt?

No way can a person compare training to failure in bodybuilding to training to failure in powerlifting...........t hey`re just two completely different animals.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2014, 02:00:58 PM »
And that doesn't even include his whiny, nasally voice.... he's pathetic

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2014, 02:21:19 PM »
Ok, I want to to read the highlighted carefully. Then understand how painkillers can affect the breakdown of the CNS. I know it's used, but understand it anyway. Athletes exert the CNS everyday but they train for it. This what I'm having a hard time understanding from physiological sense.

We know there is a recovery period from set to set usually 3-5min on a ME day, be it bench, squat or deadlift. Of course here I'm going to use the Westside conjugate protocol. ME Upper, ME lower, DE upper, DE Lower. The goal each week is to break a record each week. I'll get back to this in a bit. But hold that thought.

So Van, all of this being said. If CNS recovery was that long how do you explain WS breaking records on a weekly basis? I also understand that records WON'T be broken every week but the intent is there. We follow a westside template in my gym and it works, a record is broken in some lift main lift each week.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »
Are you talking about the Roddy Benjaminsson incident? Roddy walked into the police station saying, hey I'd like you to test me, the Gladiators show wants "clean papers" so can you test me? They were like, that's not how it works, you can't just walk in here asking for a test.

Then they place him under arrest and let him pee. Of course this sounds strange, but what Roddy forgot to say is that when he talked to a cop he admitted to juicing in the past when doing bodybuilding shows LOL. What a moron. This guy claims lifetime natural status, but of course he has done tons of drugs.

One guy I know has been lucky also a couple of times. Twice at clubs the undercovers came over to talk about steroids, one time the female cop said alright we'll let you go, then the male cop takes him aside and says, you were lucky this time, I would have taken you in. :D
no it was abother guy that i never heard of a smaller physiqe guy or what they now call it in sweden

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2014, 02:27:45 PM »
remember, this is what those annoying online powerlifting assholes actually look like...

;D

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2014, 02:34:47 PM »
When i starte to train for a local gymcompetition i had nlt done the 3 lifts in 10 months and had 7 week to max out. I had a coach wjo was in the swedish national team in the 80s. 7 weeks is not much so i had to max out every session snd it got harder and harder to train so i woud be at my max in 7 weeks (so much max i had time to).  After the comp i was so beaten up so rested the whole week and i dont think i would have the strengt the nxt week to do the same. What van says about months i dont knlw but it took atleast 3-4 weeks for me to recover from the beating my body got in the 7 weeks

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
So the few seconds of exertion has fuck all to do with him being able to train the next week, its the training on pain killers for a year.

You are just trolling now van, no ones really as dumb as you are looking with your recent posts.

You fat fuck.

I never troll, it's not my style. I may joke a little here and there but then it's obvious. I leave the trolling to guys like you and Alex etc.

The reason I mentioned the painkillers is to make the point that all powerlifters work through aches and pains, something always hurts. My training partner
has taken diklofenac, an NSAID, every day for 10 years straight. He simply can't function without it. He does use codeine (with APAP), about 60mg which is a small dose, 3 or 4 days per week because his shoulder is so bad the pain would be too much without it.

The painkillers have nothing to do with the inability to recover instantaneously after hitting a PR (after training for 30 years every PR in the main powerlifts is a huge thing, sometimes it has taken a few years of brutal training to even add 10lbs to a lift).

Coach said something about painkillers braking down the CNS. I really want to hear this, never heard of such (quite possible I missed something with my google-fu). Sort of an aside, but I read that the old Russian weightlifting manuals mentioned they added small amounts of opiates as a recovery tool during the most taxing training periods. Coach mentions Westside powerlifters quite often, maybe he should ask around how many of those guys live on painkillers LOL. Some of these guys can't even lift their arm to drink a coffee, have to walk backwards down a flight of stairs, take a hot bath in the morning to even get out of the house LOL

I just came back from the gym, my friend missed his deadlift attempt. In his words, "That squat single on monday took too much out of me, I'm too beat up, I knew I should've taken an easy deadlift recovery session today and attempted next friday instead". This guy ain't no newbie or pussy, he has an IPF World's Gold medal in the deadlift.

Simple Simon

« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »
I never troll, it's not my style. I may joke a little here and there but then it's obvious. I leave the trolling to guys like you and Alex etc.

The reason I mentioned the painkillers is to make the point that all powerlifters work through aches and pains, something always hurts. My training partner
has taken diklofenac, an NSAID, every day for 10 years straight. He simply can't function without it. He does use codeine (with APAP), about 60mg which is a small dose, 3 or 4 days per week because his shoulder is so bad the pain would be too much without it.

The painkillers have nothing to do with the inability to recover instantaneously after hitting a PR (after training for 30 years every PR in the main powerlifts is a huge thing, sometimes it has taken a few years of brutal training to even add 10lbs to a lift).

Coach said something about painkillers braking down the CNS. I really want to hear this, never heard of such (quite possible I missed something with my google-fu). Sort of an aside, but I read that the old Russian weightlifting manuals mentioned they added small amounts of opiates as a recovery tool during the most taxing training periods. Coach mentions Westside powerlifters quite often, maybe he should ask around how many of those guys live on painkillers LOL. Some of these guys can't even lift their arm to drink a coffee, have to walk backwards down a flight of stairs, take a hot bath in the morning to even get out of the house LOL

I just came back from the gym, my friend missed his deadlift attempt. In his words, "That squat single on monday took too much out of me, I'm too beat up, I knew I should've taken an easy deadlift recovery session today and attempted next friday instead". This guy ain't no newbie or pussy, he has an IPF World's Gold medal in the deadlift.

What a colossal waste of time.

You guys are a fucking joke, you are weightlifting FFS, you're not going on a journey to the far side of the sun.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2014, 03:23:47 PM »
has taken diklofenac, an NSAID, every day for 10 years straight
. He simply can't function without it. He does use codeine (with APAP), about 60mg which is a small dose, 3 or 4 days per week because his shoulder is so bad the pain would be too much without it.

Has your friend ever considered the deleterious effects that taking an NSAID for such prolonged time can have??

GI track (NSAID's can cause gastric ulcers by way of their ability to reduce the presence of prostaglandins in the epithelial layer of the stomach, which allows for gastric acid to erose the inner lining of the stomach)

Clotting abilities (NSAID's interfere with platelet function)

Overall kidney health (NSAIDs can lead to both acute and chronic kidney injury including hemodynamically-mediated acute kidney injury, electrolyte and acid-base disorders, acute interstitial nephritis, which may be accompanied by the nephrotic syndrome, and papillary necrosis)

Have you spoken to him about this before?

"1"