Author Topic: All about guitar  (Read 15425 times)

Christian B

• Getbig II
Re: Gotta give props to FATMC... he's quite the guitar player *vid of fatmc*
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2014, 04:18:36 AM »
Quick lesson if any of you bodybuilding guitarists want to learn some of the tricks that make Ed and Yngwie sound the way they do ~

I didn't feel like using a scanner or my Stylus, so I just MW'd it and screenshot it, but you should get the gist of it. Won't make you an expert but you will be playing the EXACT same notes they play ALL THE TIME! Yeah? Coo ~

Awesome  :) Thanks man

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2014, 05:22:41 AM »
Quick lesson if any of you bodybuilding guitarists want to learn some of the tricks that make Ed and Yngwie sound the way they do ~

I didn't feel like using a scanner or my Stylus, so I just MW'd it and screenshot it, but you should get the gist of it. Won't make you an expert but you will be playing the EXACT same notes they play ALL THE TIME! Yeah? Coo ~

thanks bro I work on it

and post a vid of shredding the same notes at 100 mph
T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2014, 05:32:44 AM »
This thread epically backfired on old Wolfox.  ;D

Biggest thread backfire since woo tried to mess with 333386
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2014, 05:34:22 AM »
Biggest thread backfire since woo tried to mess with 333386
I don`t remember that one......must have happened when I was away being an elf.  ;)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »
thanks bro I work on it

and post a vid of shredding the same notes at 100 mph

Lol ~ there are so many guys out there that do that whole electronic-metronome thing these days. It's really not that difficult. If you look at the "Fastest guitarists on Youtube" vids, you will see these guys... and it's tasteless. Just speed. I'm truly not bragging when I say that I can keep up with them. All it is..is fast RH picking. Your left hand is basically working in memory mode, nothing special.

I would much rather hear a solo that has some feeling to it. Something that moves you emotionally. Shredding... does none of that. I need a solo that has been structured over specific chord progressions... something that makes me have to THINK and be creative.

Now, I do have plenty of vids of me "shredding" just for the sake of playing fast, but that's all they are.

The backing track on this one is so disgusting it makes me cringe. It was just a cheap-ass sampler. Nothing like what I use today.

The scales are simple: E minor, B altered Dominant mode of the Harmonic minor, and E pentatonic. All the rest is just show as in "effects" and such. Flicking the tip of the vibrato bar to make the floating springs vibrate... octave splitting.. RH tapping on the same fret that is being hammered-on by the Left hand... just for show. I actually really hate this vid, but here goes!  >:(

BTW, anyone notice where my pick comes from between tapping? And how it comes back so quickly? That too is kind of a cool little trick. Very helpful. Keeps you fluid, otherwise you would have to stop for a moment, or delay something somehow ~

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:58 AM »

Lol ~ there are so many guys out there that do that whole electronic-metronome thing these days. It's really not that difficult. If you look at the "Fastest guitarists on Youtube" vids, you will see these guys... and it's tasteless. Just speed. I'm truly not bragging when I say that I can keep up with them. All it is..is fast RH picking. Your left hand is basically working in memory mode, nothing special.

I would much rather hear a solo that has some feeling to it. Something that moves you emotionally. Shredding... does none of that. I need a solo that has been structured over specific chord progressions... something that makes me have to THINK and be creative.

Now, I do have plenty of vids of me "shredding" just for the sake of playing fast, but that's all they are.

The backing track on this one is so disgusting it makes me cringe. It was just a cheap-ass sampler. Nothing like what I use today.

The scales are simple: E minor, B altered Dominant mode of the Harmonic minor, and E pentatonic. All the rest is just show as in "effects" and such. Flicking the tip of the vibrato bar to make the floating springs vibrate... octave splitting.. RH tapping on the same fret that is being hammered-on by the Left hand... just for show. I actually really hate this vid, but here goes!  >:(

BTW, anyone notice where my pick comes from between tapping? And how it comes back so quickly? That too is kind of a cool little trick. Very helpful. Keeps you fluid, otherwise you would have to stop for a moment, or delay something somehow ~

You got any performance videos with your band?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
get prince rocking

the telecaster

Story goes all the other performers were like "Prince ???" why is that dude playing with us" and the solo was a big FUCK YOU from Prince to them.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
Prince kicks ass on guitar.

He jammed his ass off and freaked those guys out.  :D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:29 AM »

He jammed his ass off and freaked those guys out.  :D

The year Black Sabbath and Skynyrd were inducted my brother was in the "Green" room with them before they were introduced...they showed that solo on the tv in the room and all those guys were like "Holy shit,he can really play"

....lol if I wasn't so lazy I'd download some of my brothers stuff from him playing on stage....not sitting in his living room like most here :o ;D

just kidding guys :D

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »
You got any performance videos with your band?

UGH! Yes ~

I'd rather post up studio tracks than have you look at our sorry asses.

I play in multiple "cover" bands... and do my best to keep my mouth shut. As most of you who know anything about me... this is a difficult task.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »

He jammed his ass off and freaked those guys out.  :D

Fucking intro to "Raspberry Beret" ~ I was like WTF??? the first time I heard it. Guy can play.

