Author Topic: Coach Joe is going to share with getbig what a real PRO stack looks like  (Read 39970 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Coach Joe is going to share with getbig what a real PRO stack looks like
« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »
I see what youre getting at. I havent a clue who Bela Karolyi is... but this argument is sort of invalid.

Sean Foley and Greg Jackson DO walk the walk. Sean Foley WILL out golf you and Greg Jackson WILL fuck you up in a fight.

Failure to compete in ones skill isn't indicative of "not walking the walk". Maybe limited by physical short comings, or just a downright lack of god given talent; but they do "walk the walk" so to speak.

Yes, Foley and Jackson will.  No doubt.  But have either been under the pressure of a "pro" event?  No. Neither have had to prep for such events.  In the case of Foley, he only competed on the varsity team of a college yet he has a number of high level PGA tour guys coming to him.  So, if you are cutting Van down because he doesn't have an Olympia caliber body and thus his advice is bad shouldn't you apply that same logic to both Jackson and Foley? 

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »
Yes, Foley and Jackson will.  No doubt.  But have either been under the pressure of a "pro" event?  No. Neither have had to prep for such events.  In the case of Foley, he only competed on the varsity team of a college yet he has a number of high level PGA tour guys coming to him.  So, if you are cutting Van down because he doesn't have an Olympia caliber body and thus his advice is bad shouldn't you apply that same logic to both Jackson and Foley? 

Im not trying to cut the guy down, I have nothing against him at all. Im sure hes a real good dude etc.

but

College varsity/Amateur is a step below being a Pro. Its still a high level, way better than Joe Blow weekend golfer.

I dont think Van's skillset is even close to being considered high level. Van=/= Foley, jackson etc.

Once again, just observing, not knocking him, but he has no size from the look of that picture, has torn both his lats deadlifting... something is missing. He even stated it was due to him making a mistake.

I find myself talking more shit on Van than I want to, I mean him no disrespect. Just stating facts.

I see your argument, I just dont see a real life correlation between the instructors/coaches you mentioned and van

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »
Im not trying to cut the guy down, I have nothing against him at all. Im sure hes a real good dude etc.

but

College varsity/Amateur is a step below being a Pro. Its still a high level, way better than Joe Blow weekend golfer.

I dont think Van's skillset is even close to being considered high level. Van=/= Foley, jackson etc.

Once again, just observing, not knocking him, but he has no size from the look of that picture, has torn both his lats deadlifting... something is missing. He even stated it was due to him making a mistake.

I find myself talking more shit on Van than I want to, I mean him no disrespect. Just stating facts.

I see your argument, I just dont see a real life correlation between the instructors/coaches you mentioned and van

You're right, I'm a nobody, never said any different. I'm not a coach and not an expert. Sure I have opinions and this forum is open for opinions from anybody.

What are your credentials? Shows won etc?

As far as injuries, anyone can have them, doesn't matter what you know. All the powerlifting greats are a mess. Most bodybuilders have torn something.

There's a dude called Dave Tate who knows a lot about powerlifting, was an elite powerlifter etc. He's a coach and highly respected. Here's his injury list from powerlifting.

"Unfortunately, my injury total has also been accumulating. Here's a brief summary of all my major injuries, starting with my first one in 1986. I'll begin with the calves and move up. Also keep in mind that these are just the major ones that left me immobile for more than a week:

• Calves: I've torn both of them, leaving a huge indentation in each.

• Right Knee: Back in the late 80's I strained my ACL and that left me on crutches for two weeks. I've had three other similar strains since that time.

• Right Hamstring: I tore this hamstring so badly that I nearly needed surgery to fix it.

• Left Knee: I've partially torn my patellar tendon. This wasn't bad, pain-wise, but it did mess up my squatting for four months.

• Quad: I pulled my right quad in the early 90's. It was so bad that it turned my entire leg black.

• Groin: I've injured my groin on both the right and left sides. This was a year of hell where there was nothing I could do to get it fixed. So I just wrapped it up and dealt with it. After a year it got better.

• Lower Abdominal: I tore my lower abdominal muscles seven years ago. I did this while squatting and it was perhaps the most painful injury I've ever had.

• Spine: The following discs are herniated: L4, L5, C4, C5. C4 and C5 left my hand numb for a few months. L4 and L5 occurred over 14 years ago and required me to take two months off training

• Intercostals: I've strained two on each side over the past ten years.

• Left pec: I tore this muscle at the tendon and needed surgery to repair it.

• Right pec: I tore this muscle in half but decided to not have surgery since the tendon was still attached.

• Both pecs: I've torn each at least 20 times and each time caused the entire pec to turn black and blue. All of these happened before the above pec injuries.

• Right shoulder: I've had a torn supraspinatus, bone spurs, and now have arthritis. I had this shoulder cleaned up with the AC shaved down to allow more movement, but am now experiencing almost all the same ailments in the same shoulder. Doctors are talking replacement.

• Left shoulder: This one also has arthritis, but isn't as bad as the other."

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2014, 04:25:25 PM »
You're right, I'm a nobody, never said any different. I'm not a coach and not an expert. Sure I have opinions and this forum is open for opinions from anybody.

What are your credentials? Shows won etc?

As far as injuries, anyone can have them, doesn't matter what you know. All the powerlifting greats are a mess. Most bodybuilders have torn something.

