Author Topic: Coach Joe is going to share with getbig what a real PRO stack looks like  (Read 40013 times)

backday

• Getbig III
Re: Coach Joe is going to share with getbig what a real PRO stack looks like
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »
I think the point is not that backday is concerned about aesthetics, but rather with the fact that he tore his lat.  And that had he attempted to lift more weight on a second attempt on that day, that he may have caused further damage to his lat.
Well I am a lil concerned about aesthetics  :).But you are right the lat could eaisly get more damaged with another attempt.To much gambling when I already
had the record.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »
Well I am a lil concerned about aesthetics  :).But you are right the lat could eaisly get more damaged with another attempt.To much gambling when I already
had the record.

Excuse me.....not AS concerned with aesthetics ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2014, 01:37:22 PM »
I think the point is not that backday is concerned about aesthetics, but rather with the fact that he tore his lat.  And that had he attempted to lift more weight on a second attempt on that day, that he may have caused further damage to his lat.
Always a good idea to call it a day lifting when the muscle is tearing off the tendon, it's the bodies way of saying "its too heavy"

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #278 on: April 19, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
Excuse me.....not AS concerned with aesthetics ;D
OK then   ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #279 on: April 19, 2014, 01:47:24 PM »
Always a good idea to call it a day lifting when the muscle is tearing off the tendon, it's the bodies way of saying "its too heavy"

Can't argue with that :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #280 on: April 19, 2014, 02:00:49 PM »
I had been away from deads for a year a while ago and first workout had a small tear on the left side. Next week, same thing on the right side. Forgot to relax my shoulders and not pull with my upper back.  :'(

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #281 on: April 19, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »
I had been away from deads for a year a while ago and first workout had a small tear on the left side. Next week, same thing on the right side. Forgot to relax my shoulders and not pull with my upper back.  :'(

yes.

We should all take your advice. Based on appearance and training prowess.

Simple Simon

« Reply #282 on: April 19, 2014, 02:11:48 PM »
yes.

Fucking hell, this guy is all Google and no gumption.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
yes.

You don't have to take anything from anyone "bro". Do what the fuck you want. :D

In that pic I hadn't been in a gym in many months, just started back. For some reason I'm very very injury prone, they call me the porcelain man. I don't "hoist" weight either, very very careful training style these days, the others call me a pussy for being afraid of heavy weights.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #284 on: April 19, 2014, 02:14:33 PM »
Fucking hell, this guy is all Google and no gumption.

By gumption, do you mean common sense? Or boldness and aggression?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2014, 02:15:47 PM »
Just like you my friend, just like you :)
Thanks buddy!!  :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »

Wow,that looks painful Van.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »

honest question for Van,    how different would Coach have been with this as opposed to the less than one gram he did?   how much leaner and heavier would he have been in your expert opinion?

edit.......    on getbig this could come across as me being an idiot and clashing with you. not at all.    I do respect you as an expert and am truly curious how dramatic a difference 'taking it to the next/highest level' would make.

Simple Simon

« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2014, 02:18:01 PM »
By gumption, do you mean common sense? Or boldness and aggression?
No common sense.

As for 'bold and aggressive', I would go with 'foolhardy.'

You clearly dont know your limits.
You look like shit and you are a dumbass in the gym.

Seriously, your are all knowledge and no practice.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »
This is definiately the best thread Wolfox ever made!  :D

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »
You don't have to take anything from anyone "bro". Do what the fuck you want. :D

In that pic I hadn't been in a gym in many months, just started back. For some reason I'm very very injury prone, they call me the porcelain man. I don't "hoist" weight either, very very careful training style these days, the others call me a pussy for being afraid of heavy weights.

Im not even trying to harsh on you man.

Its just that common sense dictates that only advice giving from someone who walks the walk is safe advice.

I could read off step by step instructions to installing a turbocharger on a mustang, based on internet findings, but I wouldnt have a fucking clue what I was talking about.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »
This is definiately the best thread Wolfox ever made!  :D
Yes because he has been out of it a long while :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
No common sense.

As for 'bold and aggressive', I would go with 'foolhardy.'

You clearly dont know your limits.
You look like shit and you are a dumbass in the gym.

Seriously, your are all knowledge and no practice.