I wonder why YT has blocked the vid in our country? Even the other vids have the soundtracks replaced. Geez!

His record company must be WB ~  ::)

O.K. so now I'm told it's the intro to "When Doves Fly" ~ fuck I don't know. YT won't play shit. Not even a tutorial. Someone else try??

It's a cool little guitar solo intro ~ and I think I liked Sheena Easton a little too much...

Simple Simon

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
UGH! Yes ~

I'd rather post up studio tracks than have you look at our sorry asses.

I play in multiple "cover" bands... and do my best to keep my mouth shut. As most of you who know anything about me... this is a difficult task.

Understand completely, not a problem.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »

The year Black Sabbath and Skynyrd were inducted my brother was in the "Green" room with them before they were introduced...they showed that solo on the tv in the room and all those guys were like "Holy shit,he can really play"

....lol if I wasn't so lazy I'd download some of my brothers stuff from him playing on stage....not sitting in his living room like most here :o ;D

just kidding guys :D
Cool............I remember years ago watching some video on MTV or VH1 back when Prince was at the height of his popularity and he cranked on guitar at one spot in the video.

I was impressed to say the least,but in the vid above,he gets busy.

If I remember correctly which is doubtful,I think he plays drums too and the Hammond B3 organ.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »
Cool............I remember years ago watching some video on MTV or VH1 back when Prince was at the height of his popularity and he cranked on guitar at one spot in the video.

I was impressed to say the least,but in the vid above,he gets busy.

If I remember correctly which is doubtful,I think he plays drums too and the Hammond B3 organ.

Prince plays everything.  I don't know about these days, but back when I was into prince ( Dirty mind, 1999)  he wrote, performed and produced every note on his records.  The Revolution was basically his touring band.

Prince is no joke

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »
Prince plays everything.  I don't know about these days, but back when I was into prince ( Dirty mind, 1999)  he wrote, performed and produced every note on his records.  The Revolution was basically his touring band.

Prince is no joke
Talented mofo for sure.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2014, 04:55:06 PM »

"This video not available in your country"  :(

I`ll have to look for it later.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2014, 05:35:04 PM »
"This video not available in your country"  :(

I`ll have to look for it later.

I would really like to hear that solo again.... ???

I'll find something somewhere.... if I'm determined.  ::)

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2014, 05:36:11 PM »
id pay big mc for geetar lessons good reason to sneak out the house

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2014, 02:08:35 AM »

yeah I was being sarcastic about the 100 mph hour thing

people definitely sacrifice feel for speed

I picked up some nice gothic style phrasing learning randy Rhodes solos

gives it that dark almost operatic vibe

ive got a line 6 at home which I can put backing on to practice
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2014, 02:21:20 AM »
here a good vid of zak shredding

incredible power in his fingers to generate that vibrato

T

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2014, 03:20:09 AM »

By the way, why not play it three notes per string. 8-9-11 on the g string, 8-10-12 on the b string and 8-11-12 on the e string?  :)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2014, 03:45:35 AM »

Leo Kottke is amazing on the 12 string guitar.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2014, 03:46:48 AM »
yeah I was being sarcastic about the 100 mph hour thing

people definitely sacrifice feel for speed

I picked up some nice gothic style phrasing learning randy Rhodes solos

gives it that dark almost operatic vibe

ive got a line 6 at home which I can put backing on to practice

Randy was another guy who was into minor scales, diminished scales and some very off-the-wall dissonance. Think "Diary of a Madman" where he purposely ends the guitar solo 1/2 step below/off the key of the resolved note, not to mention the very ominous chord structures. I can't think of anything of his that ever involved the Harmonic Minor scale. I think he basically stuck to the Pentatonic, minor Diatonic and Diminished scales. He also tapped with the right hand.. we all stole that from the master. Randy liked to use his pick to tap instead of his finger often times. He also had some very original ideas for changing the pitch of a string, like fretting the note and then reaching in front of the fretted finger and literally pulling the string inches away from the neck. I think he came up with this stuff b/c he wasn't so quick to jump on the Floyd Rose locking tremelo, and it hadn't yet been made for his favorite guitars: The Flying V and the Les Paul.

I have a Spider Line 6 also. Fun to make your own recordings that's for sure. I use my own rack-mount effects and I pull the guitar solos out of the original tracks for my Youtube stuff. Sometimes WMG has a little shit-fit but they've been pretty lenient with me for the most part.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
By the way, why not play it three notes per string. 8-9-11 on the g string, 8-10-12 on the b string and 8-11-12 on the e string?  :)

You must be mis-reading bro. It IS 3 notes per string... and I would suggest sticking with that and finding EACH AND EVERY note in that scale on EACH AND EVERY string on your guitar if you would like to get fluent at the altered Dominant mode. The only thing that should be "off" with that tab is what I stated earlier. I could have written it out instead of typing it and put the fretted notes right ON the lines instead of between them. Regardless, 7 (B) 8 (C) and 11 (E flat or D sharp #) however you want to look at that dependent on the overall key... is still... THREE NOTES PER STRING ~ yeah buddy.