I have no credentials at all. Im 510 215ish with around 12% bodyfat. I would be peeled on stage at 185 pounds top. Ive never taken anything other test and never in greater dosages than a few hundred mg, never even up 500mg.

Im a weekend warrior hardly even juiced up, good size, kinda soft, etc.

but here is the kicker; I keep my dumb fucking mouth shut about things I have no business talking about, or haven't personally done myself.

search through my history, you wont find one post of me giving any advice about topics foreign to me. I dont talk about powerlifting because I dont know a lot about it, nor do I care to, tbh.

I know a little about low dose gear, and having bigger arms than joe blow standing next to me at any given place, tis about it.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »
I have no credentials at all. Im 510 215ish with around 12% bodyfat. I would be peeled on stage at 185 pounds top. Ive never taken anything other test and never in greater dosages than a few hundred mg, never even up 500mg.

Im a weekend warrior hardly even juiced up, good size, kinda soft, etc.

but here is the kicker; I keep my dumb fucking mouth shut about things I have no business talking about, or haven't personally done myself.

search through my history, you wont find one post of me giving any advice about topics foreign to me. I dont talk about powerlifting because I dont know a lot about it, nor do I care to, tbh.

I know a little about low dose gear, and having bigger arms than joe blow standing next to me at any given place, tis about it.

and yet you seem more than a little interested in discrediting van, who gives advice about "topics foreign" to you...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »

search through my history, you wont find one post of me giving any advice about topics foreign to me.

There's different ways to see this. I saw the seminar where George Farrah dissed Hany Rambod because he hasn't applied his theories on himself. But still pros search his advice for whatever reason. Same with Chad Nicholls. I happen to think Farrah seems like a real retard, "eggwhites aren't absorbed by the body". If I wanted to fuck up my arms with Synthol I might ask Farrah for advice. :D

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
and yet you seem more than a little interested in discrediting van, who gives advice about "topics foreign" to you...

Provide examples please.

There's different ways to see this. I saw the seminar where George Farrah dissed Hany Rambod because he hasn't applied his theories on himself. But still pros search his advice for whatever reason. Same with Chad Nicholls. I happen to think Farrah seems like a real retard, "eggwhites aren't absorbed by the body". If I wanted to fuck up my arms with Synthol I might ask Farrah for advice. :D

I get that point actually. 

Both Farrah and Hany have brought competitors in top shape.  Even though Hany hasnt ever competed, or even lift  ??? he HAS proven himself to be a good coach.

Thanks for not taking anything personal btw. Shit kicker above is attempting instigate, but its unnecessary, this an adult discussion, there is no name calling etc.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »
Provide examples please.

I get that point actually. 

Both Farrah and Hany have brought competitors in top shape.  Even though Hany hasnt ever competed, or even lift  ??? he HAS proven himself to be a good coach.

Thanks for not taking anything personal btw. Shit kicker above is attempting instigate, but its unnecessary, this an adult discussion, there is no name calling etc.

lol, you and jeff have been on his case all thread.  for example, just one page ago:

yes.

We should all take your advice. Based on appearance and training prowess.

now you realize you can't win, so you're settling for peace with van and shifting your attention to an "easier target" (me)...

more transparent a cutler-esque "muscle tear"

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2014, 05:19:57 PM »
lol, you and jeff have been on his case all thread.  for example, just one page ago:

now you realize you can't win, so you're settling for peace with van and shifting your attention to an "easier target" (me)...

more transparent a cutler-esque "muscle tear"

Nah. Although you are indeed an "easier target"- thats not what I was doing. Van was hit up, he kept his cool, which is indicative of someone who isnt BSing. You tried to instigate. Youre a shit talker, its all good.

Ill admit, I was a bit of a smart ass, who cares. Is he full of shit? Maybe, who knows, Im a skeptic of most. I personally wouldnt ask for his advice, but that is me.

Does my opinion matter? I really hope not.

Simmer down "cpshieis"

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
These lists of injuries are a good reality check as to just how fucking retarded Powerlifting is.

Destroy every joint in your body, look like shit, take years off your life walking around with borderline type 2 and holding 40lbs of water in the sausage-rolls on the back of your neck

But but but DENSITY  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2014, 05:35:04 PM »
These lists of injuries are a good reality check as to just how fucking retarded Powerlifting is.

Destroy every joint in your body, look like shit, take years off your life walking around with borderline type 2 and holding 40lbs of water in the sausage-rolls on the back of your neck

It's not like every powerlifter has an injury list that long.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2014, 01:45:01 AM »

Nah you can`t generalize as if every powerlifter gets so many injurys and
look like that or die by 50-60.
I hate  ;D to put me as an exempel but here we go.

63 years old, lifting heavy,not major injuries and not so bad shape:

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2014, 01:53:19 AM »
Nah you can`t generalize as if every powerlifter gets so many injurys and
look like that or die by 50-60.
I hate  ;D to put me as an exempel but here we go.

63 years old, lifting heavy,not major injuries and not so bad shape:

Do you field a lot of compliments in regards to your tummy pubes?

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #313 on: April 20, 2014, 01:57:47 AM »
Do you field a lot of compliments in regards to your tummy pubes?
Yes, yes, yes  :-* :-*