Maybe, maybe not. We haven't trained together so I think it's kind of hard for you to determine that. But I've been training regularly for about 22 years... read bodybuilding magazines for 7 years before that so I had seen routines and read articles, often stupid of course, so I already had a little textbook knowledge from the start. But sure, I could still be a dumbass.

honest question for Van,    how different would Coach have been with this as opposed to the less than one gram he did?   how much leaner and heavier would he have been in your expert opinion?

edit.......    on getbig this could come across as me being an idiot and clashing with you. not at all.    I do respect you as an expert and am truly curious how dramatic a difference 'taking it to the next/highest level' would make.

I never called myself an expert. Any fool can write anything here and I'm just one among all the others. But I think conditioning is something that can be controlled and since Coach has a very good structure and has good size he could have won his class without any extra mass just by being the hardest in the class. I don't know what he did exactly for the show with the drugs but my hunch is that he could have been considerably bigger and theoretically had the potential to win the overall. How much bigger exactly he could've been is impossible to say, you have to try it and see.

Simple Simon

« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. We haven't trained together so I think it's kind of hard for you to determine that. But I've been training regularly for about 22 years... read bodybuilding magazines for 7 years before that so I had seen routines and read articles, often stupid of course, so I already had a little textbook knowledge from the start. But sure, I could still be a dumbass.

I never called myself an expert. Any fool can write anything here and I'm just one among all the others. But I think conditioning is something that can be controlled and since Coach has a very good structure and has good size he could have won his class without any extra mass just by being the hardest in the class. I don't know what he did exactly for the show with the drugs but my hunch is that he could have been considerably bigger and theoretically had the potential to win the overall. How much bigger exactly he could've been is impossible to say, you have to try it and see.
are you ESFitness gimmick account, or vice versa?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
Its just that common sense dictates that only advice giving from someone who walks the walk is safe advice.

Trust me, safety first is my advice always. I may take risks but can't recommend others to do the same. Like my buddy who finished 3rd at the last Euro champs, I tell him to be careful with benches... he still wants to do them, but stops a couple of inches over his chest (a "pussy pad" for squats on the bar). I watch him deadlift and watch so he doesn't bend the supinated arm at all. Things like that.

are you ESFitness gimmick account, or vice versa?

Where are the similarities? There are none. Again, I'm no gimmicker. Though I'm anonymous I never told a single lie here. It's important to me, even if no one would ever know if I lied my ass off.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quitˇter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
Im not even trying to harsh on you man.

I could read off step by step instructions to installing a turbocharger on a mustang, based on internet findings, but I wouldnt have a fucking clue what I was talking about.

Good thing many exercised common sense and never listened to Béla Károlyi, Sean Foley, or Greg Jackson

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »
Good thing many exercised common sense and never listened to Béla Károlyi, Sean Foley, or Greg Jackson

I see what youre getting at. I havent a clue who Bela Karolyi is... but this argument is sort of invalid.

Sean Foley and Greg Jackson DO walk the walk. Sean Foley WILL out golf you and Greg Jackson WILL fuck you up in a fight.

Failure to compete in ones skill isn't indicative of "not walking the walk". Maybe limited by physical short comings, or just a downright lack of god given talent; but they do "walk the walk" so to speak.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2014, 02:44:24 PM »
Karolyi from Wiki  :D

Several of Károlyi's athletes from the six-pack era were critical of his training methods. Some of his former athletes, including Kristie Phillips, Dominique Moceanu, and Erica Stokes, have stated publicly that Károlyi was verbally and psychologically abusive during workouts. Károlyi's constant critical remarks about weight and body type were said to drive some gymnasts to develop eating disorders and low self-esteem.[17] Some gymnasts, such as Phillips, Moceanu, and 1988 Olympian Chelle Stack, have noted that they were also compelled to continue training and competing even when coping with serious injuries such as broken bones.[17] In one interview, Moceanu, who was one of Károlyi's final protégés, noted: "I'm sure Bela saw injuries, but if you were injured, Bela didn't want to see it...You had to deal with it. I was intimidated. He looked down on me. He was 6-feet something, and I was 4-foot nothing."[18]

Simple Simon

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
looks like a fucking chester